Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHO'S YOUR "OTHER TEAM"?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:53 am

For those of us, who have one.

Who is your second team?

I don't mean international, I mean club side.

Shrewsbury for me.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WHO'S YOUR "OTHER TEAM"?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:55 am

would have to say newcastle as i used to watch them quite alot when they played away at villa, southapton, brum etc. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:58 am

Celtic but not through choice either ...... the delights of marital bliss Im afraid :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:58 am

CWM WELFARE :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:02 am

Clevedon Town afc (as there a new customer)

:D

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:05 am

canton libs :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:09 am

Newcastle Utd.

Started following football in the Keegan era. Keegan's 1st Newcastle team played the best football I've seen in the Prem.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:10 am

west ham utd :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:15 am

Liverpool, because of my dad.

I also like the fact that they brought through youth a lot and the songs their fans sing are creative like ours :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:19 am

Bloobirds101 wrote:Liverpool, because of my dad.

I also like the fact that they brought through youth a lot and the songs their fans sing are creative like ours :ayatollah:

What creative songs do we have. Apart from I'll be there all of our songs are very generic and sang by every club in the country

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:24 am

Bunk wrote:

What creative songs do we have. Apart from I'll be there all of our songs are very generic and sang by every club in the country

do you not go to games?

where i sit, there is always some old man a few seats behind me making up songs and going mental. Just because the other 20,000+ dont join in doesn't take away the fact we make our own songs. He has me in stitches to be perfectly honest. :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:24 am

Portishead Town FC, playing in the Toolstation Western League - Division One.

Both my boys play for the Juniors so started getting involved with the club at grass root level.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:35 am

Bloobirds101 wrote:
Bunk wrote:

do you not go to games?

where i sit, there is always some old man a few seats behind me making up songs and going mental. Just because the other 20,000+ dont join in doesn't take away the fact we make our own songs. He has me in stitches to be perfectly honest. :lol: :lol:

Yes I do indeed go to games. I would say some crazy old man doesn't really class as us making up creative songs. One of the things that frustrates me about our support now is that our chants lack creativity. That ultras style song that every club has stolen makes me cringe. It wont be long before we are doing that Poznan thing. Not trying to be a miserable git just saying our songs are awful now.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:46 am

Bunk wrote:
Yes I do indeed go to games. I would say some crazy old man doesn't really class as us making up creative songs. One of the things that frustrates me about our support now is that our chants lack creativity. That ultras style song that every club has stolen makes me cringe. It wont be long before we are doing that Poznan thing. Not trying to be a miserable git just saying our songs are awful now.

I agree in a way. Lets to the Barcelona chants then :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM4H2fxViA4

get your scarves out lads.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:47 am

i always followed liverpool as a kid as my dad is from there. went to a few games before i got took to a city game. i dont really support liverpool anymore obv id prefer them to win the prem than manure or chelsea but now its just cardiff for me.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Im just waiting for someone to say Swansea :lol: :lol:

As a kid I liked Man U (Cantona and Schmiechel were my idols) and if we can't win the prem I would prefer them too :lol: but Rangers are my second team.

No one compares to Cardiff though. For example, I was chuffed we got Conway instead of Rangers. No question. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:27 pm

Cardiff reserves.......oh wait :lol:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:36 pm

Barca :oops:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Schalke 04 - miners united, we'll never be defeated! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Hamburg SV and FC Mamer 32

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:16 pm

The oldest football club in the world - Sheffield FC. I just love what they're doing down there.

Chasetown for obvious reasons.

And FC Girondins de Bordeaux for less obvious reasons.

I would never ever profess to support any of those teams though. My relationship with the first will cease when I move home and with the latter it is little more than plasticism and good will.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Always followed Berwick Rangers - the nearest club to where my grandmother lives, I refuse to support the Toon like the northern half of my family. The nearest I've come to supporting another team was Real Madrid when I lived there. Wasn't quite the same though.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:00 pm

Liverpool i would have to say just because that's the team my family have always supported and you just get brought up that way i suppose, often watch them on telly whenever they are playing. :ayatollah:

who needs stevie g, we got anthony!! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:03 pm

sure its not because dave jones is from there

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:24 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:For those of us, who have one.

Who is your second team?

I don't mean international, I mean club side.

Shrewsbury for me.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

CARDIFF CITY Without Doubt NO 1 :ayatollah:

But Bury Town due to seeing them 7 times before I saw Cardiff play as my Granddad was a Bury Season ticket holder. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Chelsea in the 80's for a good laugh :lol: Don't like them now, totally changed at Stamford bridge.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:29 pm

For some unknown reason, since 2000 (I think), I've always looked for Ross Countys results.

Really don't know why :?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:35 pm

barrybluebird wrote:

sure its not because dave jones is from there

Right, you got me, he is one sexy beast though dont you think? ;)

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Merthyr Town and Rangers.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:15 pm

Barcelona, Bridgend Town, Chasetown.

In that order.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:18 pm

liverpool :ayatollah: