Swansea :lol:

Re: Rivalries we used to have...

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:04 pm

NJ73 wrote:Swansea :lol:

ahahah almost as funny as aids :roll:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:05 pm

Shrewbury? or maybe not.

Had a good rivalry with Cambridge Utd that one season, we took over 2000 to the Abbey which was loads at the time.

Stoke for a few years when Hammam was around.

Exeter
Plymouth

you've never been rivals.

you're not near enough in terms of geographical proximity.

bluebird7291 wrote:

ahahah almost as funny as aids :roll:

:D :D :D :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:06 pm

The ones Cardiff Fans in the 80's/90's Loved going to Oxford,Newport,Hereford,Exeter,Shrewsbury,Brentford,TorquayBristol C,Bristol R, Plymouth
and Reading :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:09 pm

out of that lot forever blue torquay and exeter were my favourites circa 1982-1988

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:

:lol:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:13 pm

nj u wernt probably a scumsea fan till about 2 weeks ago. u r 1 ov tha other 30000 glory supporters cumin out r u JACK c**t :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:20 pm

JONNYBLUEBIRD wrote:nj u wernt probably a scumsea fan till about 2 weeks ago. u r 1 ov tha other 30000 glory supporters cumin out r u JACK c**t :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can someone please translate this? :?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:30 pm

NJ73 wrote:
JONNYBLUEBIRD wrote:nj u wernt probably a scumsea fan till about 2 weeks ago. u r 1 ov tha other 30000 glory supporters cumin out r u JACK c**t :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

what he's trying to say is 'you're a plastic fan who jumped on the bandwagon of the swansea lot when they got promoted' which we all know is the case. Don't worry, you'll be back next April supporting the boys in blue and you know that its true.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:35 pm

LOVE CARDIFF HATE SWANSEA
IN MALKY WE BELIEVE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:37 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

what he's trying to say is 'you're a plastic fan who jumped on the bandwagon of the swansea lot when they got promoted' which we all know is the case. Don't worry, you'll be back next April supporting the boys in blue and you know that its true.

I guess those Swans games I've been going to for the last 31 years count for nothing then :roll: :lol:

Want me to walk you through the New Years Day derby of '88 With Joe Allons overhead kick and 3 goals in the last 3 mins?

Or the boxing day game at your place where you were 2-0 up in 5 mins and blew it to a Dave Puckett tap in and an Alan Davies (rip) outside of the boot free kick?

Or would you like me to tell you about the 0-0 draw in 1985 the friday after the official season had finished with Bristol City that kept us from dropping 3 divisions in 3 years with Jimmy Rimmer having a mom performance?

How about a game from the early 90s where Mark Harris made his debut in a 6-1 home defeat against his home town club?

Get it yet sunshine? :lol:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:38 pm

NJ73 wrote:
I guess those Swans games I've been going to for the last 31 years count for nothing then :roll: :lol:

Want me to walk you through the New Years Day derby of '88 With Joe Allons overhead kick and 3 goals in the last 3 mins?

Or the boxing day game at your place where you were 2-0 up in 5 mins and blew it to a Dave Puckett tap in and an Alan Davies (rip) outside of the boot free kick?

Or would you like me to tell you about the 0-0 draw in 1985 the friday after the official season had finished with Bristol City that kept us from dropping 3 divisions in 3 years with Jimmy Rimmer having a mom performance?

How about a game from the early 90s where Mark Harris made his debut in a 6-1 home defeat against his home town club?

tl:dr.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:40 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Come someone translate that as well?

Bloody hell guys, speak fooking English mun :?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:42 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Come someone translate that as well?

Bloody hell guys, speak fooking English mun :?

too long; didn't read.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:42 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:what he's trying to say is 'you're a plastic fan who jumped on the bandwagon of the swansea lot when they got promoted' which we all know is the case. Don't worry, you'll be back next April supporting the boys in blue and you know that its true.

That s wales derby game. Never forget being 2 up and in heaven. I remember davies free kick-good strike but the ref got the fk decision wrong. A 50 50 challenge and both players walk away. the tw*t of a ref then blows. :evil:

Amazing how i can remember games from 25 years ago yet i cant remember what i did yesterday.....

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:43 pm

UL B BACK DOWN NXT YEAR BOYO

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:45 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:That s wales derby game. Never forget being 2 up and in heaven. I remember davies free kick-good strike but the ref got the fk decision wrong. A 50 50 challenge and both players walk away. the tw*t of a ref then blows. :evil:

Amazing how i can remember games from 25 years ago yet i cant remember what i did yesterday.....

It was up the other end from me on the Grange End so I've no idea if it was a free kick or not tbh. Just remember going mental when it went in.

Also remember feeling the hell after 5 mins when we were 2-0 down and it looked like our players had been on the xmas sherry.

to be honest I used to have fun and games at most away games!?!?

travelling around england ina transit van with loads of booze, loads of fags, loads of treats, oh and a bucket to piss in so we didn't have to stop. Always fun emptying the piss bucket out of the window whilst bombing down the motorway.

Happy days :D

Forever Blue wrote:The ones Cardiff Fans in the 80's/90's Loved going to Oxford,Newport,Hereford,Exeter,Shrewsbury,Brentford,TorquayBristol C,Bristol R, Plymouth

could aways fill a van to those games
great days

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:49 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The ones Cardiff Fans in the 80's/90's Loved going to Oxford,Newport,Hereford,Exeter,Shrewsbury,Brentford,TorquayBristol C,Bristol R, Plymouth

great days

Transits Loved them :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:51 pm

I go up to watch Shrewsbury sometimes Annis. You'd be surprised how much that club has changed, a bit like City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

great days

Transits Loved them :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

great times
getting talked into going away on a friday night not going to bed and trying to grab an hour in the back of a van on the way to some northern shithole quality :D :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:57 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

I go up to watch Shrewsbury sometimes Annis. You'd be surprised how much that club has changed, a bit like City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

In some ways Sad, but times change :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:58 pm

great times
getting talked into going away on a friday night not going to bed and trying to grab an hour in the back of a van on the way to some northern shithole quality :D :ayatollah:[/quote]

They were my best times following the City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:18 pm

I remember travelling to Hartlepool in a transit van!

Awesome time, got drunk..sobred up...drunk again.

A very long day :D

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:21 pm

Shewsbury used to be dodgy back in the day with B and the EBF.. :D

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:

Thank you ! Someone with sense.

I have no idea why they (and everyone else really) keep calling it a 'derby'. It's not ! We're 30-40 miles apart and not even in the same city. I see it as more of a Liverpool-Manchester United type of game, i.e. the two most successful clubs in the country that are, like I said, 30-40 miles apart.