Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I WOULD BE STUNNED/SHOCKED IF MALCKY "

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:43 pm

" I WOULD BE STUNNED/SHOCKED IF MALCKY "
Signed Jay Bothroyd.

Yes Jay is Class,when he wants to be, probably the most gifted player in this Division.

But he is lazy,Gutless and a prima donna in my opinion.
When the going gets tough he goes missing,on the big occasions he fails to turn up, he only shines when he wants to.Thats why Jay is not a Premiership player.
So judging by what I have read up on Mackay, he likes fighters/players with guts and balls and Shine on the Big Occasions and team players.
So I HONESTLY BELIEVE Mackay will not want him.

Just My Opinion :ayatollah:

Re: " I WOULD BE STUNNED/SHOCKED IF MALCKY "

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:45 pm

totaly agree

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:48 pm

mallo wrote:totaly agree

Mallo, I nearly collapsed my old friend, we agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Personally I think that at this level Jay is an asset on the pitch as not only is his goalscoring record decent but he also holds the ball up well and brings others into the game. However there is certainly a big question mark over his attitude and it remains to be seen if Mackay feels he would integrate with his style of management. I think that one of the big issues has been that Jay has never been under any pressure for his place. No matter how he performed, or what he got up to off the pitch, Jones selected him! Even after drinkgate he started against Burnley! I think that whilst Jones was initially good for Jay that in the end it became counterproductive. Maybe Mackay could fire a rocket up his ass and get him playing for the team. Will be interesting but i wouldnt be disapointed if he did return as i think he can do things at this level which no one else can!

Id probably agree with that. But in another view he could be the man to get more out of Jay Bothroyd.
I did notice with Jones that when Jay was having a bad game, DJ left him on there. Maybe if Malky took him off a few times, it shows his place isn't guaranteed and Jay wil try harder. I think Jay got to comfortable with us knowing he will start however good/bad he played

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:49 pm

have to agree annis think mm likes the busy in your face type of players.

not falling down taking grass roots out of your ass players

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Personally I think that at this level Jay is an asset on the pitch as not only is his goalscoring record decent but he also holds the ball up well and brings others into the game. However there is certainly a big question mark over his attitude and it remains to be seen if Mackay feels he would integrate with his style of management. I think that one of the big issues has been that Jay has never been under any pressure for his place. No matter how he performed, or what he got up to off the pitch, Jones selected him! Even after drinkgate he started against Burnley! I think that whilst Jones was initially good for Jay that in the end it became counterproductive. Maybe Mackay could fire a rocket up his ass and get him playing for the team. Will be interesting but i wouldnt be disapointed if he did return as i think he can do things at this level which no one else can!

Some good points there Jim, He needs two rockets up his arse, I was a big Jay fan, but spending half his time on the floor and going totally missing in the second half of this season, changed my mind totally about him. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:52 pm

GarethGardner wrote:Id probably agree with that. But in another view he could be the man to get more out of Jay Bothroyd.
I did notice with Jones that when Jay was having a bad game, DJ left him on there. Maybe if Malky took him off a few times, it shows his place isn't guaranteed and Jay wil try harder. I think Jay got to comfortable with us knowing he will start however good/bad he played

wonder if he get first team football anywhere else........

i would like bothroyd back as i really dont think theres anyone else out there who could replace him for a cheap fee!! but dont think malckay would take his shit!!

Aslong as he brings earnie in, secures bellamy & 3-4 other players i will be happy!! not asking for much surely!! :shock:

GarethGardner wrote:Id probably agree with that. But in another view he could be the man to get more out of Jay Bothroyd.

Malky would really have to be tough with Jay.
Gareth, Jay wants £14,000 a week.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:53 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:have to agree annis think mm likes the busy in your face type of players.

not falling down taking grass roots out of your ass players

Rob, needs to stay on his feet and play for 90 mins :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:53 pm

I'd love him back he'll sort him out with right head on jay he'll be scoring for fun.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:54 pm

brewer918 wrote:i would like bothroyd back as i really dont think theres anyone else out there who could replace him for a cheap fee!! but dont think malckay would take his shit!!

Aslong as he brings earnie in, secures bellamy & 3-4 other players i will be happy!! not asking for much surely!! :shock:

:lol: :lol:

well this part of the world always asks a lot :lol: :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:55 pm

I would agree with those sentiments.....buy him but don't be afraid to drop him
Jes

Forever Blue wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:Personally I think that at this level Jay is an asset on the pitch as not only is his goalscoring record decent but he also holds the ball up well and brings others into the game. However there is certainly a big question mark over his attitude and it remains to be seen if Mackay feels he would integrate with his style of management. I think that one of the big issues has been that Jay has never been under any pressure for his place. No matter how he performed, or what he got up to off the pitch, Jones selected him! Even after drinkgate he started against Burnley! I think that whilst Jones was initially good for Jay that in the end it became counterproductive. Maybe Mackay could fire a rocket up his ass and get him playing for the team. Will be interesting but i wouldnt be disapointed if he did return as i think he can do things at this level which no one else can!

Some good points there Jim, He needs two rockets up his arse, I was a big Jay fan, but spending half his time on the floor and going totally missing in the second half of this season, changed my mind totally about him. :ayatollah:

Theres certainly no denying that! I was Jay's biggest fan, I thought he was superb during his time with us, particularly early on this season. However, even i struggled to defend some of his performances after Christmas, and some of his off field antics. Yet if we can get him back on reasonable wages, and Malky fires him up, then we will have a great player. Personally I think he's worth the hassle, and the risk, but completely understand why people have reservations about him.

Forever Blue wrote:

To be honest £14,000 a week for JAY dont seem too bad for me.Although i do feel that Jay is not malkys type so regardless of how talented he is malky will look elsewhere

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

No one else is prepared to pay him 14K a week Annis so why should we be the only Mugs
And besides why should our Club pay him that amount so he can take the piss out of us again. No thanks

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:56 pm

piroteczz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

To be honest £14,000 a week for JAY dont seem too bad for me.Although i do feel that Jay is not malkys type so regardless of how talented he is malky will look elsewhere

Thats exactly how I feel :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:58 pm

I did notice with Jones that when Jay was having a bad game, DJ left him on there. Maybe if Malky took him off a few times, it shows his place isn't guaranteed and Jay wil try harder. I think Jay got to comfortable with us knowing he will start however good/bad he played[/quote]

Gareth, Jay wants £14,000 a week.[/quote]

To be honest £14,000 a week for JAY dont seem too bad for me.Although i do feel that Jay is not malkys type so regardless of how talented he is malky will look elsewhere[/quote]

Thats exactly how I feel :ayatollah:[/quote]
Exactly what has Jay got to do before you decide he is taking all of you for Mugs ?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Under Dave Jones I think he got too big for the team and became untouchable. If he does come back under Malcky then there won't be any hiding place in the for him and will no doubt get subbed/hairdryer treatment should he not give his all. Something Jonesy seemed too scared to do on many occasions. Maybe Malcky's work ethic could get Jay back to his best? The only way we'll find out is if he does come back.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:59 pm

A kick up the arse and a good lecture on how he's not Superman just because he's had one England cap and I think he might end up realising that he's a brilliant player when he's not on the floor every 5 minutes! :old:

:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Personally I dont think a team of fighters is enough, we have to have some quality like Jay to balance it out.
Id sign Jay up in a heartbeat

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Peely CCFC PT wrote:Under Dave Jones I think he got too big for the team and became untouchable. If he does come back under Malcky then there won't be any hiding place in the for him and will no doubt get subbed/hairdryer treatment should he not give his all. Something Jonesy seemed too scared to do on many occasions. Maybe Malcky's work ethic could get Jay back to his best? The only way we'll find out is if he does come back.

He will be hiding in the nearest Nightclub again. Laughing at our Gullible supporters :o

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I did notice with Jones that when Jay was having a bad game, DJ left him on there. Maybe if Malky took him off a few times, it shows his place isn't guaranteed and Jay wil try harder. I think Jay got to comfortable with us knowing he will start however good/bad he played

Gareth, Jay wants £14,000 a week.[/quote]

To be honest £14,000 a week for JAY dont seem too bad for me.Although i do feel that Jay is not malkys type so regardless of how talented he is malky will look elsewhere[/quote]

Exactly what has Jay got to do before you decide he is taking all of you for Mugs ?[/quote]

Jay coming back and leaving dosent bother me.Take him or leave him after last season.Im just saying 14k for a potential premiership player next season is a fair offer.But i think that malky has a certain type of player he likes and will not bend regardless of their name or talent :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Malkay could be the man to get the most out of him. Something went wrong down there big time half way through the season and Jays form slumped. He wasnt the only one to lose discipline.
On his day he could be the best in the championship and maybe Malkay with his 'leave your ego at the door' mindset is the man to deliver consistancy from Jay.

But I cant see it myself!!!

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" I WOULD BE STUNNED/SHOCKED IF MALCKY "
Signed Jay Bothroyd.

Yes Jay is Class,when he wants to be, probably the most gifted player in this Division.

But he is lazy,Gutless and a prima donna in my opinion.
When the going gets tough he goes missing,on the big occasions he fails to turn up, he only shines when he wants to.Thats why Jay is not a Premiership player.
So judging by what I have read up on Mackay, he likes fighters/players with guts and balls and Shine on the Big Occasions and team players.
So I HONESTLY BELIEVE Mackay will not want him.

Just My Opinion :ayatollah:

totally agree aniss :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Peely CCFC PT wrote:Under Dave Jones I think he got too big for the team and became untouchable. If he does come back under Malcky then there won't be any hiding place in the for him and will no doubt get subbed/hairdryer treatment should he not give his all. Something Jonesy seemed too scared to do on many occasions. Maybe Malcky's work ethic could get Jay back to his best? The only way we'll find out is if he does come back.

He will be hiding in the nearest Nightclub again. Laughing at our Gullible supporters :o

All his drinking buddies have been shipped out so maybe, just maybe, the nightclub debacle won't happen again with him involved. Either way if he does come back then he needs to show a bit more grit than previous seasons, if he doesn't come back then we've not lost anything as he's out of contract and expected to go anyway. Personally myself im 50/50 about it as on his day he can be a match winner, its just getting him on his day. ;)

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:08 pm

piroteczz wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I did notice with Jones that when Jay was having a bad game, DJ left him on there. Maybe if Malky took him off a few times, it shows his place isn't guaranteed and Jay wil try harder. I think Jay got to comfortable with us knowing he will start however good/bad he played

Exactly what has Jay got to do before you decide he is taking all of you for Mugs ?[/quote]

Jay coming back and leaving dosent bother me.Take him or leave him after last season.Im just saying 14k for a potential premiership player next season is a fair offer.But i think that malky has a certain type of player he likes and will not bend regardless of their name or talent :ayatollah:[/quote]
He has already cost us one promotion whats one more hey Image

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Despite everything he still scored 20 goals last season, including vital goals against the likes of QPR, Norwich and Leeds! If you said we could sign a player who could get 20 goals this season then you'd snap there hands off! There are not many better players around at this level and you can't really think Jay was the culprit for last seasons debacle! The fact we had no other striker hit 20 goals, a crap defense, poor goalkeepers and a tactically inept manager played a far bigger part in our downfall than Jay not being at his best after Xmas.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:20 pm

I can categorically confirm that Jay is not someone we will be bringing in.