Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO those who are Welsh Not British, Anti English....

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:20 pm

want Welsh Independence.

Genuine quetion

Do you not feel a bit silly supporting a Team that doesnt play in the country it is from.

Surely, if you were so Anti British, Anti England you wouldnt be following a team from your Capital City that every other week travels into the country you are so against to play Football matches.

Adding to that, every week for the past god knows how long you have been going to watch Cardiff City, managed by an Englishman, you have been supporting a team that is predomantly made up of Englishman, playing against teams made up of Englishmen. You have (probably) been to Wembley, the home of English Football, to watch your team play in the Premier Cup Competition of England and if you go to Away games you are going to England every other week!

I am not saying that supporters of Cardiff City are not proud to be Welsh.

But what I am saying is that those Cardiff City fans who are so against the English are either realy realy thick or just hypocrits or possibly both.

:ayatollah:

Why have I mentioned Welsh Independence.

Well, surely, if these people who want us to be seperate from the UK and England were so passionate about it they wouldnt support Cardiff City would they? surely they would support Bangor City, TNS, Port Talbot Town, Llanelli.

Re: FAO those who are Welsh Not British, Anti English....

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Oh yeah, and the dream for these people is to get Cardiff City into the English Premier League and possibly break away from the FAW and be governed by the FA of England... :lol:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:28 pm

from years back and up until now...we have a lot of support that are anti english (to a degree) i think a few years ago it was quite bad, but since our support has grown...we have calmed down on the issue slightly. it doesn't matter if we have english players and DID have a english manager, we are a welsh team which does include welsh players and it's something we do to wind up the opposition and to show our passion and pride for wales.
i can't see it ever changing and people shouldn't take it to heart.
i don't think it is anything to moan about either.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Aren't TNS based in England?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Not sure what you are on about !...but I am busy watching Coronation Street !!...adverts are on...so....

I have been to Murrayfield, Landsdowne Road, ...and Jenner Park every other weekend but I am still patriotic Welsh.

It doesn't mean I hate England.

II like caerphilly and cheddar cheese (is that allowed ?)

I also like Yorkshire pud.

And Newport is on England too. :roll:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:42 pm

All very interesting but I have no interest in the word British.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Im half on a wind up (failing) and half serious, some of our fans hate England, given the above, its a bit backwards isnt it.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:43 pm

me along with many people i know consider ourselves welsh not british, just the way it is :D

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:All very interesting but I have no interest in the word British.

What about England 2blue, would you agree that some of our fans who 'hate' england are a bit backwards all things considered.

Its a bit like me. I love pies but I dont like Peters.

Now if every week i shoulted out peters are full of shit, and we hate peters pies and then come a saturday I could be seen chomping on a peters pie when a pukka pie was readily available down the road id be a hypcite wouldnt I.

Same with Cardiff fans who hare England and the go there every other week or support a team managed by an englishman and made up of mostly englishmen when they could pop down the road and watch a team of WelshMen in the League of their country, the League of Wales.

FWA, FI GODWN NI ETO .. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:53 pm

lewis91 wrote:me along with many people i know consider ourselves welsh not british, just the way it is :D

Lewis, thats true and not true mate. Most people like yourself are not anti british, your anti english, if you were anti british you would be against the Scots and Northern Irish aswell, most people aint, they just hate the english, they would be better off putting Welsh not English instead of Welsh not British.

How can you be against Britain, when most of our ancestors fought as part of the United Kingdom against Nazi Germany, when push come to shove Id rather stand next to a fellow Brit than a Brazilian or some bloke from Bremen.

Half the people who hate the English speak the Language, half the people who are anti English cant even speak Welsh bruv.. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:57 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
lewis91 wrote:me along with many people i know consider ourselves welsh not british, just the way it is :D

Lewis, thats true and not true mate. Most people like yourself are not anti british, your anti english, if you were anti british you would be against the Scots and Northern Irish aswell, most people aint, they just hate the english, they would be better off putting Welsh not English instead of Welsh not British.

How can you be against Britain, when most of our ancestors fought as part of the United Kingdom against Nazi Germany, when push come to shove Id rather stand next to a fellow Brit than a Brazilian or some bloke from Bremen.

Half the people who hate the English speak the Language, half the people who are anti English cant even speak Welsh bruv.. :ayatollah:

i understand what your getting at but i suppose every country in britain apart from england doesn't regard themselves as british. you give some valid points but i don't think this argument can be won on your side (not having a pop) i just think it is one of those pride things which football does fall into that will not change.
quite a number of people within the city or valleys will say the same whether or not they like football, but if you did a poll on this forum which i'm sure has been done before?....you may find a lot of votes going towards the anti english side.
we are not anti british though...i have no problem what so ever with the scots or irish :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:58 pm

I've never had a pukka pie ...any good ?

I do like a Cornish Pasty .....traitor through and through....I feel so guilty.. :shock:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:59 pm

stick a dragon on the union jack and we're talking, until then, shut up because that flag only represents england and scotland.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7114248.stm

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:03 pm

@Lewis.

Mate, the English, Scottish and Northern Irish all class themselves as British mate, its only on message boards and what have you that people come out with the Anti Welsh not British stuff mate.

Its Armed Forces day this weekend mate, you go down Cardiff, London, Glasgow, Belfast, Hereford, Edinburgh, Swansea, or wherever you want mate and you will see the Union Jack being flown by all nationalities, Welsh, English, Scottish and Northern Irish alike.

If you didn a poll in Wales I bet you most people would class themselves as Welsh AND British as opposed to the other way round. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:04 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:@Lewis.

Mate, the English, Scottish and Northern Irish all class themselves as British mate, its only on message boards and what have you that people come out with the Anti Welsh not British stuff mate.

Its Armed Forces day this weekend mate, you go down Cardiff, London, Glasgow, Belfast, Hereford, Edinburgh, Swansea, or wherever you want mate and you will see the Union Jack being flown by all nationalities, Welsh, English, Scottish and Northern Irish alike.

If you didn a poll in Wales I bet you most people would class themselves as Welsh AND British as opposed to the other way round. :ayatollah:

no.

im cardiffian and welsh. its hard enough saying welsh because that includes the inbreds down west.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:05 pm

....some old and predictable stereotypical replies on here prove you are partly right Millar....only partly though.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:

no.

im cardiffian and welsh. its hard enough saying welsh because that includes the inbreds down west.

Do you speak Welsh?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:06 pm

barry boy wrote:....some old and predictable stereotypical replies on here prove you are partly right Millar....only partly though.

I know mate.. ;)

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:08 pm

Millar...the "do you speak Welsh" question is also old and predicatable...

...not speaking Welsh does not make a Wels person anymore Welsh than a Welsh speaker. It just proves they were either brought up in a Welsh speaking community or fate sent them to a Welsh medium school.

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:

no.

Do you speak Welsh?

No. I speak like im from Kaeerrrdifff :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I dont want too either.
Last edited by Bloobirds101 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barry boy wrote:I've never had a pukka pie ...any good ?

I do like a Cornish Pasty .....traitor through and through....I feel so guilty.. :shock:

I had my first Pukka Pie up in Rotherham in the early 90's mate, Meat and Potato.

You can get them in Asda's mate, try them, you cant go wrong with a whole steak Pukka Pie. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:09 pm

I shall try a pukka next time !!!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:10 pm

barry boy wrote:Millar...the "do you speak Welsh" question is also old and predicatable...

...not speaking Welsh does not make a Wels person anymore Welsh than a Welsh speaker. It just proves they were either brought up in a Welsh speaking community or fate sent them to a Welsh medium school.

I know it mate, I dont even speak Welsh myself but Im a proud Welshman.

It was more of a pathetic answer in reply to his pathetic answer of 'no', childish as feck I know but
Im in a funny mood.. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:12 pm

millar, i do agree with your armed forces comment. you will see the union jack but the forces cannot go against it can they? not like they would anyway and to a lot of people they don't care what flag is put up - either welsh or union jack but to a lot of people within communities or football clubs etc (apart from the jerks) will class themselves as welsh, in a lot of cases that's not because they are anti this or anti that...they just simply class themselves as welsh and again i stress the comment i made that is mainly due to a pride thing.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:13 pm

.....too many wind ups tonight !!! :D

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:15 pm

barry boy wrote:.....too many wind ups tonight !!! :D

:lol:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:17 pm

@Lewis, not just the Soldiers, Seaman and Airmen mate, the general public will be out waving the flag
with pride.

If some despot Argentinian decides to Invade the Falklands tomorow and says on state tv ' feck the british' I bet you a Pukka Pie. :D 99% of Welsh People will be, feck you, you South American Dego, right are wrong? If they hated the British and were Welsh not British they wouldnt care, but we all will.. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:24 pm

millar, i enjoy having a debate and this is my first with you, but i think your failing to understand that i do agree with most of your points, i'm not against you on this matter. it doesn't matter what happens...the fact is that there is a big number of welsh people who claim themselves as welsh, that goes along with the scots and irish.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:35 pm

lewis91 wrote:millar, i enjoy having a debate and this is my first with you, but i think your failing to understand that i do agree with most of your points, i'm not against you on this matter. it doesn't matter what happens...the fact is that there is a big number of welsh people who claim themselves as welsh, that goes along with the scots and irish.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:43 pm

I have no love for the english, I definetly have no love for the union flag.
The comments you made about the Welsh having englishmen in their team etc etc you could also rephrase it to the english football fans....english prem fans that their teams are also made up of non english players yet they still insist on referring to their great english teams...english prem...english cup....insult the Welsh and attempt to mock us at every given opportunity.