Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

** That Burglar Stabbing**

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:31 pm

So 4 masked men break into your house, what would you do??
I know i would have done the same and if not worse in protection of my family.
If the father and son get charge dthen its just another example of teh failure of our justice system.

And on another note , whats the betting the paper says that the burglar that died was " a lovevable villain, only doing it to help his family out etc"

Rant over - thoughts please

Re: ** That Burglar Stabbing**

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:36 pm

a loveable rogue?
No sympathy from me I am afraid.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:40 pm

the burglar went on his property without permission. In doing so he should be aware of the consequences. Tough luck in his case.

We should be like America, anyone illegally comes on your property and you can shoot them. Lets see them all climbing through peoples windows then when I got a 12 gauge shotty by my bed.

This is why, in less than 5 years ill be moving to america to get away from this dump of an island.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:the burglar went on his property without permission. In doing so he should be aware of the consequences. Tough luck in his case.

We should be like America, anyone illegally comes on your property and you can shoot them. Lets see them all climbing through peoples windows then when I got a 12 gauge shotty by my bed.

This is why, in less than 5 years ill be moving to america to get away from this dump of an island.

That is not totally true.. If you shoot a burglar and kill him in the USA you will end up in court, it's as simple as that. Then you have to 'prove' that when attacked the burglar was trying to attack you with a knife or gun to get off with a prison sentence.

I know this because I lived in Florida for 3 years and often heard the storys of people being sent down the slammer for looking after there homes when a burglar would invade there homes.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:21 pm

If that man goes to jail, or so much as pays a £1 fine for doing what he did, then I think I would have to leave the country and never come back.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:the burglar went on his property without permission. In doing so he should be aware of the consequences. Tough luck in his case.

That is not totally true.. If you shoot a burglar and kill him in the USA you will end up in court, it's as simple as that. Then you have to 'prove' that when attacked the burglar was trying to attack you with a knife or gun to get off with a prison sentence.

I know this because I lived in Florida for 3 years and often heard the storys of people being sent down the slammer for looking after there homes when a burglar would invade there homes.

yes but at least there is a chance of proving innocence.

here, you shoot a burglar, you're going prison because of the reasonable force nonsense and all the levels within it. what a load of bull.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:32 pm

What happened? havent heard anything about this story? :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:45 pm

I haven't heard the story either but i haven't seen the news or read any papers for a few days.
But if any one breaks into your house then you should not have to prove that they were going to attack you. They should not be there so if you can over power them and pull out there finger nails and pull all there teeth out with pliers then as far as i am concerned that is fair game as they should not be there.
You dont take chances when your Family is concerned you should have the right to strike first and if its fatal then its fatal.
I know a Chief super and he once told me if any one was on his landing then he would in affect kill them without hesitation and i know he could and would as he is a Karate expert :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:19 am

lets face it our legal system is a joke any one in theyre right mind would kill for theyre family expecially if they are attacked at home where the common sense in the legal system to defend this

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:47 am

killing em is a bit extreme though. if they were attacking the people who's house they burgled then fair enuff i say. but if they just got caught and the family killed one of em then thats murder at the end of the day.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:03 am

FOUR broke in, now you see old people who put up a fight (and some that don't) get done over. If a person is willing to take a chance on breaking in to your home then I would assume the chances are they are going to be willing to get aggressive to take stuff. If you can get the first volley off then fair one.

Wait until they attack you and your chance of coming out on top (especially when there were 4 of them) and even your life or your kids and other halfs lives could be at serious risk.

Arsewhipe wouldn't be dead if he hadn't attempted a four man robbery on someones home. FACT! :x

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:07 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:killing em is a bit extreme though. if they were attacking the people who's house they burgled then fair enuff i say. but if they just got caught and the family killed one of em then thats murder at the end of the day.

So you just have to wait and see if they attack you first eh ? Or if they grab one of your kids or rapes the Wife. Hope it dosent happen to you chief .

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:08 am

the point i made was say the father and son chased them out of the house and the burglers were trying to run away but the father and son managed to catch one and then stabbed him to death. thats ok yeah?

id defend my daughter to the death, but i wouldnt kill someone just because they were on the rob. batter f**k out of them yes but stabbin em up...a bit extreme.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:15 am

Absolute bollocks to be fair

A scumbag has been removed from society while a man defending his home is looking at manslaughter. Its a disgrace.

I dont know the full story, but when are you allowed to defend your family? if the guy had gone upstairs and raped his daughter would it have been okay then?

I understand the above is an extreme circumstance but when someone breaks into your home the only thing on your mind is your family.

Instead of facing jail he should get an MBE

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:56 pm

this is a very interesting story and it could not have come at a worse time for the government, in this country as it stands if your house is being burgled your expected to let the villians take what they want and leave and then inform the police, this is for your own safety and at the end of the day you should have insurance and things can be replaced. Now this is sensible advice and a good theory except it doesnt take into consideration of the victims emotions during this time and attack can be the best defence. The government have announced previously to this incident that they will review the law on people having the right to defend their own homes and they should have the right to, so this case will be the precedent for every other case in the future so it will be interesting if the government keeps their word or send another family down for defending their houses.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:22 pm

The low life b*stard got what he deserved If he had not tried to break in he would still be alive