Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" PUTTING RIVALRY ASIDE "

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:11 am

Today I had this email sent to me from the Lewis family :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hello, my name is Andrew Lewis and I am the brother of the Swansea City fan Leigh Lewis who lost his life in a road accident in the townhill area of Swansea late on Thursday 16th June. As you can understand no amount of kind messages and support will ever bring back Leigh but it does bring comfort to my mother and all of the family. It was only by chance that I managed to stumble upon this forum discussing my brothers death. For me and my family to say that we were shocked is an understatement. The kind messages posted on the forum have been a great comfort to all of us and it shows that even the rivalry between the two clubs can be put to one side when a life is lost. Understandably, due to the rivalry there have been some inappropriate comments posted on the forum and we are very grateful for there removal. If it is at all possible please can you pass on our sincere thanks to all who posted their condolences as this forum has been a great comfort to all the family especially my mother.

Many Thanks

Andrew Lewis

Re: " PUTTING RIVALRY ASIDE "

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:12 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:12 am

Only dick heads would post rude and disgusting things

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:14 am

I wish the family all the best for the future :ayatollah:

Really puts football into perspective :(

RIP Leigh Lewis

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:15 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:15 am

RIP :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:16 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

r.i.p

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:16 am

CardiffLAD wrote:I wish the family all the best for the future :ayatollah:

Really puts football into perspective :(

RIP Leigh Lewis

spot on puts football perspective

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:19 am

Took some guts writing a letter like that to strangers.

There are always going to be sad bastards who write cruel
things, kids will be kids as they say. But for anyone who did...

Now you know the fellers family read them too

Be proud, very proud!!..... IDIOTS!!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:20 am

r.i.p :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:23 am

Condolences to all the Family has i said previously we are all football fans passionately supporting a Welsh football team all be it different sides.

RIP Leigh

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:24 am

Once again condolences to your family.
Cant begin to imagine what your going through, im sure we all appreciate you taking the time to post.
RIP :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:26 am

RIP Leigh Lewis ,, and many condolensces to all the Lewis Family. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:27 am

Annis we are only Human and i would not wish what happened to that Family to happen to any one. After all we are only Football supporters and rivalry is rivalry. RIP :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:29 am

Good Email!, it's the old cliché about it into perspective, but more so for rivals, RIP! football should never come into the equation! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:32 am

RIP :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:33 am

RIP fellow football fan.

Deepest condolences to your family.

Swansea? Cardiff ? Forget the tribal stuff, somethings are far far more important.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:34 am

whoever writes rude messages doesnt deserve a place on this forum
r.i.p

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:42 am

It is very sad when someone loses a love one Football rivalry is great when it's left In the football ground and thank god that the vast majority of us are all still human and feel for your sorrow.Posters who make stupid comment are not welcome on this site This site is for football fans and not idiots

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:53 am

:ayatollah: R.I.P :ayatollah:

Sorry to hear your news

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:58 am

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Everyone thinks we are scum and we have some bad write ups by fans of other teams around the numerous stuff on the web. Good for you to post this genuine letter up as the lads who made decent comments following the tragedy were saying it for mostly all of us.

Proud to be a City fan and the scraps and scrapes have been part of it! - but life is short and its humbling when the swords are laid down and respect is given

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:28 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Very nice to see, I hate the jacks more than most but a man has died at the end of the day and that transcends any footballing rivalry. RIP

:ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:33 pm

rip leigh a true swansea jack

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:34 pm

So sorry for your loss Andrew - keep strong and always remember Leigh will be in your heart forever as well as the rest of your family. Good luck for the future and keep your chin up.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:38 pm

RIP

True football fan rivarly shouldnt even come into this :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:42 pm

Proper order! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Hate the Jacks with Passion BUT RIP LEIGH

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:51 pm

Rip Leigh!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:24 pm

I dont hate any jacks,i personally know quite alot of them through work,in fact i like them,i enjoy the banter etc,it only becomes rivalry when we play them,sorry to hear of your sad loss,my thoughts are with the Lewis family :ayatollah: