Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ROUTLEDGE IS AVAILABLE

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:43 am

Paul Warburton/Fulham Chronicle - QPR pull out of Routledge deal
-QPR last night abandoned plans to sign £1.5million Wayne Routledge on a permanent basis.
-It appears Hoops will now be forced to spend the £12 million budget for new faces on shoring up other parts of the squad instead.
- The winger himself left a message on his Twitter account this week he expects to start pre-season training with parent club Newcastle at the beginning of July – and Rangers are reluctantly pulling the plug on a player who gave them the final impetus in the Championship when he signed on-loan in January.
- Routledge made 20 appearances and hit five crucial goals – including a late match-winner at Reading on February 4 when Rs were down to 10 men.
- However, the former Tottenham and Fulham player’s second spell at Loftus Road, following his sale to the Magpies in January 2010, only came about after Jamie Mackie suffered horrific cruciate damage in the FA Cup at the beginning of this January.
- Mackie is on course for a return to action in August, leaving Routledge no option but a return to St James Park.
- The south Londoner was the first man on boss Neil Warnock’s list for Rangers’ return to the Premiership.
- But after the treble disappointments of losing strikers Danny Graham and Steve Morrison to other clubs as well as being priced out of a bid for Peterborough’s Craig Mackail-Smith, the manager is clearly keeping his wallet closed until he can nail down a quality forward.
- An Rs insider admitted: "It’s a question of budget and priorities." Chronicle

Surely worth a conversation with him!

Re: ROUTLEDGE IS AVAILABLE

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:49 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Paul Warburton/Fulham Chronicle - QPR pull out of Routledge deal
-QPR last night abandoned plans to sign £1.5million Wayne Routledge on a permanent basis.
-It appears Hoops will now be forced to spend the £12 million budget for new faces on shoring up other parts of the squad instead.
- The winger himself left a message on his Twitter account this week he expects to start pre-season training with parent club Newcastle at the beginning of July – and Rangers are reluctantly pulling the plug on a player who gave them the final impetus in the Championship when he signed on-loan in January.
- Routledge made 20 appearances and hit five crucial goals – including a late match-winner at Reading on February 4 when Rs were down to 10 men.
- However, the former Tottenham and Fulham player’s second spell at Loftus Road, following his sale to the Magpies in January 2010, only came about after Jamie Mackie suffered horrific cruciate damage in the FA Cup at the beginning of this January.
- Mackie is on course for a return to action in August, leaving Routledge no option but a return to St James Park.
- The south Londoner was the first man on boss Neil Warnock’s list for Rangers’ return to the Premiership.
- But after the treble disappointments of losing strikers Danny Graham and Steve Morrison to other clubs as well as being priced out of a bid for Peterborough’s Craig Mackail-Smith, the manager is clearly keeping his wallet closed until he can nail down a quality forward.
- An Rs insider admitted: "It’s a question of budget and priorities." Chronicle

Surely worth a conversation with him!

I would definately take him, he is class in this division, maybe a winger is not our highest priority right now !!!
Last edited by Bluebina on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:49 am

Conway on the left, Routledge on the right. Pace and skill. Go get him Malky :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:50 am

Guess weel have to think of a new conway chant...

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:53 am

Probably down to money again - you know what he's like :lol:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:00 am

He plays on the left, he plays on the right, that boy Routledge makes Chris Burke look shite..... :lol:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:03 am

I know this might be blasphemy but if we had Conway and Routledge. Would we need Bellamy? His wages could go much further than just paying Routledge. We could get a couple of £15k players for Bellamy's wages.

Think I'd rather Bellers.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:04 am

Sign him up malky

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:10 am

Wayne S wrote:I know this might be blasphemy but if we had Conway and Routledge. Would we need Bellamy? His wages could go much further than just paying Routledge. We could get a couple of £15k players for Bellamy's wages.

we could get both maybe! we still have no idea what type of wage cut bellamy is willing to have. it could £30,000, £15.000 £10.000 or even just bounuses
good days ahead :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:11 am

I would have him, as previously stated conway and routledge would be awesome wingers ... would we keep whitts though? i'm not overly fussed on him as CM!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:17 am

math_robz878 wrote:I would have him, as previously stated conway and routledge would be awesome wingers ... would we keep whitts though? i'm not overly fussed on him as CM!

i would keep whit. the season before last he was outstanding in a free role. maybe we could play a formation like qpr

tom heaton
super kevin mark hudson anthony gerrard new player

new player new player

conway whits/bellamy wayne r

new player

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:20 am

Go get him :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:24 am

99% of us would love him but dear me he would cost us. he is gonna be atleast £1mill and then ask between 10-15k IMO. yes we need one more winger and bellamy and a big striker with earnie then 2 cm's

haha can we realy afford him, maybe wait a few weeks and see if he is still available

ps much rather mcanuff to routledge

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:34 am

Wayne S wrote:I know this might be blasphemy but if we had Conway and Routledge. Would we need Bellamy? His wages could go much further than just paying Routledge. We could get a couple of £15k players for Bellamy's wages.

All 3 would be great. You need more than 2 wingers for the season...besides which Bellamy can play as a striker.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:36 am

jezzy666 wrote:99% of us would love him but dear me he would cost us. he is gonna be atleast £1mill and then ask between 10-15k IMO. yes we need one more winger and bellamy and a big striker with earnie then 2 cm's

haha can we realy afford him, maybe wait a few weeks and see if he is still available

ps much rather mcanuff to routledge

That is crazy. Routledge was and is so much better than McAnuff.

If money was no consideration I would have Routledge any day of the week.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:39 am

math_robz878 wrote:I would have him, as previously stated conway and routledge would be awesome wingers ... would we keep whitts though? i'm not overly fussed on him as CM!

get rid of whitts one good season in how many? :roll:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Im sure i read somwhere that he said he didn't enjoy his time at Cardiff annd he didn't want to come back.
I'll try and find it for you guys :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:21 pm

--------------------------GK----------------------------------------

---------GERRARD----KEINAN-----MCNAUGHTON---------------

ROUTLEDGE------CM------CM----------BELLAMY------CONWAY

---------------EARNSHAW-------GOODWILLIE--------------------

I would like to play something like the above.

Dont need 4 defenders cos Im hoping were are going to do more attacking next year.

I would put Conway & Routledge on the wings (for Speed). This would allow Bellamy to play on an "Inside left" to give him a little bit of a breather when necessary. From this position he could either support Conway of find himself being a 3rd Striker.

I have 2 blank x CM

The one in the middle needs to be a "Stopper". Someone who can hold the position. A bit of an Enforcer. Someone like "Oli" but stronger.

Thoughts???

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:44 pm

3 at the back even if we do go full out attack dont think this would happen. what wrong with heaton?
good thinking though

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:33 pm

pay whatever to get him

surely we learnt last season he is worth it and he proved his point numerous times

we need a winger like him

could possibly play Whitts in a free role behind Bellamy or on the bench if goodwillie or earnshaw signs

I think if we sign routledge it'll be a bargain as if we go up the owners cash in big time plus we won't need to buy a winger in the prem as he can cope up their too.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:34 pm

pay whatever to get him

surely we learnt last season he is worth it and he proved his point numerous times

we need a winger like him

could possibly play Whitts in a free role behind Bellamy or on the bench if goodwillie or earnshaw signs

I think if we sign routledge it'll be a bargain as if we go up the owners cash in big time plus we won't need to buy a winger in the prem as he can cope up their too.