Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LEON JEANNE UPDATE

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Just a quick update for those of you who have been following this story, and are interested. Brighton start pre-season training on Monday and therefore I will be going up there with Leon on Sunday evening to meet with Gus Poyet and have a look at the new stadium. Leon is obviously excited and feels confident that now he is fit, and his troubles are behind him, that he can earn a contract. It is obviously a tall order, and Leon still has a bit of weight to lose if he is to reach the fitness levels of a professional footballer, but he has worked incredibly hard and is in the best shape he has been in in years. It will certainly be interesting to watch him train with the Brighton players and see just what impact he can make. This opportunity has come about through 12 months of sheer hard work and determination. At times he has made himself sick and suffered injury because he has pushed himself so hard and therefore I hope that finally he gets his reward.

Fingers crossed you will get a chance to see Leon in Brighton colours on 16th August at the Cardiff City Stadium. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: LEON JEANNE UPDATE

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:22 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Best of luck to him :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:51 pm

I'm sorry but if he played against us he will have the same abuse aimed at him as any other player perhaps more with his past

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Tubzo wrote:I'm sorry but if he played against us he will have the same abuse aimed at him as any other player perhaps more with his past

I think you'll be surprised.

Leon still has a lot of support. Its not like he ever mugged the Club off or
anything. Just a shame what happened to him, his own doing of course.
But still. I'd like to see him get another crack somewhere.

Though if he scores against us i'll kick his teeth in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:02 pm

if he has improved his attitude and is raring to go for a chance,then maybe MM should have a look at him as well as our rivals in the same league

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:13 pm

good luck leon :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Probably won't even get a game for them

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Just a quick update for those of you who have been following this story, and are interested. Brighton start pre-season training on Monday and therefore I will be going up there with Leon on Sunday evening to meet with Gus Poyet and have a look at the new stadium. Leon is obviously excited and feels confident that now he is fit, and his troubles are behind him, that he can earn a contract. It is obviously a tall order, and Leon still has a bit of weight to lose if he is to reach the fitness levels of a professional footballer, but he has worked incredibly hard and is in the best shape he has been in in years. It will certainly be interesting to watch him train with the Brighton players and see just what impact he can make. This opportunity has come about through 12 months of sheer hard work and determination. At times he has made himself sick and suffered injury because he has pushed himself so hard and therefore I hope that finally he gets his reward.

Fingers crossed you will get a chance to see Leon in Brighton colours on 16th August at the Cardiff City Stadium. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good luck to the lad and Great to hear :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:27 pm

Played against him a couple of years ago when I played against Cardiff city, prob the quickest player I TRIED to mark, couldn't get near him to hack him down!! Good luck mate!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Fantastic news :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:30 pm

I saw him in that 5 a side competition down the CCS, his team were class on that day. Tearing everyone to shreds :lol:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:37 pm

romfordbluebird wrote:if he has improved his attitude and is raring to go for a chance,then maybe MM should have a look at him as well as our rivals in the same league

I mentioned in my last update that after playing for the Cardiff City Legends team in a charity game that Roger Gibbins spoke to Leon about doing pre season with Cardiff. However, due to the time it took to appoint a new manager, the uncertainty at the club, and the fact that Gus Poyet had already commited to taking a gamble on Leon, it was decided that it would be in his best interests at this stage to go to Brighton. Leon is obviously a Cardiff City fan, he loves the club, and he would do anything to once again play for us but at this moment he has really warmed to Gus and feels that he is the right manager for him at this stage to get him playing professionally again.

As for the comment he probably wont play a game it is of course a long shot. We all recognise that, even Leon. However if you had seen where Leon was 12 months ago you would never have thought he would play for Bath City in the Conference, let alone be offered pre season with a Championship club! Twelve months ago he was playing for Maesteg in Welsh League Division 2 and he was so fat he didnt move out of the centre circle. Since then he has lost almost 4 stone, cut out the nightlife and bad influences, developed good eating habits and most importantly of all he is a lot happier with himself as a person. Whatever happens this summer Leon has already proved a lot of people wrong. Still people doubt him and if anything he is thriving on it!

We actually spoke today about what sort of reception he would get if he were ever to play against cardiff. He's bracing himself for "Cardiff reject" songs and will take it all with good humour. He's already confirmed that he would definitely do the ayatollah! This is however all pie in the sky, he has an initial two weeks to prove his fitness in order to attend the training camp in the Algarve and then he has to do enough to earn a contract.

As always I'll keep you updated on any new developments.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Nakedbussurfer wrote:Played against him a couple of years ago when I played against Cardiff city, prob the quickest player I TRIED to mark, couldn't get near him to hack him down!! Good luck mate!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ha ha i played in a charity game against him in March. My team was full of decent semi pro players so we were no mugs. One of my good mates is a very quick full back and fancied his chances against Leon. I swear, in the first minute he showed Leon inside and before he could do anything he was past him before he could even bring him down. Following that he beat 3 people and scored! My mate says that he has never been skinned that bruatlly before ha ha

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Cheers James, i do enjoy reading your updates on Leon :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
Nakedbussurfer wrote:Played against him a couple of years ago when I played against Cardiff city, prob the quickest player I TRIED to mark, couldn't get near him to hack him down!! Good luck mate!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ha ha i played in a charity game against him in March. My team was full of decent semi pro players so we were no mugs. One of my good mates is a very quick full back and fancied his chances against Leon. I swear, in the first minute he showed Leon inside and before he could do anything he was past him before he could even bring him down. Following that he beat 3 people and scored! My mate says that he has never been skinned that bruatlly before ha ha

Ha ha not just me then :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:49 pm

GarethGardner wrote:Cheers James, i do enjoy reading your updates on Leon :ayatollah:

Thanks Gareth, as long as one person enjoys them then i'll keep them up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:58 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Tubzo wrote:I'm sorry but if he played against us he will have the same abuse aimed at him as any other player perhaps more with his past

I think you'll be surprised.

Leon still has a lot of support. Its not like he ever mugged the Club off or
anything. Just a shame what happened to him, his own doing of course.
But still. I'd like to see him get another crack somewhere.

Though if he scores against us i'll kick his teeth in :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, never mugged the club off.

Never messed the Priory treatments paid for by the club around.
Never shit on the trust invested in him by the club and Hammam by his farcical urine test.

All the while getting paid by the club.

No, he always did right by CCFC :roll:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:21 pm

10000000000000000% deserves another shot! The things he can do with a football is frightening.

I popped over to see him earlier on today and speak to him regular - he's buzzing! He cant wait to get cracking.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:29 pm

Well done to him, hope he gets to where he wants to be and stays on the straight and narrow ... good story that!

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:50 pm

i live in the nxt street to leon an speak to him regular i must admit he is in cracking shape compared to recent years and he is 110% committed i really hope he can prove himself because he really is that good and its really nice to see him trying his hardest to get a professional contract he really seems to have finally put to bed all his demons and deserves a pat on the back all the best to leon :ayatollah: woulda loved to seen u in the blue of cardiff again

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Good luck to him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:27 pm

best player to come out off cardiff for a very long time..wish him well in the future..i would love to see him play in a cardiff city side again???

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:47 pm

cokka25 wrote:10000000000000000% deserves another shot! The things he can do with a football is frightening.

I popped over to see him earlier on today and speak to him regular - he's buzzing! He cant wait to get cracking.

Hope you gave him a rub down after he trained.....

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:20 pm

Yeah he lives in the street next to me i asked his son who is in my little sisters class if he is going there and he thinks he is ill double check tomorrow and post...

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:25 pm

Boozer What street you live in then ??????

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:30 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Just a quick update for those of you who have been following this story, and are interested. Brighton start pre-season training on Monday and therefore I will be going up there with Leon on Sunday evening to meet with Gus Poyet and have a look at the new stadium. Leon is obviously excited and feels confident that now he is fit, and his troubles are behind him, that he can earn a contract. It is obviously a tall order, and Leon still has a bit of weight to lose if he is to reach the fitness levels of a professional footballer, but he has worked incredibly hard and is in the best shape he has been in in years. It will certainly be interesting to watch him train with the Brighton players and see just what impact he can make. This opportunity has come about through 12 months of sheer hard work and determination. At times he has made himself sick and suffered injury because he has pushed himself so hard and therefore I hope that finally he gets his reward.

I seriously doubt it, a matter of time before he slips back into his own ways.....IMO

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:24 am

Played against Leon last week and i have to say he is looking alot slimmer than the last time i played against him.

good touch and energy, confidence was there and skinned alot of people....

but dear me his finishing was shocking !! missed some sitters.. stil for a winger he will do well. not sure if brighton may be a bit big of an ask

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:38 am

jezzy666 wrote:Played against Leon last week and i have to say he is looking alot slimmer than the last time i played against him.

good touch and energy, confidence was there and skinned alot of people....

but dear me his finishing was shocking !! missed some sitters.. stil for a winger he will do well. not sure if brighton may be a bit big of an ask

Are you at Neath mate? At the moment Leon is still short of sharpness and match fitness at a high level. However the improvement in recent months has been astonishing and it's hoped that a few weeks doing pre season at a top club will not only shed the last remaining stone he has to lose but will also get him really sharp. As I keep reiterating, no one expects this to be easy, Brighton are a quality team and the Championship is a tough league! It is a huge ask but still an exciting prospect and if he can get 100% match fit then who knows what will happen!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:53 am

therealjimmyscoular wrote:best player to come out off cardiff for a very long time..wish him well in the future..i would love to see him play in a cardiff city side again???

:lol: :lol: :lol: yeh fair play, he s**t's all over bellamy and bale!!!