Re: " PUTTING RIVALRY ASIDE "

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:26 am

RIP fella only small minded people act like that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:59 am

R.I.P :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:51 am

When people mention the Jacks to me it brings hate, and respect, to my mind in the same sentence.

Just remember people that the Jacks are just another version of the Bluebirds, and vice versa. We are all from the same area of the UK, same mentality, same tough upbringing, same passion, just different shirts.

Football is football and we all live it with a passion, both Bluebirds and Jacks. Nobody should die at such a young age and football is nothing in comparison with life.

All our hearts go out to the family, even I suspect, the gobby little shites who say things just to make themselves look big (In their eyes).

Rest In Peace and good luck to Leigh's family, and full respect for being big enough to post as you did.

:ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:10 am

[quote="Keli"]When people mention the Jacks to me it brings hate, and respect, to my mind in the same sentence.

Just remember people that the Jacks are just another version of the Bluebirds, and vice versa. We are all from the same area of the UK, same mentality, same tough upbringing, same passion, just different shirts.

Football is football and we all live it with a passion, both Bluebirds and Jacks. Nobody should die at such a young age and football is nothing in comparison with life.

All our hearts go out to the family, even I suspect, the gobby little shites who say things just to make themselves look big (In their eyes).

Rest In Peace and good luck to Leigh's family, and full respect for being big enough to post as you did.

:ayatollah:[/quote

I would like to thank Andrew for such a dignified letter to our forum, as you can see by the replys, the good people of this board far out weigh the (small minded).
As for rivalries, i consider some JACKS as my closest friends, although that gets put on the back burner on a saturday afternoon. I feel your sorrow mate.
RIP Leigh :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:45 am

Makes rivalry, football and everything else totally irrelevant, R.I.P and condolences to the family.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:Today I had this email sent to me from the Lewis family :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hello, my name is Andrew Lewis and I am the brother of the Swansea City fan Leigh Lewis who lost his life in a road accident in the townhill area of Swansea late on Thursday 16th June. As you can understand no amount of kind messages and support will ever bring back Leigh but it does bring comfort to my mother and all of the family. It was only by chance that I managed to stumble upon this forum discussing my brothers death. For me and my family to say that we were shocked is an understatement. The kind messages posted on the forum have been a great comfort to all of us and it shows that even the rivalry between the two clubs can be put to one side when a life is lost. Understandably, due to the rivalry there have been some inappropriate comments posted on the forum and we are very grateful for there removal. If it is at all possible please can you pass on our sincere thanks to all who posted their condolences as this forum has been a great comfort to all the family especially my mother.

Many Thanks

Andrew Lewis

Firstly thanks should go to Andrew Lewis for taking the time to actually write this email in the deepest hours of pain for his family at the very sad loss of his brother.

Whilst reading though many of the decent messages brings warmth to heart and automtaically overides the small few from the idiots and very small minded who still struggle to understand that Football is no where near more important than life and that should never over spill , the problem though is today that those small minded individuals have easy access to tools like the internet where they can post anomonous messages thinking they are funny without any thought to the poor family who have just lost one of their own family at such a sad age . I admire with great dignity Leigh Lewis and his love for his football Club , a true fan and I hope he can enjoy his beloved Swans in the Premier League from above and may he rest in peace and sincere condolences to all the Lewis family - as a Priest once told me arranging a young ones funeral " what are you upset about ? - your the poor sods who have to stay down here !" Leigh Lewis RIP - true fan.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:53 pm

Wow,only just come across this.What a fantastic thread,just like the original one was in respect to the lad.

Annis,I thank you immensely kind sir :clap:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:09 pm

blackswan wrote:Wow,only just come across this.What a fantastic thread,just like the original one was in respect to the lad.

Blackswan
There is no shortage of compassion here, as you can see, i,m just glad of the reaction and respect shown "WELL DONE THE CITY.

That pic of your house in your avatar?? where abouts is that? i live in Neath and work in swansea, sure ive passed the bugger a few times!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:15 pm

Awesome thread this.

I would like to thank Andrew for his e-mail to Annis. To recognise messages of condolences in your hour of despear is brave but to return a compliment to those that you least expected such messages is wonderful. When I hear some of the confrontation between two rival set of supporters it can sometimes make you cringe. So to see one side sending such meassages of comfort and the other side accepting them does restore confidence.

I'm very proud of my fellow Bluebird supports who have sent these messages and just as much please the response from Andrew. I hope Andrews family recover from this sad period as I'm sure they will with the support they are getting from both sets of fans.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:40 pm

blackswan wrote:Wow,only just come across this.What a fantastic thread,just like the original one was in respect to the lad.

Football is just game, a humans life is without question much much more important and myself and many others on here genuinely feel for his family :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:04 pm

its nice that the lewis family have seen that cardiff fans are not the scum that many jacks make out.

RIP Leigh.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:05 pm

We all say we hate swansea and wish for them to lose or get relegated but for a fellow football supporter to lose a life is sad certainly 1 so young our thoughts are with the Lewis family at this difficult time

What a nice message from Andrew lewis who must be feeling a lot of pain at present and to find time in such a difficult time is respectable and I deeply hope the pain gets better in time for Andrew and his mother.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:09 pm

respect goes to all the bluebirds that posted messages here,credit to all of you fairplay.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi Annis,

I am regularly checking the thread and the response can only be described as phenomenal. A lot of respect goes out to all who have posted from myself and my family.

Many Thanks

Andrew Lewis

Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:25 pm

RIP Leigh Lewis :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:14 pm

Condolenses to the family, R.I.P Leigh :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:34 am

Fair play to all of you - :ayatollah: respect

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:38 am

colours wrote:Fair play to all of you - :ayatollah: respect

Well said mate, we all have to rise above football rivalry's when a tragedy like this happens, condolences to the family of Leigh..

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:39 am

Fantastic to see genuine responses to this thread, to foster greater rapport with our cousins down West would be good if someone was to arrange a football match with any proceeds going to the Lewis family and generate good PR for both clubs. Condolences to the family

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:41 am

Taffs Well Blue wrote:Fantastic to see genuine responses to this thread, to foster greater rapport with our cousins down West would be good if someone was to arrange a football match with any proceeds going to the Lewis family and generate good PR for both clubs. Condolences to the family

That's a great idea :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:11 am

blue nile wrote:
Taffs Well Blue wrote:Fantastic to see genuine responses to this thread, to foster greater rapport with our cousins down West would be good if someone was to arrange a football match with any proceeds going to the Lewis family and generate good PR for both clubs. Condolences to the family

That's a great idea :ayatollah:

I'll get my boots back out from retirement. ;)

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:42 am

Warrior wrote:

great idea come on Annis/Carl arrange it :ayatollah:

I've got contacts in Swansea could raise a few bob

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Heartfelt sympathies to the Lewis family.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:52 pm

RIP .. one of the best :cry:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:45 pm

I'm very sorry for your loss & from a QPR fan I would like to send my condolences to you & your family. I hope you find some comfort in places like this.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:57 pm

I think all us cardiff fans who have posted on this thread should be proud of ourselves,life is precious football is only a game.And fair play to all the jack fans who have come on here to thank us city fans :ayatollah: Respect and all the best to this young mans family

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:50 pm

My thoughts and sympathy go to the family. Rest in peace fellow football fan :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:45 am

RIP M8 MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH ALL THE FAMILY RIGHT NOW AT THIS SAD TIME...

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:37 pm

Sadly a lot of footie fans are so blinkerd when it comes to their team that they say things and think things that they should not,in time as they become more mature they will reflect, and think what an idiot I was, for if you are luck enough to go through life and no member of your family is taken prematurly from you, consider yourselves lucky; only when bad news, or a tragedy comes knocking on their door, do you realise that the life of your loved ones far excedes football.
R.I.P from Maesteg bluebirds