Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Did Jay use the club in recent days to benefit himself..?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:28 pm

Midfield general wrote:Getting in contact with the club asking for a return then in todays press his agent is discribing talks with QPR next week and also interest from Everton and Fulham as 'exciting'!!!!

I thought so from the start of this so-called contact with the club that his move was to give premiership teams had a kick up the backside in making a move and it seems I was proved right!!!! :evil:

Now with this latest stunt will people finally get over Jay!!!!

Not sure about using our club MG - As he was out of contract,but agree 100% about how he and his agent have/are going about things.
Going from club to club to see who can offer the "best deal" - Looks to me who offers most = done deal :roll:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:57 pm

IF Jay wanted to be with us he would play for £10k a week and get a bonus if we went up.

Which should be the same for all the new faces at the club...Avg wage £5 - £8K A WEEK.

Looks to me that Jay is more interested in a pay day,than performance MG :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:02 am

What nonsense.
Jay has never mentioned any club and the only time he has was to say he would never sign for the jacks.
He has never said he Wants or does not want to sign for city.
His agents jobs is to give Jay every option......

If I was him if sign where the money is!!

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:19 am

Jay went to CELTIC - Passed the medical,and then came back to CARDIFF and asked for £14k a week.

IN the same time split with his girlfriend,talk of LIVERPOOL - EVERTON - NEWCASTLE - QPR - Interested in JAY.

Simple answer play for your last club for a few grand more + bonus...or go somewhere else and take the cash.
Would JAY start at 3 of the above teams :?: If people say he is lazy then take the money and stay on the bench.

Why did JAY not sign for CELTIC - When he passed his medical,but still went from club to club for a better offer :?:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:17 am

I think this whole farce just proves that Jay is still the immature and arrogant little kid that Wenger booted out ofthe Arse.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:19 am

Can anyone please explain what Jay has done wrong except be loyal to his contract?
I'm confused?
IMO he has been the ultimate pro in terms of out of contract players?.

He s only shopping Aroundhis CV.
If I was him I'd lice CCFC ASAP, watch us miss him!!

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:09 am

What stunt? he distanced himself from the QPR rumour via twitter. :?

Funny thing with Jay Bothroyd, never have I seen a player perform so well for us and yet get treated so terribly by fans. Our record with or without Jay speaks for itself with how integral he was to our play for three years. Yet during all that time he was slaughtered by a minority of our fans. Ever think where we would be without him? If he'd chosen to go to Hull (as offered http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 538385.stm ) to play in the Premiership? Have a season with Eddie Johnson, Stevie Thompson, Rossco and Parry leading the line? We never would have got close to the top 6.

Him being that integral had its down points, but that's hardly his fault that DJ refused to find appropriate cover or find a system that worked without him. Yet he still gets treated as though he was this average player that didn't do anything important for Cardiff on massive wages, when nothing could be further from the truth.

If Jay stays it'll be one of the biggest signings we make this summer, if he goes he leaves one hell of a gap to fill.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:30 am

Midfield general wrote:Getting in contact with the club asking for a return then in todays press his agent is discribing talks with QPR next week and also interest from Everton and Fulham as 'exciting'!!!!

I thought so from the start of this so-called contact with the club that his move was to give premiership teams had a kick up the backside in making a move and it seems I was proved right!!!! :evil:

Now with this latest stunt will people finally get over Jay!!!!

if this is true it shows what a cock he is,and like you i wish people would move on and raise theirs expectations to someone that gives a shit :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:58 am

RFMH wrote:What stunt? he distanced himself from the QPR rumour via twitter. :?

Funny thing with Jay Bothroyd, never have I seen a player perform so well for us and yet get treated so terribly by fans. Our record with or without Jay speaks for itself with how integral he was to our play for three years. Yet during all that time he was slaughtered by a minority of our fans. Ever think where we would be without him? If he'd chosen to go to Hull (as offered http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 538385.stm ) to play in the Premiership? Have a season with Eddie Johnson, Stevie Thompson, Rossco and Parry leading the line? We never would have got close to the top 6.

Him being that integral had its down points, but that's hardly his fault that DJ refused to find appropriate cover or find a system that worked without him. Yet he still gets treated as though he was this average player that didn't do anything important for Cardiff on massive wages, when nothing could be further from the truth.

If Jay stays it'll be one of the biggest signings we make this summer, if he goes he leaves one hell of a gap to fill.

At the start of the season, I would agree he was awesome and showed what he was capable of. After the England call up it all went to his head and he was very disappointing, personally I don't think he tried as hard and it was a part of the reason we failed to go up !!!

I'm split really, I will be sad to see the good Bothroyd from the first half of the season go, and glad to see the 2nd half Bothroyd go and a new style of play and different striker come in ........

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:02 am

Bluebina wrote:

At the start of the season, I would agree he was awesome and showed what he was capable of. After the England call up it all went to his head and he was very disappointing, personally I don't think he tried as hard and it was a part of the reason we failed to go up !!!

I'm split really, I will be sad to see the good Bothroyd from the first half of the season go, and glad to see the 2nd half Bothroyd go and a new style of play and different striker come in ........

I wanted to add, I will wish him all the best and if he does knuckle down and give it his all, there is no reason why he can't play every week for Everton and score plenty of goals and finish in the top half of the league, whether he does that though is another matter!!!

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:20 am

He is NOT talking to QPR next week, its all bullshit, all his agent has said is that he has had a few offers, never said off who, leave the guy alone, he stayed until the end of his contract, and the next contract will probably be his last big payday

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:37 am

Great Post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:42 am

Im sorry, despite being a great talent....the guy is a complete and utter wanker. Dont forget he was one of the players out till all hours before Boro. Ok he wasnt drinking but he still acted unprofessionally.

His attitude from November onwards was atrocious. Also Jay isnt a fighter. He is typical of our recent failures. If things arnt going his way he gives uo. Im sorry but I want someone who is going to fight for promotion, not sspend half the game sat on his arse or just dawdling about the pitch.

Also I've been told and I've read on here that he is a complete arsewipe to fans and is stuck up his own arse.

I've never been a fan of Bothroyd. Talented no doubt.....but I just hate his attitude.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:09 am

He's a professional footballer not earning any money right now. He clearly would prefer to play his football with us but he's not going to if it's not the right amount of money. Obviously our valuation of Jay differs from his own but that's just how it can be. I don't think he's done anything under hand. He wasn't born here. He hasn't said he wants to end his career here. Yes, he said he wouldn't play for Swansea due to his Cardiff loyalties. Perhaps loyalties was the wrong word to use and he should have said 'Cardiff history' but I don't hold any grudges against him for trying to maximise his career potential.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:39 am

The reason Jay got called up for England was not just his goals he scored but his workrate. First half of the season he would chase back to the half way line to win the ball back. That is why he got called up.

His first game after his call up was against Preston. He pulled a hamstring about 15 minutes into the game and since then was never the same. When he finally got back to full fitness he hardly ever ventured back into our half. So basically when a game was being played in the opponents half Jay would have a reasonable game. When it was in our half and there were quite a few games like that in the 2nd half of the season, Jay was none existant.

Another problem Jay faces is the fact because he is labelled a talented player we hardly saw any class moments from him. The QPR goal was the only one i can recall.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:26 am

jay is a bottler eg- play off final against blackpool all week leading up to the game we all knew he was injured but wanted to play, so what was agreed if he pulled up he would have a jab then on the day as we all know he pulled up but then refused the jab and that is fact one word to describe him BOTTLER

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:10 pm

confused now as i thought mozzer was the midfield general :?