Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

think it's quite concerning....

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:42 pm

that so many clubs are spending money and bringing in quality players.
of course you expect west ham, brum, reading etc to make good signings this summer but the teams who are always floating around mid table seem to be adding quite a lot of quality to their teams. next season i think we will expect a lot of shock results.
i'm not implying that we are going to struggle, we are looking at quality players as well but this season is going to be very tough.
i think next season we will really see anybody beating anybody!
:ayatollah:

Re: think it's quite concerning....

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:44 pm

I think it will be like last season with everyone capable of beating everyone.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think it will be like last season with everyone capable of beating everyone.

we do see everyone being able to beat everyone, but i think there will be teams that have been quiet for a few years that may surprise a lot of teams and end up around the play offs. it's concerning because it's so unpredictable but also exciting :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:49 pm

i think this season will be our toughest in the championship yet...

west ham, birmingham, blackpool, down from prem, reading will improve their squad from last season, ipswich are the ones who are bringing in loads of players at the moment..

you also will see improvement from leeds, leicester, burnley, millwall , hull and lets not forget who came up, southampton have some really decent players and brighton play nice football plus boro improved massively towards the end of the season..

its going to be an interesting pre season...

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:52 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i think this season will be our toughest in the championship yet...

west ham, birmingham, blackpool, down from prem, reading will improve their squad from last season, ipswich are the ones who are bringing in loads of players at the moment..

you also will see improvement from leeds, leicester, burnley, millwall , hull and lets not forget who came up, southampton have some really decent players and brighton play nice football plus boro improved massively towards the end of the season..

it will be, it's obvious what teams SHOULD be in around the promotion spots but usually you do rule out teams like ipswich, derby etc but there's no reason why this season they can't have a good crack at trying to snatch a play off spot. who ever grabs promotion this season would have fully deserved it because this season there will not be any lucky results. every team is going to have to work their socks off to earn 3 points.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:55 pm

lewis91 wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i think this season will be our toughest in the championship yet...

it will be, it's obvious what teams SHOULD be in around the promotion spots but usually you do rule out teams like ipswich, derby etc but there's no reason why this season they can't have a good crack at trying to snatch a play off spot. who ever grabs promotion this season would have fully deserved it because this season there will not be any lucky results. every team is going to have to work their socks off to earn 3 points.

i agree, i suppose it will also depend on whether west ham keep hold of parker, green and carlton cole, and brum rjohnson etc..

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:58 pm

exactly, only time will tell :ayatollah:

2blue2handle wrote:I think it will be like last season with everyone capable of beating everyone.

this ^^

its just going to lead to teams being more equal and results being ny-on unpredictable.

Derby for example. :ayatollah: