Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Where would you love to live apart from Wales?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:42 pm

Always thought one day I'd move out of Wales for a while just don't know where.

Re: Where would you love to live apart from Wales?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:42 pm

America, where I can have a gun and see to justice in my own way.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:America, where I can have a gun and see to justice in my own way.

That's if they don't shoot you first.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Devon.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Midfield general wrote:Lived in Australia, Veitnam, Thailand and London in the past but I wouldn't mind a holiday home in Florida

Which part of Thailand did you live? How long for?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:50 pm

What's everyones reasons for picking these places?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:59 pm

i live in tredegar but if i had the money i`d move to cardiff tbh! .... and not because of the football but because i love the place! ... id move there now if i could but i work in tredegar and my son lives in rhymney, so its not really possible! .... but if i won a few hundred thousand i`d be there like a shot!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:00 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:America, where I can have a gun and see to justice in my own way.

That's if they don't shoot you first.

Barrett .50 cal ;)

I'll shoot and score from distance, like Whitts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:02 pm

I now live in Merseyside, but still close enough to the border to pick up Welsh news....home from home. lol.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Midfield general wrote:
harold pinta wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Lived in Australia, Veitnam, Thailand and London in the past but I wouldn't mind a holiday home in Florida

Which part of Thailand did you live? How long for?

All over really but mainly based myself in Bangkok

Great country, spent a few months around SE Asia, starting in Saigon heading North through Vietnam Laos and into Northern Thailand. The islands etc in the South were my favourite especaily Ko Chang, Samet and Railay Beach area.

God I'd love to be there now.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Scott88 wrote:What's everyones reasons for picking these places?

1. more job opportunities for what I am going to study
2. cheaper cost of living
3. cheaper property and easier to get onto the property market
4. life sentence means life
5. I can defend myself and my family in my own home without fear of going prison
6. american girls love british accents
7. I can buy a mustang without having to import it and get ripped off by customs who want to rinse my pocket like everything else in Britain
8. I can hit a strip club on a 9 to 5 and get a dance on the cheap and go home to the missus for a sesh
9. I can buy myself a desert eagle and get it gold plated
10. in san francisco kush is legal and i can grow it for extra cash whilst relaxing and enjoying the good life

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:
Scott88 wrote:What's everyones reasons for picking these places?

1. more job opportunities for what I am going to study
2. cheaper cost of living
3. cheaper property and easier to get onto the property market
4. life sentence means life
5. I can defend myself and my family in my own home without fear of going prison
6. american girls love british accents
7. I can buy a mustang without having to import it and get ripped off by customs who want to rinse my pocket like everything else in Britain
8. I can hit a strip club on a 9 to 5 and get a dance on the cheap and go home to the missus for a sesh
9. I can buy myself a desert eagle and get it gold plated
10. in san francisco kush is legal and i can grow it for extra cash whilst relaxing and enjoying the good life

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

On the other side, no health service, a murder rate 5 times higher than UK, one of the worlds highest obesity rates, 9% unemployment, ignorance of anything that goes on outside of America, and (except HBO) terrible, terrible tv

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:52 pm

las vegas, manhattan or florida! :D
:ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:11 am

harold pinta wrote:
On the other side, no health service, a murder rate 5 times higher than UK, one of the worlds highest obesity rates, 9% unemployment, ignorance of anything that goes on outside of America, and (except HBO) terrible, terrible tv

Health service - luck of the draw. some jobs you get covered as well.

Murder rate higher - no its not. The UK's murder rate in correlation to population is much higher than the USA and in all cases off violent crime its higher than the USA. Obviously the USA's overall figures are going to be higher because its a larger country with more people but when you divide the number of crimes per person their figures are actually lower.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... -europe.do

statistics: http://wheelgun.blogspot.com/2009/07/pe ... -true.html

high obesity rate - welcome to Britain. Its completely down to the individual and their lifestyle, not the country. Loads of americans are fit as well. Stop watching channel 4 documentaries. im fat and im from britain but lets blame america for that shall we? :lol:

9% unemployment - 20% for youngsters here as well as graduates struggling to get jobs and jobs being outsourced over to the far east in the sector i want to work in. America's industry in that sector is growing with companies taking on staff left, right and centre. its also cheaper to set up, run and maintain your own business.

TV - exactly the same as here to be honest. Biased BBC drivel which was evident during the student protests.

'the violent thugs are attacking the police'

when in reality it was

'the police are attacking students trying to go to the toilet with batons and charging at them with horses inciting a riot'

We all know what the police, especially the MET can be like. We've all seen them at football games. Any time they have a chance to get a dig in they will and take full advantage of it. The idiots causing most of the problems weren't students but were gangs taking full advantage of the occasion to pickpocket people and so on. Yes the odd student did cause an issue like that kid with a fire extinguisher but thats only because the police basically incited a riot by charging at them with horses and provoked them.

The only news channel that told it as it was, was Russia Today who were horrified by the actions of the police during the protests.

I've had a guts full of most of this country and can't wait to eventually move abroad. The construction industry is on its knees, work is being outsourced all over the world, immigrants are being let in in their droves, human rights this, human rights that, what about the human rights of the victims? the country is going backwards and is becoming more and more of a dictatorship every day. Ripped off for petrol which puts a strain on work, ripped off for everything else. What a farce. Three things keeping me here at the moment

1) education
2) cardiff city fc
3) my family

once education is done, Im moving abroad and I can see the other 2 as and when I please. My mind is mate up with this dive.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 am

Retired some 15 years ago have lived here in Thailand since 1996 near to Pattaya.
Just joined this forum and its great to be able to keep up to date on what is happening.
Originally from Llandaff North.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:29 am

tonyinthai wrote:Retired some 15 years ago have lived here in Thailand since 1996 near to Pattaya.
Just joined this forum and its great to be able to keep up to date on what is happening.

welcome aboard mate. :ayatollah:

you sure you're not banged up in Bangkok? :lol: :lol:

I dont blame you for leaving to be honest. Hope you've enjoyed yourself there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:36 am

tonyinthai wrote:Retired some 15 years ago have lived here in Thailand since 1996 near to Pattaya.

Welcome fella ....... were you a singer before you retired? :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:04 am

somewhere warm and quiet,but with a city not to far away,maybe australia :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:15 am

i wouldnt move out of the valleys but would have a holiday home somewhere

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:51 am

Midfield general wrote:

:lol: Pattaya!!!! What a crazy town!!!

Yes it sure is quite different from Llandaff

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:13 am

New York. New York ,been there 3 times & love it.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:25 am

hull, apparently

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:33 am

Manchester or Berlin

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:03 am

Australia.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:07 am

Lanzarote

all year round sunshine Fags 2.0 a packet and Beer 1 pound a pint

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:10 am

Mafor wrote:Lanzarote

all year round sunshine Fags 2.0 a packet and Beer 1 pound a pint

Good shout, actually. :mrgreen:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:15 am

Florida or South Africa!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:22 am

math_robz878 wrote:Florida or South Africa!

South Africa's a bit mental, innit? Some right wackos going round the streets. Bit like Mountain Ash. :lol: