Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Lack of enthusiasm for football.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Simon, those days are long gone - we both know that! But you still have to back your home team matey! :ayatollah:

The atmosphere will be better this year I promise you! now that supporters have had the opportunity to shift seats and so on, a new manager! at last, and new players on the way in.

You won't see much trouble - but I would expect the stewards to be less strict this year, as the club understands this one of the reasons for such a topsy turvy atmosphere the begining of last season and the whole season before that!

Things can only get better! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:42 pm

ELY BOY wrote:was thinking about this today, am I that jealous of Swansea in the Premier League? No I am not really, their best players are still leaving them and money has ruined the game that I used to love.

I started following Cardiff back when we were sh8t and I mean really sh8t, success was a dream then and the games I looked forward too were the ones where trouble would flair up and the atmosphere would be electric at Ninian Park. I wonder what I really want out of following City anymore to be honest with you, I used to love the banter with the boys and the all day drinking sessions, I obviously still enjoy the banter but the all dayers are a distant memory (or lack of memory) to me nowadays.

I am just trying to think of what I expect from this coming season and am stumped really :/ Are there going to be any games where the atmosphere is evil and my blood will be pumping, no, not in the new stadium there won't be if the gestapo have anything to do with it.

My current feeling towards football in general and Cardiff at the moment can be summed up by one statement, "Cardiff City FC, family club of the year"

Sorry to bring the mood down but I am kind of non plussed with how I feel about football in general at the moment. :/

how would you feel if we were top at end of season? :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:10 pm

ELY BOY wrote:was thinking about this today, am I that jealous of Swansea in the Premier League? No I am not really, their best players are still leaving them and money has ruined the game that I used to love.

I started following Cardiff back when we were sh8t and I mean really sh8t, success was a dream then and the games I looked forward too were the ones where trouble would flair up and the atmosphere would be electric at Ninian Park. I wonder what I really want out of following City anymore to be honest with you, I used to love the banter with the boys and the all day drinking sessions, I obviously still enjoy the banter but the all dayers are a distant memory (or lack of memory) to me nowadays.

I am just trying to think of what I expect from this coming season and am stumped really :/ Are there going to be any games where the atmosphere is evil and my blood will be pumping, no, not in the new stadium there won't be if the gestapo have anything to do with it.

My current feeling towards football in general and Cardiff at the moment can be summed up by one statement, "Cardiff City FC, family club of the year"

Sorry to bring the mood down but I am kind of non plussed with how I feel about football in general at the moment. :/

I agree to an extent. The buzz just isnt the same going down the city.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Give it two years then we'll be in the Europa cup and we can all go to Poland and Serbia.

Get in training .

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:33 pm

I agree and im probably younger than most on here.

Even to me, there was nothing better than a rainy Tuesday night at Ninian Park where we intimidated the hell out of teams being loud and vocal.

Now its a bit boring so everyone resorts to booing crap players like JLS and Bothroyd everytime gravity takes its toll on him.

Bring back the Soul Crew I say.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:

I agree and im probably younger than most on here.

Even to me, there was nothing better than a rainy Tuesday night at Ninian Park where we intimidated the hell out of teams being loud and vocal.

Now its a bit boring so everyone resorts to booing crap players like JLS and Bothroyd everytime gravity takes its toll on him.

Bring back the Soul Crew I say.

bring back ninian park :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:58 pm

ive been feeling like this for a number of seasons the buss of going to watch the city has gone
the ccs has killed it for me all seater over zealous stewarding etc.
there used to be a better atmosphere with 8000 at np against the jacks than there was with 24000 aganist them last season
even away games have lost the crack
i think ccfc fans are better when we have our backs against the wall because when the expectation levels are high we turn into a bunch of whingers and moaners

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:10 pm

I TOTALLY AGREE

Since the stadium move SHIT atmosphere... At the Bristol FA cup match last year An old couple was sat in the ninnian stand next to the away supporters having a f*cking picnic !!!!!!

Arsehole stewrds telling you to sit down and get out i f*cking hate them.....

Need to get the atmosphere and evilness back somehow but dont know how !!!!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:38 pm

There are a number of things going on with football. Firstly it is overpriced, so that causes a certain amount of resentment. Secondly, in general the players are detached, overpaid prima-donnas, who have no loyalty to the club or affiliation with the supporters. Thirdly, the supporters are treated like 'special' customers on the one hand, as they are asked to cough up money in advance for a season ticket that is pretty much bought on loyalty and not value for money on the expected entertainment value of the product, yet when in the stadium that same loyalty and support is seen as agressive anti social behaviour by the club and Police and those same fans are treated like second class citizens, yet treated exactly like any other business customer, by being charged top dollar for refreshments etc.
Add to this the average age of the football supporter is increasing, and your average supporter is 40 plus, so we started watching football in very different times, when as kids we could pretty much watch football home and away on pocket money, now parents would have to take out a second mortgage.
Who ever you speak to these days in that age group, in relation, to football quickly turns to these negatives about the game, which is a sad indictment. In agreement with your original post, I am also surprised, at how easy it was to take the Jacks going up over us. I have a feeling that we all know that we are being taken for a ride by the football industry in this country, and the reality will be very much different than the dream.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Thats life nothings the same as it used to be :(

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:11 pm

I love it and can't wait for the season to start at Upton Park and in the most competitive league in the world :ayatollah: