Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW MANY MIDFIELDERS DO YOU THINK WE NEED

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:33 pm

We now have

Whitingham, Conway, Tawio, Wildig, Macca and Blake to fill in

I expect Tawio to leave .. leaving us maybe 3 short?

anyone agree?

Re: HOW MANY MIDFIELDERS DO YOU THINK WE NEED

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:34 pm

i agree, i think taiwo will go for £250k and macca will go on a free :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:36 pm

ha!!! 250k for Taiwo....nobody will pay that much. he will go for something minimal if not on a free

we need to keep macca because its only whits and conway i would even consider playing.

i think atleast 3-4 midfielders as im not confortable with blake in the middle

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:48 pm

i think we need another 2 wide players a creative midfielder and another defensive midfielder and 3 more strickers and then should be job done :D :D

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:49 pm

and i would keep mcphail aswell

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:08 pm

glammy, excluding conway i think we do need 3 or 4 :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Would def keep McPhail and make him captain until Bellers gets back.

To answer your question I think at least 4

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:12 pm

about 3

At the moment though we could go

Bellamy Farah McPhail Conway

best midfield ever. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:16 pm

uuummmmm Bellamy isnt ours :?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Bellamy showed how good he was as an out an out striker at the end of the season. He got caught out a number of times not tracking back as a left winger most noticably in the last minute at Norwich. I also think Darcy is a defender who can play as a defensive midfielder in an emergency.

So I think we currently have two naturally left sided midfielders in Conway and Whittingham plus Macphail, Wildig and Taiwo in the middle. I don't think Taiwo will be in first team squad so we need at least one right sided midfielder and two central midfielders but I would prefer if we brought in two right wingers.

Then we just need a left back and three strikers. Hopefully Andrew Taylor, Earnie and Bellamy will take three of these spots and then Goodwillie or Maynard would be the icing on the cake.

Still a lot of work to do in midfield though.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:21 pm

glammy74 wrote:We now have

anyone agree?

Minimum of 4. Taiwo to leave, Blake to be a defender, Wildig....not sure if he is ready, Assuming we have Macca and Whitts plus Conway we need another 4 or 5, especially if MM goes 4:5:1

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Minimum of three, but I'd be happy with five. At some depth to the squad which we very rarely seem to have. Delighted with the signing of conway though!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:25 pm

glammy74 wrote:We now have

anyone agree?

I think it has to be four!!!!!!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:00 pm

We've been lacking in midfield for a few seasons now. I'd say 4 at least. McPhail isn't up to a full game any more. Any more on the Fringpong move from Arsenal?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:02 pm

PLAY 7 ACROSS MIDFIELD SOD IT :lol:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:uuummmmm Bellamy isnt ours :?

he is. ;)

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:05 pm

I said we need at least 5 before we signed Conway, so now i'll say at least 4. We desperately need to strengthen the centre, personally, I would break the bank to get Reo-Coker in on a free. We could use Chopra's wages to pay for him, his work rate is incredible, he's powerful, a born leader (captained Wimbledon at 19) and would dominate the midfield for us.

We need 3 more central midfielders and at least 1 more winger, although I would like us to sign another 2 wingers so there's backup (or competition) for Whittingham and Conway.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:11 pm

We need about 6 more.

3 Wingers, 3 centre Mids.

Then we will have a good midfield squad to pick from,

Whittingham, Conway, McPhail, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?.

If we want to compete up the top this is what we need I'm afraid! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:15 pm

McPhail is utter shit. We got rid of Jones, now McPhail.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:30 pm

jezzy666 wrote:ha!!! 250k for Taiwo....nobody will pay that much. he will go for something minimal if not on a free

we need to keep macca because its only whits and conway i would even consider playing.

you would only consider whits and conway, :o what about giving wildig a chance, he's quality, we just got rid of a manager that didnt give our youth a chance, are you saying that is what u want MM to do :?: :o

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:50 pm

I'd say 4, maybe 5
Conway, Whittingham, McPhail & Wildig currently
Get rid of Taiwo
Blake to RB

Need 2 CM & 2 RM/RW to start!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:02 pm

If we are going for promotion, we need some quality strength in depth, so I think we need 5 OR 6 :ayatollah:

Wildig - unproven, backup
Macca - not bad, but can't be starting, shouldn't be regurlarly playing unless Malky can get him back to his best
Taiwo - out
Conway - quality
Whitts - class
Blake - no, get back to defence and the def is nearly sorted bar LB

So we need 3/4 cm's imo, quality lm, a backup right mid, and an all-rounder, seriously, it's the kind of type of players a promotion-side should be aiming for, quality at backup like QPR had with Hogan Ephraim, Buzasky etc!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:04 pm

I recon Wildig should be given a go .. looked good at times when we did see him

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Wildig failed up Scotland and was in and out of team, if he couldn't perform at that level and stand out a bit in that team, then he sure doesn't have the ability to be part of a Championship promotion team. We need a lot better than Wildig to achieve something this season.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:09 am

realistically i would only expect Whitts, Conway and Macphail to be included in our match day squad as midfielders. Depending on how Mackay sets his team up I think we need at least 4 more midfielders to fill up the squad. Definitely need some right footers as macca and whitts are both left footed and ive heard Conway likes to play on the left but not sure what foot he prefers!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:21 am

yeah agreed, i think alot of people think just because there young they should be in or around the team. we have to understand some youth just are not good enough yet and may never will be, he was sent out on loan to prove himself and so far he hasnt.

unless he goes out on loan to try again i would not feel comfortable with him in the team unproven as every game is important as we now know

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:41 am

1 or 2 more wide players. 2 cdm ( 1 to back up the other ) and 1 creative player. 3 st