Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THE NEW KIT

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:01 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
scotsjack wrote:Is this all building up to the fact that the new Swans kit doesn't have it? Or am I just being cynical?

More critical of CCFC if we don't have it.

I have to admit that I was quite surprised to find that the new Swans one doesn't have the Welsh flag on it somewhere though, doesn't bother me too much being Scottish, just a bit of a strange ommision.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:16 am

MALAYSIA across the shirt is not just a 'word', its the logo of a Government
campaign over there to sell the country to the world. So it makes perfect sense,
bringing more support from over there on board.

The little Welsh flag we had on our shirts was a nice touch, i liked it a lot.

But lets not forget before the "YOUVE SOLD OUR CLUB AND COUNTRY" posts
start going nuts...

The Club Badge has CARDIFF CITY written across it...

It also has the Welsh Dragon, on the front, ABOVE Malaysia!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Lets be practical... If the Welsh Assembly was willing to sponsor Cardiff to the tune
of £100 million then we would have WALES splattered across the front

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:59 pm

Do any of the English teams wear the rose on their shirts?

I don't see the point in the National flag being used on a club shirt tbh, Although it was a nice touch on the Last Ninian Park season tribute shirt.

Other than that - I'm not bothered either. As im not their to support Wales on the day. Just Cardiff City :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:12 pm

suprised there wasn't a few red trimmings on the shirt and shorts the we would have had the malaysian flag as well mabe next season

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Merlin wrote:Do any of the English teams wear the rose on their shirts?

I don't see the point in the National flag being used on a club shirt tbh, Although it was a nice touch on the Last Ninian Park season tribute shirt.

Other than that - I'm not bothered either. As im not their to support Wales on the day. Just Cardiff City :ayatollah:

Because Merlin my little iPhone geek we are only two teams in a League full of English teams. If it was the other way round they would have the ST George on there's. Maybe when one of them thinks of it,you never know it may become popular :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:05 pm

it better be on it or mine is going bk!!!!!

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Finally after years of complaining we got the Saltire on our tops

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Plain arms and back

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:10 pm

I won't be bothered if the Welsh tag isn't on it, to be honest.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:41 pm

Have heard that now City and the Jacks are under the jurisdiction of the FA they were asked not to include "Y Ddraig Goch" on their respective shirts, slightly unfair but if thats what it takes to get away from the FAW so be it. It must be noted that our nations flag is represented on the club crest and supporters will never be stopped from flying it. Ever!

Those of you who are implying that the Malaysians are trying to remove the Welshness from the club are seriously wide of the mark, just my opinion :ayatollah: