Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Would you want Oli back..?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:54 pm

Midfield general wrote:As he did state that he would want to stay here whatever league we were in next season.

I would have him back most definately

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:59 pm

If used correctly he could be a big asset.
Defensive mid with a good goal return :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:01 am

Yes! He was outstanding for most of the season. He's what we've been missing for cm for years.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:03 am

Only if the price was right ! Aint exactly young and MM likes balance so expect a few younger players to be played if a deal cannot be struck to suite the club.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:08 am

As cover, at very best, a rock hard midfield player that never tackled, did have ability though and did score some important goals.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:13 am

i would, why not.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:44 am

Yes, did go missing in a few matches and slightly frustrating sometimes when he held onto the ball too long but performs above championship standard. A took tackler, comfortable on the ball and he can score goals! :D

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:51 am

Yes I would but he needs to have the right player alongside him in centre MF ..... somebody like Rambo was last season , neither Mc Phail or Whitts good enough though !

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:58 am

2blue2handle wrote:If used correctly he could be a big asset.
Defensive mid with a good goal return :ayatollah:

This!

Thought he was allowed to drift a little too much at times and as such we lost our shape and our cover in the centre.

Hopefully a reasonable tactician will be able to sort that.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:18 am

yes 100%.
the reason he had the bad games is becuase u played nearly every game with no competition, you need people pushing you to keep the high standards up. also need a rest once in a while.

bring oli back

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:37 am

I must have missed something sorry guys because I thought he was shocking 90% of the time, an absolute lump of lard for someone with his physique.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:38 am

Lost Profits wrote:I must have missed something sorry guys because I thought he was shocking 90% of the time, an absolute lump of lard for someone with his physique.

then yes you missed a lot !

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:42 am

He worked well with Ramsey :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:37 am

He was so inconsistant! I'd say no to him coming back. By the end of the season he was giving the ball away more than he was keeping it, Hull got rid of him for exactly that reason! Gotta be better out there! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:38 am

billy ronson wrote:He worked well with Ramsey :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

True, but Rasmsey is so good he'd have made Gavin Rae look good-he'd have made me look half tidy! :lol: ........well, maybe not! :lol:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:57 am

second half of the season he wasn't good enough, but a handful of players weren't either. we have all seen how good a player he is, he did attract interest from qpr at one stage? would like to see him back :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:01 am

Isn't he earning around 25-30k a week?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:51 am

id like him back because if we were offered him we havent got enough good squad players to say no and he was very good at times but he would need to reduce his wage first

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:29 am

def not, went missing far too often, lost the ball , and didnt attempt to win it back...

y are we asking for players back from last season who didnt perform.. bring back jay, bring back koumas, do we want oli..

all high earning, under performing players. lets get new blood in, players who want to be a part of our team and will give 110% to the cause...

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 pm

N o I wouldnt like him back, two left feet, very slow delivering the passes, Gangly , played well in periods but not consistent.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Its a no for me,he has one good game and then three shockers his passing at times was realy poor and was putting us on the backfoot far to often, i would hope malkey will get someone in with more consistency.