Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " PUTTING RIVALRY ASIDE "

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Today I had this email sent to me from the Lewis family :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hello, my name is Andrew Lewis and I am the brother of the Swansea City fan Leigh Lewis who lost his life in a road accident in the townhill area of Swansea late on Thursday 16th June. As you can understand no amount of kind messages and support will ever bring back Leigh but it does bring comfort to my mother and all of the family. It was only by chance that I managed to stumble upon this forum discussing my brothers death. For me and my family to say that we were shocked is an understatement. The kind messages posted on the forum have been a great comfort to all of us and it shows that even the rivalry between the two clubs can be put to one side when a life is lost. Understandably, due to the rivalry there have been some inappropriate comments posted on the forum and we are very grateful for there removal. If it is at all possible please can you pass on our sincere thanks to all who posted their condolences as this forum has been a great comfort to all the family especially my mother.

Many Thanks

Andrew Lewis

It makes no difference what club they support, they seem a nice family who have suffered the loss of Leigh. I wish them well and my thoughts are with them at this difficult time.

Anyone who had posted abuse on the said thread should be named & shamed and never be able to participate on this forum again, at the end of the day its just football in comparison to this loss.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:35 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:38 pm

Very sad when someone so young dies, may he rest in peace, deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:41 pm

i'm glad he seen the jacks go up.
R.I.P Leigh :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Today I had this email sent to me from the Lewis family :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hello, my name is Andrew Lewis and I am the brother of the Swansea City fan Leigh Lewis who lost his life in a road accident in the townhill area of Swansea late on Thursday 16th June. As you can understand no amount of kind messages and support will ever bring back Leigh but it does bring comfort to my mother and all of the family. It was only by chance that I managed to stumble upon this forum discussing my brothers death. For me and my family to say that we were shocked is an understatement. The kind messages posted on the forum have been a great comfort to all of us and it shows that even the rivalry between the two clubs can be put to one side when a life is lost. Understandably, due to the rivalry there have been some inappropriate comments posted on the forum and we are very grateful for there removal. If it is at all possible please can you pass on our sincere thanks to all who posted their condolences as this forum has been a great comfort to all the family especially my mother.

Many Thanks

Andrew Lewis

rip leigh lewis from trelewis blues

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Rest in peace. :cry:

The responses on this thread are truly heart-warming and are most appreciated. Thanks to one and all.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:52 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Only dick heads would post rude and disgusting things

There's not representative of Cardiff fans at all though mate, not even the "aggressive types" nor were the people who torn down the memorial to the young Swans fan from Aberdare who passed away aged 17, this is just a reflection of 2011 Britain.

There are more and more of these anti-social scum by the day and it's sad to see.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Many Thanks

Andrew Lewis

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i think it is disgusting that people post horrible things to a death.. Have some respect, it could be your family one day.

RIP LEIGH

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:29 pm

R.I.P No age to die. Condolences to all the family. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:29 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: BEST WISHES TO THE FAMILY

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:40 pm

R.I.P :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:45 pm

I just looked and 57 City fans posted including myself on the original thread,

Such a tragedy to lose a life when so young!!!!!!!!
Glad that so many of us posted.

RIP Leigh.
True Jack

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:51 pm

I know a few Swansea fans and at the end of the day, they're just like us, proud and passionate about their own club. It's always sad to see a fellow fan lose their life especially so young, and it's also a shame Leigh didn't get the chance to see his beloved side play in the Premiership.

My thoughts are with the family at this terrible time.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:02 pm

RIP LEIGH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:03 pm

I don't hate any Swansea fans. I love the banter, I love winding them up as it's all part of the south Wales derby.

I know Swansea fans who are a laugh and good people.

life is more than football and anyone with a heart would see that. Don't get me wrong, I love football but if it never existed we'd be doing something else instead.

RIP and hope you all get through these tough times. It's horrible for any family to deal with, regardless of what team they support.

it's times like this when you set rivalry and banter aside and come together as people just as liverpool and everton did with Rhys Jones, otherwise we'll have more teams going to the ridiculous extremities of the Celtic/Rangers derby. If the Cardiff/Swansea ever got as bad as that I'd distance myself from the club and that's the truth. I'd be done with football altogether.

Some people really need to grow up when things like this happen because of the pain you can inflict on those affected.

whether you like it or not, football is just a game, a beautiful game it maybe, but life is much much more important.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Many Thanks

Andrew Lewis

annis,no amount of rivalary can make a death of a supporter good news,my thoughts to his family :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:26 pm

RIP to all your family and freinds keep your chins up through difficult times, i worked in swansea for 23 years delivering to pubs clubs and off licences the people of swansea are no different to any other people in wales salt of the earth its only morons who think otherwise good luck and keep the faith :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:31 pm

rip leigh sure you will support your team from above :( :(

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Nice one lads.

RIP Fella.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:40 pm

R.I.P.

Thoughts with the family.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:10 pm

sorry for your loss andrew.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:33 pm

at sad times like this human nature prevails r i p . our thoughts are with u an ur family at this sad time . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Sad times R.I.P fellow football fan :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:52 pm

sad news R I P fella :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Many Thanks

Andrew Lewis

You know what Andrew?
Nobody expected you to post such a heartfelt message back to this Forum mate and that shows what a kind and compassionate fella you are and with your mothers' feelings uppermost in your thoughts.
Let me tell you...it's an absolute pleasure to send my regards to you and your family especially your mother.
Take care mate.
R.I.P. Leigh Lewis

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:16 pm

that was one hell of a letter to write by leighs brother. my thoughts go out to him and his family at what must be an awful time .... and annis if it is true that there were negative comments posted then please please please ban those people from this forum because people like that are the lowest of the low and dont belong on this messageboard!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Very sad to lose a loved one, just stay strong and remember the good times you had together.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:20 pm

AHERNE wrote:that was one hell of a letter to write by leighs brother. my thoughts go out to him and his family at what must be an awful time .... and annis if it is true that there were negative comments posted then please please please ban those people from this forum because people like that are the lowest of the low and dont belong on this messageboard!

I agree with this.

Not the sort of people I want to debate with on a forum.

Again, RIP Leigh. My thoughts are with the family.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:24 pm

Our thoughts and sympathy with the family.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:20 pm

Read about Leigh's death in the Western Mail. I was greatly saddened to hear of the death of a true football fan. Sincere condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.