Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BRITISH

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:00 pm

This is what it means to me to be British.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mQIGLuajz0

They gave their tomorrow for our today.

Every single one a hero.

Re: BRITISH

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Hear Hear!

Well said

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:04 pm

I dont know what to say to be honest, I am forever in the debt.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:08 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:I dont know what to say to be honest, I am forever in the debt.

and where is the representation of what our Welsh soldiers did on that heap of crap flag?

They deserve the Dragon to be on their to show recognition for what they did.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Great/amazing people, great ambassadors for life

Word British still means nothing to me as it might not to them.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:27 pm

I am x-forces and really wish that there was some Welsh representation on the union flag - BUT THERE ISN'T! I feel great pain for all lads/lassess lost from the home nations in all wars......but wish the Welsh lads had some show on the union flag.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:31 pm

ImageImageImage

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:43 pm

What the Welsh Soldiers did will be represented in peoples Hearts, Minds and Memories.

A flag in insignificant, a poor poor thing to bring up when remembering such hero's.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:30 pm

and where is the representation of what our Welsh soldiers did on that heap of crap flag?

They deserve the Dragon to be on their to show recognition for what they did.

You seem to be slightly mixed up as the Union Flag comprises the flags of patron saints as opposed to the other national flags (e.g. lion rampant of Scotland, three lions of England). Therefore if the Union Flag was to have a Welsh component it would logically come from the black and gold of the St David's flag as opposed to the dragon.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:14 am

BRITISH , WELSH & VERY PROUD :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:16 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:What the Welsh Soldiers did will be represented in peoples Hearts, Minds and Memories.

A flag in insignificant, a poor poor thing to bring up when remembering such hero's.

For The Fallen With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children, England mourns for her dead across the sea. Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit, Fallen in the cause of the free. Solemn the drums thrill; Death august and royal Sings sorrow up into immortal spheres, There is music in the midst of desolation And a glory that shines upon our tears. They went with songs to the battle, they were young, Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow. They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted; They fell with their faces to the foe. They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them. They mingle not with their laughing comrades again; They sit no more at familiar tables of home; They have no lot in our labour of the day-time; They sleep beyond England's foam. But where our desires are and our hopes profound, Felt as a well-spring that is hidden from sight, To the innermost heart of their own land they are known As the stars are known to the Night; As the stars that shall be bright when we are dust, Moving in marches upon the heavenly plain; As the stars that are starry in the time of our darkness, To the end, to the end, they remain.

Laurence Binyon

This was the poem linked to the You Tube Tribute. I fully understand people's reluctance to
get behind the Union Flag. The only fact about the whole thing is that together, the four
nations of the U.K. are a right hard bunch of bastards. But we are not England.

I know someone in Afghanistan. He's proud to be fighting alongside his mates, and he is
ready to lay down his life for them, as they are for him. Lads from all four corners of this
Island. But if the worst happens, he has told his missus and us that he wants the Welsh flag on
his coffin at the funeral, with his cap badge on top of it. Not cos he 'hates' Britain, he
plainly doesnt... but he doesnt want to be buried with a flag that has no significance to
Wales on it

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:29 am

Xcasual wrote:BRITISH , WELSH & VERY PROUD :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:37 am

Spare a thought as well for the families and Friends of all those who have died in service . Although they are proud they still have an empty space in their hearts.

I would fight for Britain tomorrow --
Wales is part of Britain

373 Brits dead in Afghanistan --no more

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:42 am

Willy the Wombat wrote:This is what it means to me to be British.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mQIGLuajz0

They gave their tomorrow for our today.

Every single one a hero.

:sleepy1: