Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Interesting rumour - Although I do apologise for posting

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am

Sorry for posting yet another rumour, and I also cant verify the source to any degree...however i thought I'd share the love:

A mate of mine in work (whos a respected manager) is Chelsea through and through (former season ticket holder etc) however being a Cardiff boy and fan also, he has alot of mates who are proper Cardiff aswell.

Hes just told me that one of his Cardiff supporting mates, whos well in with various people down the club, is claiming that we are on the verge of snatching David Goodwillie from under the noses of Rangers (from Dundee). He went as far as saying that because his mate (Craig Conway) is coming to Cardiff then he wants to as well, and that is a pivotal factor in the deal.

Like I said, I cant verify this to any degree...although its certainly an interesting one :ayatollah:

Re: Interesting rumour - Although I do apologise for posting

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:44 am

Now he would be a quality signing!!

Hope it's right JonScam!!!

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:46 am

i understand why goodwillie would come and i agree it would be a very good signing. although you have a source...i guess only time will tell. be great if we could snatch him. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:48 am

No Thank you, dont want him at Cardiff......his night time antics is not what the club needs. Drunks and alleged Rapists is last thing the club needs to be associated with.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:48 am

Funny I was just reading about the enquiry from Rangers about him, apparantly the chairman has valued him at £2m.

Wasn't he involved in some type of sexual assault not long ago?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:51 am

azz_ccfc wrote:No Thank you, dont want him at Cardiff......his night time antics is not what the club needs. Drunks and alleged Rapists is last thing the club needs to be associated with.

What was the outcome of that charge :?: or is it still on going :?:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:51 am

If true, not disappointed.

Mackay will sort out his night-life :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:52 am

its still ongoing.

i think mackay could handle a player like goodwillie. very very good player. id be well happy if this is true

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:54 am

azz_ccfc wrote:No Thank you, dont want him at Cardiff......his night time antics is not what the club needs. Drunks and alleged Rapists is last thing the club needs to be associated with.

So what? Obviously not guilty or he'd be inside now.

Marlon King got a club after being found guilty so signing him wouldn't be as bad.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:54 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:its still ongoing.

i think mackay could handle a player like goodwillie. very very good player. id be well happy if this is true

Cheers Cardiff Daft :ayatollah: Agree with your other comment :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:57 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

What was the outcome of that charge :?: or is it still on going :?:

The case is still going, thats why I used my words wisely, but his night time antics are well known, drinking into late hours. Dont get me wrong, very good player and with untapped potential......but after the borough game, dont think i can go through all that again. If he is looking for a fresh start and willing to obide with the rules of the club, I will welcome him.....but its like asking a Lion to be a vegeterian, and Chopra to never gamble again.

The charges against Goodwillie were dropped/ Cracking player but he's a pisshead. I doubt that we'll get him though. Can't see us paying £2m for him.

Great thats all we need is a f*cking rapist, not really a Goodwillie.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:08 pm

would you pay 2 millon for him? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:25 pm

PhatFrog wrote:The charges against Goodwillie were dropped/ Cracking player but he's a pisshead. I doubt that we'll get him though. Can't see us paying £2m for him.

Im sure the case is still on-going and to be tried in the next coming months, I could be wrong but I can't find anything where it says his case was dropped. He has hired top QC Paul McBride whom has also represented Rangers keeper McGregor, who was accused with St Johnstone player Filipe Morais and Big Brother contestant Kenneth Tong of a sex attack on a young woman in a Glasgow flat.

f**k me they like to live it up in Scotland.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:30 pm

i love how people are calling him a rapist....an ALLEDGED RAPIST, it means hes been accused of rape but hasnt proven it yet.

Goodwillie, cardiffs' number 9 :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:33 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:The charges against Goodwillie were dropped/ Cracking player but he's a pisshead. I doubt that we'll get him though. Can't see us paying £2m for him.

Im sure the case is still on-going and to be tried in the next coming months, I could be wrong but I can't find anything where it says his case was dropped. He has hired top QC Paul McBride whom has also represented Rangers keeper McGregor, who was accused with St Johnstone player Filipe Morais and Big Brother contestant Kenneth Tong of a sex attack on a young woman in a Glasgow flat.

Sorry jumped the gun. There is a strong possibility that the charges will be dropped. No club would be sniffing around him if they thought the charges would stick. Have you ever heard of the term Innocent til proven Guilty?

Its no different to the beginning of the decade when the Leicester players being accussed of rape in La Manga. Hardly the Scots "living it up" :roll:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:33 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Great thats all we need is a f*cking rapist, not really a Goodwillie.

Nice bit of libel you've posted there :roll:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:34 pm

yeah i cant seem to find anything saying its been dropped either. he was in the scottish sun only a couple of weeks ago and it said it was still on-going so god knows..

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:39 pm

lewis91 wrote:i understand why goodwillie would come and i agree it would be a very good signing. although you have a source...i guess only time will tell. be great if we could snatch him. :ayatollah:

Can we avoid having "GoodWillie" and "Snatch" in the same sentence!!!

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:44 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Great thats all we need is a f*cking rapist, not really a Goodwillie.

Nice bit of libel you've posted there :roll:

Yeah, sue me.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Great name to have when you are facing a charge for alleged sexual assault :roll:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:47 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Sorry jumped the gun. There is a strong possibility that the charges will be dropped. No club would be sniffing around him if they thought the charges would stick. Have you ever heard of the term Innocent til proven Guilty?

Its no different to the beginning of the decade when the Leicester players being accussed of rape in La Manga. Hardly the Scots "living it up" :roll:

Of course Ive heard of it, Ive also heard the term "no smoke without fire" and "Mud Sticks".

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:48 pm

blueheaven wrote:Great name to have when you are facing a charge for alleged sexual assault :roll:

could be worse it could have been badwillie :lol:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:01 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Im sure the case is still on-going and to be tried in the next coming months, I could be wrong but I can't find anything where it says his case was dropped. He has hired top QC Paul McBride whom has also represented Rangers keeper McGregor, who was accused with St Johnstone player Filipe Morais and Big Brother contestant Kenneth Tong of a sex attack on a young woman in a Glasgow flat.

Of course Ive heard of it, Ive also heard the term "no smoke without fire" and "Mud Sticks".

A bit like Dave Jones is guilty then? Or how Michael Jackson was guilty? Or how Titus Bramle was guilty?

Not saying he didn't do it, but i'm saying you can't judge him. I just hope you never get falsely accussed of anything.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:08 pm

Its no different to the beginning of the decade when the Leicester players being accussed of rape in La Manga. Hardly the Scots "living it up" :roll:[/quote]

Of course Ive heard of it, Ive also heard the term "no smoke without fire" and "Mud Sticks".[/quote]

A bit like Dave Jones is guilty then? Or how Michael Jackson was guilty? Or how Titus Bramle was guilty?

Not saying he didn't do it, but i'm saying you can't judge him. I just hope you never get falsely accussed of anything.[/quote]

Im not judging him, he has been charged with not sexual assault but with Rape. He may well be innocent but if he was the Prosecution would have followed the other cases and dropped the charge by now, anyway we'll see. I never understand why high profile people put themselves in that situation.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:
lewis91 wrote:i understand why goodwillie would come and i agree it would be a very good signing. although you have a source...i guess only time will tell. be great if we could snatch him. :ayatollah:

Can we avoid having "GoodWillie" and "Snatch" in the same sentence!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant! :D

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:14 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Im not judging him, he has been charged with not sexual assault but with Rape. He may well be innocent but if he was the Prosecution would have followed the other cases and dropped the charge by now, anyway we'll see. I never understand why high profile people put themselves in that situation.

You've got this ALL wrong mate... The Dave Jones example was the best of the lot and it disappoints me that any Cardiff City fan would jump the gun like this.

What the feck happened to innocent until proven guilty, eh?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Thought he played for Dundee United not Dundee :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:29 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Im not judging him, he has been charged with not sexual assault but with Rape. He may well be innocent but if he was the Prosecution would have followed the other cases and dropped the charge by now, anyway we'll see. I never understand why high profile people put themselves in that situation.

You've got this ALL wrong mate... The Dave Jones example was the best of the lot and it disappoints me that any Cardiff City fan would jump the gun like this.

What the feck happened to innocent until proven guilty, eh?

NOTE------------- "HE MAY WELL BE INNOCENT"

Although unlike other cases which has been dropped due to insufficient evidence the prosecution deems he has a case to answer.