Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Shane Long

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:34 pm

he destroyed us.

hes the type of player every club wants. He chases loose balls, is clinical in front of goal, plays on the last man, and gets on defenders nerves.

if we have a lot of money to spend then I think we're better off signing a player like him to play alongside Bellamy now that the moaning old sap Bothroyd has gone.

This year hes come into form big time and shown what he can. its this that has led to interest from liverpool. However, I highly doubt he'll end up there.

Reading wont want to lose him but I believe he alongside Bellamy would tear this division to shreds.

Maybe then get Earnie back on a free and swap the three of them in and out whilst maintaining the pace or switch bellamy out to wide left when bringing Earnie on.

Now, Madejski, being the complete tool he is, has placed a £20m valuation on him. For a 24 year old, hes never going to get that, especially considering his contract runs out in 2012. Yes, he has 1 year left on his contract, if that. That will force Reading into a sale if Shane wants to come or they'll get nothing for him

Surely we should be signing players like this if the Malaysians are seriously pushing for promotion this year.

Re: Shane Long

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:34 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:he destroyed us.

hes the type of player every club wants. He chases loose balls, is clinical in front of goal, plays on the last man, and gets on defenders nerves.

if we have a lot of money to spend then I think we're better off signing a player like him to play alongside Bellamy now that the moaning old sap Bothroyd has gone.

This year hes come into form big time and shown what he can. its this that has led to interest from liverpool. However, I highly doubt he'll end up there.

Reading wont want to lose him but I believe he alongside Bellamy would tear this division to shreds.

Maybe then get Earnie back on a free and swap the three of them in and out whilst maintaining the pace or switch bellamy out to wide left when bringing Earnie on.

Now, Madejski, being the complete tool he is, has placed a £20m valuation on him. For a 24 year old, hes never going to get that, especially considering his contract runs out in 2012. Yes, he has 1 year left on his contract, if that. That will force Reading into a sale if Shane wants to come or they'll get nothing for him

Surely we should be signing players like this if the Malaysians are seriously pushing for promotion this year.

celtic will bid for him

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:38 pm

He'd be a great signing, but cost a fortune! Can't see that happening, :(

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:38 pm

He aint a tool just doesn't want to sell him so puts that price tag on him to scare anyone off. Nout wrong with that, you would be praising it if that was our manager :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:39 pm

still think realistically he would command a decent transfer fee, not wot has been quoted but at the least 7 or 8 mil..

i do agree though that maybe we should be looking at decent signings as well as what is on the freebie list..

these players have been released for a reason.. the exceptional ones have already pre signed with other clubs..

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:39 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

celtic will bid for him

But we're bigger than those scottish 'big' clubs........ask Craig Conway! :lol:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Personally, I'd be happy spending £6m on him, £4m on Bellamy and get the rest on free transfers.

I think him and Bellamy would destroy this league. It would be like having Tevez and Rooney up front at a lower level. Both pests, chase down everything, harass defenders. If we sign another striker who just limps about like an injured lamb like Bothroyd im not going to be happy.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:42 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:Personally, I'd be happy spending £6m on him, £4m on Bellamy and get the rest on free transfers.

I think him and Bellamy would destroy this league. It would be like having Tevez and Rooney up front. Both pests, chase down everything, harass defenders. If we sign another striker who just limps about like an injured lamb like Bothroyd im not going to be happy.

we could not afford to splash 10 mil on 2 transfers.... if we just get bellamy out of this i will be happy..