Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVID GOODWILLIE

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Does anyone have some genuine news on him joining us? Or at least are we looking at him? I know there's a thread earlier, but not really sure what to make of it.

Wikipedia (only really reliable for stats) says that this is his scoring record:

29 goals in 116 games for Dundee.
Nine goals in 23 games for Raith.
12 goals in 31 games at Scotland youth level.

Most of his goals for Dundee came last season though, and he's only 22.

Would be a brilliant signing, despite his off-field problems - Malky would sort that out :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: DAVID GOODWILLIE

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:22 pm

£2 million price tag quoted to Rangers yesterday..

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:23 pm

seems a good player especially with his record from last season but first problem is the 2million asking price...and the off the field problems could continue...tough decision. would love to see him down here but will he change his bad habits (from what I've heard).

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Unitd want £2 million for him, I've seen him a few times and he certainly has something - but for a striker his goals to games ratio isn't all that good - especially to be paying that for him.

It really is hard to gauge SPL players though. You never know if they are just doing enough to get by in that league and that they maybe have more in their locker.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:26 pm

PtB wrote:Unitd want £2 million for him, I've seen him a few times and he certainly has something - but for a striker his goals to games ratio isn't all that good - especially to be paying that for him.

It really is hard to gauge SPL players though. You never know if they are just doing enough to get by in that league and that they maybe have more in their locker.

Agreed. Even if his goals to games ration was good, you'd have to give him the old 'Dutch Discount' (see Dirk Kuyt) because they came against sub-par defenders.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:26 pm

PtB wrote:Unitd want £2 million for him, I've seen him a few times and he certainly has something - but for a striker his goals to games ratio isn't all that good - especially to be paying that for him.

For 2m you want a better goals per game ratio i reckon, too big a gamble
and isnt he still facing rape charges?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:28 pm

taffyapple wrote:
PtB wrote:United want £2 million for him, I've seen him a few times and he certainly has something - but for a striker his goals to games ratio isn't all that good - especially to be paying that for him.

For 2m you want a better goals per game ratio i reckon, too big a gamble
and isnt he still facing rape charges?

Yeah, there is still the rape case to go ahead as well. I often wonder if this impending case is why United want to cash in.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Look at Boyd at SPL level! awesome, everyone shouting about having him here etc etc......

Hasn't really done much in the Championship? and he looked a more out and out striker than this fella!

For £2m - I'd stay away.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:34 pm

Merlin wrote:Look at Boyd at SPL level! awesome, everyone shouting about having him here etc etc......

Hasn't really done much in the Championship? and he looked a more out and out striker than this fella!

For £2m - I'd stay away.

I don't think Boro used Boyd properly - he did better on loan at Forest.

Still wouldn't pay £2 million for DG though.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:18 pm

maybe dundee put a 2 mil + price tag on him to put off rangers from signing him as they dont want him joining competition..

could we get in there with an undisclosed bid or add a player loan for the season t the deal. ie taiwo or someone else..

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:22 pm

HE LEAVES ALL THE REST
HIS SHOOTING'S THE BEST
DAVID GOODWILLIE
WE KNOW SHE SAID YES

:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:31 pm

He's so good, even his name is a compliment ;)

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:31 pm

just got rid of three like him

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:00 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Does anyone have some genuine news on him joining us? Or at least are we looking at him? I know there's a thread earlier, but not really sure what to make of it.

Wikipedia (only really reliable for stats) says that this is his scoring record:

Would be a brilliant signing, despite his off-field problems - Malky would sort that out :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I would doubt very much that he would be the sort of player we would bring in even if MM fancies him, Goodwillie has that sort of image the new CCFC would not entertain.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:48 am

Any news on him today ????

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:54 am

If we sign him, I won't be having his name on the back of my shirt though :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:00 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Does anyone have some genuine news on him joining us? Or at least are we looking at him? I know there's a thread earlier, but not really sure what to make of it.

I'm not sure Malky can do much about the rape charge Goodwillie is facing.

Also being charged with a serious assault in a separate incident I saw last night!!!!!!!