Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Statue appeal - Still ?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:08 pm

I see that the club are going to donate £1 from every ticket against Parma, I was just wondering ....

1) How much do we need
2) How much has been raised so far

If people knew we were close, then perhaps people would put into a bucket to just get us over the line.

Re: Statue appeal - Still ?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:12 pm

The fact that they are having to do that and the fact that they still havnt raised the money after how long? shows to me that people dont realy give 2 fecks about the statue.

Disclaimer * that is not a pop at anyone, or anything, just a general observation.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:15 pm

I think the Statue would be a massive Coup for the club & this country to have. 1927 was the best year in the history of this football club, and possibly the best year this country has witnessed. Everyone in England and Wales know that we were the first and only team to take the FA Cup out of England, and Keenor needs to be recognized in being the first captain to lift that trophy above his head. This is a Fans statue, not a footballing statue, and it's needed. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:23 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:The fact that they are having to do that and the fact that they still havnt raised the money after how long? shows to me that people dont realy give 2 fecks about the statue.

Disclaimer * that is not a pop at anyone, or anything, just a general observation.

I am sure that once we do get one, there will be queues waiting to have a photo before games. I admit, I am quite apathetic to the appeal, but I will end up going up to the staute when we get one, maybe even inspire some. who knows?

It wouldn't be rocket science to put some kind of "Blue Peter" thermometer thing on the website and people can see the progress, keep it in the spotlight. We should have one.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:23 pm

I think I have heard the statue will cost about 90k Which in the real world of things in football is chicken feed I really can not believe
1 Why the club have not help more with the funding up to now
2 Why the fans have not dipped into there pockets a little bit more for a city legend
3 Why the council have not helped more with the funding when you think of some of the monuments they have paid for in the past which have nowhere near the Fred Keenor importance to the city
4 Why has it taken so long to get a statue Do we really care

I am told we have not raised a third of the amount needed which is a disgrace if true 20 pence in a bucket by each fan per home game last year would have paid for the statue

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:18 pm

I understand that about £50K has been raised and another £35K is needed.

Be great if we could reach the target before year end

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:21 pm

It annoys me that people are quil to slag off people who have given there time to raise money.
50k raised in a year by fans is brilliant and no doubt soon we will have the full money.

No negativity needed, all work has been brilliant, businesses doing curry nights, players nights at CCS etc etc.
Fans working hard for a good thing. BRILlIANT

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It annoys me that people are quil to slag off people who have given there time to raise money.
50k raised in a year by fans is brilliant and no doubt soon we will have the full money.

No negativity needed, all work has been brilliant, businesses doing curry nights, players nights at CCS etc etc.
Fans working hard for a good thing. BRILlIANT

I am not slagging anybody off, I only asked how much we had to raise. If it is £50k already, then yes that's fantastic. Hopefully the club can continue helping and we get the statue.