Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CHELSEA SLAP 5 MIL PRICE TAG ON BERTRAND

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:33 am

Chelsea have said that they are willing to let betrand go for 5 mil... but also say that they would be willing to let him go out on a season loan.

i think he would be a great addition to have in on loan for a season with a view to a perm deal at the end maybe....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... trand.html

thoughts?

Re: CHELSEA SLAP 5 MIL PRICE TAG ON BERTRAND

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:33 am

get him on loan malky!!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:35 am

surely he will be another high wage earner again tho ?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:36 am

Vintage 63 wrote:surely he will be another high wage earner again tho ?

im sure chavski wont mind sharing the wages, being as they are one of the richest clubs in the world

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:44 am

dont think his wages are that massive at the moment any way as he is still youth, and forest and swansea have been keeping tabs on him..

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:13 pm

id love to see him here definatly the player we need to be aiming for if we got realistic playoffs/promotion hopes :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:21 pm

I've heard he has held talks with us. By all accounts Chelsea want him playing Premier League football week in, week out. And as Neil Taylor looks set to move to Newcastle that could pave the way for Bertrand to become a Swan for the next 12 months. He also spoke of how Swansea helped Scott Sinclair's career so there's definitely a possibility it could happen, I'm not saying it will happen by any means but I wouldn't rule it out completely just yet.

I can't see him being loaned out to a Championship club though, Chelsea see him as one for the future, they'd already given up on Sinclair hence selling him to us for £500,000 initially (Even though Bristol City offered £2 million ... favour to Brendan & Scott)

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:30 pm

watched him for under 21 he a very good and quick and likes to get forward perfect choice for me!!!! pity matthews has gone he just as good dj fault again