Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ryan Giggs will he be our stellar signing this year?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:47 pm

We have at least one big name every year lately. The Mancs have just signed Ashley Young that suggests to me that Giggs is surplus to requirements. I know he's 37 but who thinks he could do a job for us this season? :ayatollah:

Re: Ryan Giggs will he be our stellar signing this year?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:48 pm

i feel wed have to get rid of other players as be another parry / loovens sit

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Giggs plays in the centre now for Man Utd. Signing a winger won't be that big a deal to him.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Can't see him coming to be perfectly honest but the guy is still pure class. Ran the show in many big games last year. I know he was outclassed in the CL final but to be fair xavi iniesta busquets and messi are not easy to handle. They wouldve made all the great players look like Merthyr Towns reserve team the way they played that night.

Of course would love to get him regardless of this personal shit atm couldn't give a shit about that tbh.

Ain't gonna happen though he'll retire next year with the mancs in my opinion.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:01 pm

Aberblue89 wrote:Can't see him coming to be perfectly honest but the guy is still pure class. Ran the show in many big games last year. I know he was outclassed in the CL final but to be fair xavi iniesta busquets and messi are not easy to handle. They wouldve made all the great players look like Merthyr Towns reserve team the way they played that night.

Of course would love to get him regardless of this personal shit atm couldn't give a shit about that tbh.

Wouldnt touch him with a bargepole

If he came here it would only be because of all the shit
going on in his life

We need focused individuals

Not people who dont give a f**k

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:07 pm

ihatealiens wrote:We have at least one big name every year lately. The Mancs have just signed Ashley Young that suggests to me that Giggs is surplus to requirements. I know he's 37 but who thinks he could do a job for us this season? :ayatollah:

Young is hardly a replacement for Giggs given Giggs has been playing central midfield this season... so not exactly surplus to requirements, especially since they got rid of sicknote Hargreaqves...

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:08 pm

It wasnt long ago they gave giggs a new one year deal, if he wasnt wanted they wouldnt have bothered.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Aberblue89 wrote:Can't see him coming to be perfectly honest but the guy is still pure class. Ran the show in many big games last year. I know he was outclassed in the CL final but to be fair xavi iniesta busquets and messi are not easy to handle. They wouldve made all the great players look like Merthyr Towns reserve team the way they played that night.

How come i've gone 3 seasons undefeated with Real Madrid then on FIFA 11 then? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:10 pm

i dont think his heart would be in it for another team understandably really,expect him to retire and go into coaching

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Wouldnt touch him with a bargepole

If he came here it would only be because of all the shit
going on in his life

We need focused individuals

Not people who dont give a f**k[/quote]

This is harsh mate. He had all this going on at the end of last season as was still great. Plus he has been pumping like a good un the last couple of seasons and has been on his best ever form. ;)
I would be well chuffed if he signed for us. (but I wouldnt let my missus down the vale!!!)