Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do we have severe financial issues in regards to the FA?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:52 am

I mean, next season we come under FA rule, so with all whats gone on with QPR, and the fact we could be thoroughly investigated due to what was said in the media, is there a chance of everything going pear shaped?

Are our financial records so bad that we could face administration or a points deduction?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... -ownership

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... y-mortgage

Are we in the clear over this or could the FA next season, when we're under their jurisdiction, do the dirty on us?

Bare in mind I acknowledge we have a lot of debt.

Re: Do we have severe financial issues in regards to the FA?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:27 pm

There's no third party ownership involved in that deal whatsover.

Ranson has no say in the day to day running of the club.

The deal was run through the FL, much like QPR did. As QPR proved, punishment cannot be before retrospective to the time the rule was applied to the FL anyway.

So even in the non existant chance there was third party control, good lawyers would rip the FA to shreds,

Just a bitter guardian journo looking for a story.

Re: Do we have severe financial issues in regards to the FA?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:51 pm

nerd wrote:There's no third party ownership involved in that deal whatsover.

Ranson has no say in the day to day running of the club.

The deal was run through the FL, much like QPR did. As QPR proved, punishment cannot be before retrospective to the time the rule was applied to the FL anyway.

So even in the non existant chance there was third party control, good lawyers would rip the FA to shreds,

Just a bitter guardian journo looking for a story.

Alright, cheers for clearing that up. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was just a bit worried we may go all out for promotion this year, finally bag our spot and then the FA come down on us hard because of behind the scenes issues.