Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

2 stone in 6 weeks

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:21 am

so i have to lose 2 stone in 6 weeks.

any one here ever done this ?
tips ? (what should i eat, when should i go running..morning,night etc..what shouldnt i eat..)

any help will be very useful :ayatollah:

Re: 2 stone in 6 weeks

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:32 am

Dont eat. Run everywhere! ;)

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:41 am

I did this last year. Two stone in 2 months.

Being a very basic sort of person I just stopped eating and got by on very little while I exercised.

I passed out and ended up in hospital.

MAKE SURE YOU STILL EAT A DECENT AMOUNT OF CALORIES. it's the balance of food and exercise that does it.

I know you've set a goal but don't push it. I'll leave others to suggest a routine and diet.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:44 am

Gotta be the Atkins diet

Ive just started two days in and i feel ok --
Havnt weighed myself yet but early days.

Ive had pork eggs meatballs burgers and bacon --loverly grub --not missed the bread and spuds yet
I hope to lose at least a stone in 4 weeks.

Been out for a run and it was murder my chest was exploding --back out tonight

Some great replies and help from my thread earlier

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50917

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:57 am

samdm94 wrote:so i have to lose 2 stone in 6 weeks.

any one here ever done this ?
tips ? (what should i eat, when should i go running..morning,night etc..what shouldnt i eat..)

any help will be very useful :ayatollah:

Well, I lost a stone and half in 6 weeks so if you push yourself slightly harder than i did you might just about make it.

Eat 1200 calories per day.

Do at least 30 mins cardio every day on treadmill, power walking with 1 minute sprints in between.

Do weights every other day as it keeps your metabolism up for longer.

Make sure you have breakfast.

Stay away from sugary foods.

Only drink water, OJ in the morning for an energy burst and 1 pint of green milk per day.

No fried foods.

Don't eat chips or too much pasta.

good luck.

Basically, cut out the rubbish and have 300 calories per meal or roughly 300 calories 3 times per day.

in between each meal have a 100 calories protein shake. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:59 am

Mafor wrote:Gotta be the Atkins diet

Ive just started two days in and i feel ok --
Havnt weighed myself yet but early days.

Ive had pork eggs meatballs burgers and bacon --loverly grub --not missed the bread and spuds yet
I hope to lose at least a stone in 4 weeks.

Been out for a run and it was murder my chest was exploding --back out tonight

Some great replies and help from my thread earlier

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50917

how the f**k does that make you lose weight? :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:16 pm

http://my-big-fat-diet.co.uk/2010/07/18 ... uest-post/ lost a stone in a week on this its tough but stick by it and it does work :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:28 pm

to lose weight and keep it off i'd personally eat a small meal every 3 hours throughout the day to keep metabolism going aswell as only eating wholeweat/wholegrain as your carbs ie brown bread, wholewheat pasta. also go for a run upon waking up, before breakfast every morning or every other morning.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:12 pm

i lost a 1 and 1/2 stone pre cricket season after a long winter of football trips and booze.

basically all i did was 15 mins running every morning, and as many sit ups as i could be arsed to do, and a bit of boxing.(all done in 30mins and made me feel good for rest of day.

breaky - fruit and a yogurt.

lunch, instead of me eating shit and raiding the venders in work, i took in a chicken salad, or some sort of salad/meat wrap.

evening meal - veg with something, i had noodes, chinease type foods occasionly. just cut out chips and chocalate and fizzy shite.

dont go over the top and make yourself ill though, plenty of fruit.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:56 pm

As a guide average bloke has a metabolic rate of say 2800 calories a day based on size weight etc. This is what you need to put in to stay at the same weight.

To lose a stone you need a 49,000 calorie deficit or in your case 96,000.

Quite simple put in less than you need and you lose weight.

So say you budget and consume 1500 calories a day burn that off say 1000 in training. A 60-80mins on an exercise bike or on a treadmill should do it.

500 calories consumed - 2800 what you need the deficit is 2300.

After 42 days (42 x 2300) your deficit would be 96,600 bingo you've lost 2 stone.

Bottom line eat as little as possible and exercise as much as you can and you can do it.

Hope that helps :ayatollah: