Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Mini Update "

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Craig Conway has just been down the CCS ahead of his announcement as MM's first signing, he has just stepped off the pitch and will be shown around the rest of the stadium and Vale.

Also the club are in talks with a number of companies to be the new sponsor of the Family Stand. As soon as the preferred company is signed I will announce it on here

All looking positive :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Mini Update

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:Craig Conway has just been down the CCS ahead of his announcement as MM's first signing, he has just stepped off the pitch and will be shown around the rest of the stadium and Vale.

Also the club are in talks with a number of companies to be the new sponsor of the Family Stand. As soon as the preferred company is signed I will announce it on here.

Cheers Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Mini Update

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Good signing. also, Any news on the Naming rights for the stadium - all gone quiet there Carl ?

Re: " Mini Update "

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:Craig Conway has just been down the CCS ahead of his announcement as MM's first signing, he has just stepped off the pitch and will be shown around the rest of the stadium and Vale.

Also the club are in talks with a number of companies to be the new sponsor of the Family Stand. As soon as the preferred company is signed I will announce it on here

great update, thanks carl! :D
:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Nice one...I hate it when we about to sign a player...no end of things can go wrong...I love it when its up on the official site...even though that is the last with the news...I think they have to be absolutely certain before running it to be fair...good news about the sponsor too

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:50 pm

Thanks Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Might get his name on my City shirt, presume he'll be 11?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Thanks Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Im pretty sure you have to be older than that to play in the Championship mate.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks for the great info as always.

What happened with the partnership with Sony that was in the works for the Family Stand?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:54 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:56 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:

lmao! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:01 pm

thought you weren't allowed on the pitch

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Ever since the Chris Killen business Im never happy with new players until they actually do sign on the dotted line ..... Killen came down from Hibs , turned down Rangers and even did an article in The Echo saying how he was looking forward to playing for Cardiff . Next thing he fucks off back to Scotland and signs for Celtic :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:Ever since the Chris Killen business Im never happy with new players until they actually do sign on the dotted line ..... Killen came down from Hibs , turned down Rangers and even did an article in The Echo saying how he was looking forward to playing for Cardiff . Next thing he fucks off back to Scotland and signs for Celtic :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thats the trouble with agents...

They will be scheming until the very last minute to try and get a better deal
elsewhere for their client (well, for themselves, innit)

Hopefully, Conway is an honest lad, and his agent isnt a complete c**t

But like you, i wont hold my breath yet ;)

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:17 pm

cracking, been waiting for that to be official :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:Ever since the Chris Killen business Im never happy with new players until they actually do sign on the dotted line ..... Killen came down from Hibs , turned down Rangers and even did an article in The Echo saying how he was looking forward to playing for Cardiff . Next thing he fucks off back to Scotland and signs for Celtic :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That was a major let off though. Was really disappointed when his signing was in the press up here, was really pleased when he went to Celtic reserves.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:32 pm

PtB wrote:

That was a major let off though. Was really disappointed when his signing was in the press up here, was really pleased when he went to Celtic reserves.

yes I know he was shite and only played about 20 odd games for Celtic and was injured until the December of that year too , we had a lucky escape BUT shows how fickle playes are !

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:37 pm

thanks now get back to work, no annis i mean real work not your book :lol:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:42 pm

Well somebody had to ................. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:56 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
PtB wrote:

yes I know he was shite and only played about 20 odd games for Celtic and was injured until the December of that year too , we had a lucky escape BUT shows how fickle playes are !

Very true mate! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 pm

My cousin-in-law is Scottish, he's a proper anorak.

I just got a text off him (thank god he never rang :lol: :lol: :lol: )

"Conway better than burke. not quite as tricky.but more direct.
hits byline. crosses the ball. no messing about"

He's Hearts, loves Scottish football.... and doesnt drink :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:43 pm

its not on website yet :lol: :lol:
Last edited by SamCCFC1927 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:44 pm

a scottish person who doesnt drink?????

who'd a thunk it!!! :lol:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:47 pm

any news of a certain Mr. Bellamy? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:04 pm

has he had a medical yet then? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Carl is MM still on holiday?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Is Bellamy defintiely signing for us then?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:11 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:cracking, been waiting for that to be official :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

umm, i think we still are ?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Read at the Bottom " 3 YR DEAL AGREED :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

David Goodwillie approcach confirmed

Published Date: 22 June 2011
DUNDEE United manager Peter Houston has confirmed Rangers have made an enquiry about David Goodwillie. But he believes the asking price for the striker could prove to be too expensive for the Scottish champions.
Reports suggest the Tannadice club are looking for £2million for the 22-year-old, who netted 19 goals last season.

New Rangers manager Ally McCoist has yet to make his first signing since taking over the helm from Walter Smith. He has already lostADVERTISEMENT

out on Tomer Hemed, who snubbed a move to Ibrox in favour of Real Mallorca, and appears to have turned his attention to Goodwillie.

Houston said: "There haven't been any bids for him. What has happened is that Rangers have contacted our chairman (Stephen Thompson], who is on holiday in Florida, and asked our valuation of the player. Our chairman has told Rangers what our valuation of the player is.

"At the moment I think it's too expensive for Rangers so we wait and see what happens."

Meanwhile, Craig Conway will join Cardiff City after agreeing a three-year deal with the Championship side. The 26-year-old had been lined up to join Watford by new manager Malky McKay before his own move to Wales last week. The former Dundee United winger, who also attracted interest from Rangers, held talks with the Welsh club yesterday and has sealed a deal to head south.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:33 pm

when will it be offical then? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: