Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Those that wanted Houghtot or Matteo

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:21 am

Are you warming to Malky or do you still think we made a mistake. I wanted Houghton but I am really warming to Malky and am feeling really excited about this young man. I am now beginning to think his appointment was spot on and am glad we didn't get Shearer.

Re: Those that wanted Houghtot or Matteo

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:24 am

i wanted di matteo but malky has won me over already! glad we chose malky tbh! could be our guy!!

IN MALKY WE TRUST :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:25 am

Houghton was the one i wanted but mm starting to get things done. he was chosen for a reason so ill get behind him and support him :ayatollah:
take us to the prem mm

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:25 am

Mackay's a top young manager and I think you coming in the top 2 this season is inevitable. If I was a Bluebird I'd expect a top 2 finish.

Shearer is just a footballer trying to live off his reputation. He'd be a bit Dave Jones esque in his approach. I.e Not motivated at all. The bloke hadn't even heard of the fact they'd (Newcastle) signed Ben Afra remember, a bloke who's supposedly Newcastle through & through. :lol:

Dodged a bullet on the Shearer front tbh.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 am

SCFC10 wrote:Mackay's a top young manager and I think you coming in the top 2 this season is inevitable. If I was a Bluebird I'd expect a top 2 finish.

Shearer is just a footballer trying to live off his reputation. He'd be a bit Dave Jones esque in his approach. I.e Not motivated at all. The bloke hadn't even heard of the fact they'd (Newcastle) signed Ben Afra remember, a bloke who's supposedly Newcastle through & through. :lol:

couldnt agree more with that

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:29 am

I wanted Houghton, but am very happy with Malky, and am willing to give him every chance to succeed. Would have been gutted if we'd gone for Shearer though.

MM do the :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:29 am

I wanted Di Matteo originally but a big part of that was probably the Eddie Newton connection, partly because he was an ex-loan player who understands the Cardiff City fans passion (esp. after being carried off by fans in his last game of his shortish stay) probably partly sentimental.

However, I am buzzing that we got Malky because I remember being impressed with Watford's never say die attitude when we beat them down here. Game could've finished 8-8. Don't know what that says about defence but I think we are in for some wild rides. :)

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:30 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:i wanted di matteo but malky has won me over already! glad we chose malky tbh! could be our guy!!

IN MALKY WE TRUST :ayatollah:

This :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:39 am

Mackay's a top young manager and I think you coming in the top 2 this season is inevitable. If I was a Bluebird I'd expect a top 2 finish.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:48 am

Errrm ... Echo ... :oops:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:58 am

I wanted hughton at first but i guess he would have been a bit too laid back mackay looks more hands on im happy with mackay tbh best manager we budgeted for and were all glad it wasnt shearer

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:04 am

Hughton's overrated. He took a squad of (proper, I.e not Welsh) internationals to the Championship title? Big deal.

In what was IMO a weak division, weaker than last season despite the fact everyone claims "this year the league is weaker than ever" but that happens every season.

The fact we very nearly made the play-off's under a manager who makes Dave Jones appear tactically astute says it all about the quality of the league that season tbh.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:12 am

I wanted De Matteo but Malky won me over straight away a real fans manager and so different to the last one.

I'm really looking forward to the new season and the new brand of football we can expect from a young manager with a growing reputation who I believe will fill our team with players who will play for the shirt.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:50 am

SCFC10 wrote:Mackay's a top young manager and I think you coming in the top 2 this season is inevitable. If I was a Bluebird I'd expect a top 2 finish.

agree with most of it but a top 2 is not a given this season. it was last season and we fucked that right up. this season, top 6 id be very happy as it will be a new side pretty much. top 2 would be a bonus but there are a fair few teams who will be going for that spot also.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:53 am

To be honest what do i want this season ? A feel good factor, some good football, Pride and passion and i will be as happy as Pig in Shit.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:08 pm

I wanted Hughton myself, but Malky has really impressed me with his open-ness in interviews and his desire to succeed (as seen by signing Craig Conway within a week of getting here). :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:24 pm

I have to admit wanted hughton but i'm a little glad we hadn't got him to be honest..

Seeing his press conference yesterday certainly did not fulfil me with any confidence if i was a brummie...It's the way he said 'its a tough division' after being asked about getting back to the premiership. He knows he's in for the chop if he doesn't succeed...So can he handle the pressure ...we'll see..

I was thinking a top half finish in MM's first season would be fine as he's got to buy/gel alot of new faces aswell as getting the existing players to play into his style and make them into a good championship side....

But in this championship there are so many new managers having to do the same SO i'm a little more optomistic of reaching the play-offs in MM's first season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: