Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Phil Stand Appreciation Thread

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:51 pm

I know Phil is a big Bury Fan but I cant believe this bloke has never been out on the pitch at Ninian Park or CCS.

He is a legend to me for many reasons, I want him down here even if it is as a guest of the Cardiff City Forum where we all chuck in a Fiver to put him up in a nice hotel, pay for a match ticket and buy him a few beers.

:ayatollah:

http://vimeo.com/2663887

Re: Phil Stand Appreciation Thread

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:53 pm

Who needs Cantona when weve got Stantona.

My fave player for City, obv not up to the standards we are at now but still a legend in my eyes

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Th@Und@D@wg wrote:Who needs Cantona when weve got Stantona.

My fave player for City, obv not up to the standards we are at now but still a legend in my eyes

Same mate.

My favorite player of all the years iv been going since 1987. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:04 pm

chuck him up top with bellars - i think i would shit myself being the opposition CB! would be too scared to step on the pitch lol

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:08 pm

Loves it........oh these were the days

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:11 pm

I have to say it because I can't ignore it...
"Who is/was Phil Stand" lol

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:26 pm

Good Shout, the bloke is a Ledgend in my view. Is there any way we can get hold of him and ask him along for a home game and sort him out for drinks etc.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Mastermind wrote:I have to say it because I can't ignore it...
"Who is/was Phil Stand" lol

If your serious just do a quick google search!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Good Shout, the bloke is a Ledgend in my view. Is there any way we can get hold of him and ask him along for a home game and sort him out for drinks etc.

He was working behind the scenes at Bury FC a few years ago, meet and greet kind of things.

I will speak to my mate and see what I can find out, thing is the club (unless someones knows otherwise) havnt bothered to conact him so it would be up to us as a group of fans i suppose.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:31 pm

im sure its phil STANT??

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:37 pm

FFS mun if you are going to post something like this then at least get his name right. Check your spelling if needed before posting. Even when Mastermind pointed it out you still didn't get it. I'm not even going yo lower myself to say the correct name because any self respecting City fans knows it.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Get a grip lads, its off a phone ffs and its a message board not an english dictionary or supposed to be perfect,

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:FFS mun if you are going to post something like this then at least get his name right. Check your spelling if needed before posting. Even when Mastermind pointed it out you still didn't get it. I'm not even going yo lower myself to say the correct name because any self respecting City fans knows it.

Dont be so pedantic mate.

But thanks for giving it a bump eh..