Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Quite impressive for the Capital

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:08 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-13875925

come a watch the football while you are here !!!!!!

Re: Quite impressive for the Capital

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:21 am

Only 6th ?

Swansea just came 1st in a popularity poll :-

The most popular destination to get rid of your second hand caravan ( FACT ) :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:36 am

EVerytime i go to cardiff it gets better and better. beautfil city with much more potentiol. I gotta admit i like the plans for swansea :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:41 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:EVerytime i go to cardiff it gets better and better. beautfil city with much more potentiol. I gotta admit i like the plans for swansea :ayatollah:

what are these plans you talk off?

i aint heard nothing down the M.O.D about nuking the place ??

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:55 am

The Premier 1 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:EVerytime i go to cardiff it gets better and better. beautfil city with much more potentiol. I gotta admit i like the plans for swansea :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

They're suppoesd to be doing up the bay and putting stunning flats and hotels up there. I dunno if its built but its looks nice, ill try and find a link :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:02 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

They're suppoesd to be doing up the bay and putting stunning flats and hotels up there. I dunno if its built but its looks nice, ill try and find a link :ayatollah:

I can tell you Hilton were going to build a hotel on the point adjacent to the marina in Swansea but pulled out, so not sure why but were these part of said plans?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:39 am

llwynypia bluebirds wrote:Only 6th ?

The most popular destination to get rid of your second hand caravan ( FACT ) :ayatollah:

Swansea's a nice enough area. It is never voted amongst the top 20 or so worst places to live in the UK, and many ex-Swans players choose to live in the area after retirement. You don't hear that with the likes of Bradford or Middlesbrough do you?

Each to their own, don't see why people feel the need to criticise others towns & cities to be honest. No one has ever claimed Swansea is like LA have they? Although each to their own and I personally quite like the place and IMO it's improving.

There's nice scenery there, the place is affordable, it isn't a dangerous place (By UK 2011 standards) and the locals for the most part are as friendly as anywhere in the UK.

Yes the place has social problems, poverty, drugs, etc. But so do many other places, that's just 2011 Britain for you ... Overall I think it's a nice place. I've been and spent time in many places in the UK and Swansea would be just as good a place to live as most I've seen.

Here in Wales we seem to have a fixation of putting down each others towns, cities & valley's. Most of South Wales has something to offer in one way or another, show some local pride.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:29 pm

we do have a lot down here but i'm not sure if i would vote it that high :lol: they must not have visited a lot of areas :lol:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:21 pm

I can see my flat in that picture

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:25 pm

SCFC10 wrote:

Swansea's a nice enough area. It is never voted amongst the top 20 or so worst places to live in the UK, and many ex-Swans players choose to live in the area after retirement. You don't hear that with the likes of Bradford or Middlesbrough do you?

Each to their own, don't see why people feel the need to criticise others towns & cities to be honest. No one has ever claimed Swansea is like LA have they? Although each to their own and I personally quite like the place and IMO it's improving.

There's nice scenery there, the place is affordable, it isn't a dangerous place (By UK 2011 standards) and the locals for the most part are as friendly as anywhere in the UK.

Yes the place has social problems, poverty, drugs, etc. But so do many other places, that's just 2011 Britain for you ... Overall I think it's a nice place. I've been and spent time in many places in the UK and Swansea would be just as good a place to live as most I've seen.

Here in Wales we seem to have a fixation of putting down each others towns, cities & valley's. Most of South Wales has something to offer in one way or another, show some local pride.

SHITHOLE :lol: :lol:

Nahh the Gower is nice

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:09 am

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
SCFC10 wrote:

SHITHOLE :lol: :lol:

Nahh the Gower is nice

I'm not from Swansea mate, I'm from Mountain Ash. And BTW are you one another of those types that says anywhere outside of Cardiff in Wales is a shithole? The typical Cardiff mentality I suppose.

Cardiff's a nice city but I enjoy Swansea every bit as much amongst other areas of Wales.