Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Will DJ ever get another job in management again..?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:12 pm

I dont see him at any club for another year as no one will match what we are paying.
I'd them expect another champ club to take him on.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:15 pm

He could probably do a reasonable job at Plymouth, but really can't see him managing any clubs at our level again.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I dont see him at any club for another year as no one will match what we are paying.
I'd them expect another champ club to take him on.

Agree with you 2blue :ayatollah: Does not need to work with the money CARDIFF have paid him over the years.

I think you will see DJ on sky as the guest on games,and maybe when the right job comes along he will take it,but what league :?:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:41 pm

Jones... hmmmm

Without big wages to offer ex big names he will have to rely on his
talent spotting skills.

He's finished!!!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:08 am

Good question ! I can see him managing again yes but what league is hard to say !

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:50 am

He's no appetite for the game, so no.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:35 am

Midfield general wrote:Linked with so many even while he was still at the club yet nothing come of those links. Personally I think he will have to drop down the leagues and I can see him at Plymouth with Ridsdale before long

He will be working within the next 12 months, probably at another Championship team, when someone gets the sack this season....

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:58 am

Doubt very much he will get another managers job.

It is well documented how he failed to get the best squad ever known in the championiship promoted when that league was at its weakest in its history.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:08 am

He'll get another job but he'll never be on such high wages as he was with us

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:12 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Doubt very much he will get another managers job.

It is well documented how he failed to get the best squad ever known in the championiship promoted when that league was at its weakest in its history.

Thats untrue, newcastles squad was better the season before, that league was weak as piss.....only other team were west brom!!

DJ, whether you like him or not is very well regarded in football circles, not by fans but players and other managers....he'll have another job when he wants one

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:41 am

He'll get another job. He could end up with a mid table Championship club or a big club that has dropped down to Div 1. I could see him somewhere like Coventry, Sheff Utd, Bristol City, Hull, Burnley. His record at this level is very good, finishing 4th for the past two seasons will definatley have other clubs interested. As soon as someone gets the sack in this division he'll be a contender.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:45 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:

Thats untrue, newcastles squad was better the season before, that league was weak as piss.....only other team were west brom!!

DJ, whether you like him or not is very well regarded in football circles, not by fans but players and other managers....he'll have another job when he wants one

Dont agree that league was weak. The fact you had 2 teams that were practically guaranteed the autos says so.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:51 am

He's been lucky during his management career to land the job's he's had. At Southampton he had all those talented young players coming through, did nothing special at Wolves in reality. Wolves are a big club at Championship level getting them promoted via the play-off's isn't something to write home about. And that's his greatest achievement in management to date isn't it? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

If life was fair he shouldn't even get a League 2 job, but no doubt will as he's a 'name' to a certain extent.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:54 am

THE DON wrote:He'll get another job. He could end up with a mid table Championship club or a big club that has dropped down to Div 1. I could see him somewhere like Coventry, Sheff Utd, Bristol City, Hull, Burnley. His record at this level is very good, finishing 4th for the past two seasons will definatley have other clubs interested. As soon as someone gets the sack in this division he'll be a contender.

Finishing fourth whilst playing ugly football and having perhaps the biggest budget in the division whilst failing to get promotion isn't that much of an achievement in reality is it?

Cardiff have an extremely strong squad (Or did) at Championship level, I reckon most of the people on this MB could had taken you to the top 6 at least. :lol:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:56 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:

Dont agree that league was weak. The fact you had 2 teams that were practically guaranteed the autos says so.

No teams are guaranteed promotion