Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO U THINK WE WILL STICK WITH HEATON & MARSHALL?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Will MM stick with heaton and marshall or do u think we will be in the market for a new keeper..

de vries signing for wolves, westwood to join sunderland , schmeichel possibly to leicester, what realistic keepers do u think we could get?

or do you think we will concentrate on other areas.. will mm favour marshall over heaton?

thoughts?

Re: DO U THINK WE WILL STICK WITH HEATON & MARSHALL?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:17 pm

heaton, on his day, is better than marshall
but because of his so-called "nervousness" last season, Bywater was stuck in goal, and we all know how that panned out.

i think hahnemann or maybe neil alexander :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:19 pm

would we still be interested in lonegan from pne do u think? or is he not much better than what we have..

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:55 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:Will MM stick with heaton and marshall or do u think we will be in the market for a new keeper.. if you think back to last season ,this is an area where we fell down badly ,to have two keepers injired at the same time turned out to be a hammer blow !!
if you compare the sides who went up ,thier goalkeepers paddy kenny ,john ruddy and doris the wolves player played in almost all thier games!!this must be a major benefit
i would like to see a top keeper come in shay given!!!!!!! :ayatollah:

de vries signing for wolves, westwood to join sunderland , schmeichel possibly to leicester, what realistic keepers do u think we could get?

or do you think we will concentrate on other areas.. will mm favour marshall over heaton?

thoughts?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:10 pm

I'd leave the goalkeepers personally.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:15 pm

should we then try again to tempt shay given...

im not conviced with either heaton or marshall to be honest.. every time we conceed a corner i sweat like hell...

out of choice id probably go with heaton, but i wouldnt rule out a new keeper coming in and maybe marshall leaving..

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:should we then try again to tempt shay given...

im not conviced with either heaton or marshall to be honest.. every time we conceed a corner i sweat like hell...

out of choice id probably go with heaton, but i wouldnt rule out a new keeper coming in and maybe marshall leaving..

^^^^^This

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 pm

The pressure's on Bywater.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 pm

We never replaced alexander worse mistake jones made was get rid of him :evil: :evil:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:06 pm

bargoedbluebirds wrote:We never replaced alexander worse mistake jones made was get rid of him :evil: :evil:

Spot on with that bargoedbluebirds :ayatollah: Not going to say anything now but watch this space when Bellers is back,we will get another keeper in ;)

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:09 pm

I think Heaton is a good keeper and can improve since he's relatively young, but I have zero confidence in Marshall.

I say sign a new keeper and attempt to sell DM, and let the new guy fight it out with Heaton for the no.1 spot :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:10 pm

I'd say both Heaton and Marshall are on par with Alexander.

If we sign another keeper then I hope MM loses one of the others, having 3 big earning keepers on the books sounds madness to me.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:21 pm

Neither of our goalies inspires confidence in me and the suggestions that Heaton was a bag of nerves at the end of season doesn't bode well, personally prefer Marshall to Heaton but very little in it. A new keeper who's a step up from these two would be a welcome addition to the squad.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:33 pm

I must admit I do like Heaton, he is young and can only get better than what he already is. I have no confidence at all in Marshall tbh. I would get another keeper in and let them fight it out for the No. 1 jersey and get rid of Marshall (another high earner)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:41 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:Neither of our goalies inspires confidence in me and the suggestions that Heaton was a bag of nerves at the end of season doesn't bode well, personally prefer Marshall to Heaton but very little in it. A new keeper who's a step up from these two would be a welcome addition to the squad.

Do you remember Marshall's performance in the play-off final ? Agree regarding Heaton's nerves, but perhaps the nerves came from his injury - nervous that he might aggravate it resulting in him making an important mistake !

I can't believe that you rather Marshall than Heaton but there we go.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:54 pm

I think both are more than capable of this level don't forget we aint had the best of defences these last few seasons !