Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

striker links great , what about midfielders

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:24 pm

it seems we are linked with many strikers at the moment, earnie, goodwilie, bellamy, and some outside options makail smith etc...

i havnt heard any links on any midfielders... i know its still early days and 1 player at a time etc.. but surely we need to get in there and get some central midfielders on board...

dont get me wrong id be over the moon if earnie and bellamy where here next season, but id be even more over the moon with a top quality midfielder who will be the key to our season...

Re: striker links great , what about midfielders

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:47 am

agree 100%. we need at least three cm and 1 or 2 wide players in my view. but maybe mm trying to keep it on the down low in order not to attract attention. i very much doubt he not in talks with a cm :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:41 am

correct me if im wrong but i thought conway was a wide player.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:02 am

have a bit of faith. how do you know that we are not in talks with midfielders?

the club is obviously keeping their cards close to their chest, im happy to wait until any signings are official.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:29 am

We got plenty of time yet

We have got conway, maybe we could get a couple of midfielders in on loan .. which will be done later in the window :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:38 am

Remember Malky hasn't even met the team yet so hasn't assessed what we've actually got. He's going for strikers because its blatantly obvious we need them seeing as we haven't got any except Parkin. He's also going for Andrew Taylor because he knows Lee Naylor is a shite left back.

There'll be plenty more when he's had a chance to look at what we've got. :ayatollah: