Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE NEW KIT

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:55 pm

As much as I think the use of Malaysia on the shirt will strengthen our links in the Far East, I would like to know if the Welsh Badge still appears on our shirt anywhere ?

Re: THE NEW KIT

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:56 pm

No one knows what the back looks like do they? So who knows. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:57 pm

prob have wales written on the back of the shirt knowing cardiff :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Did it last seasons? I can't be assed to check it's upstairs lol
Does it matter? Personally I'd like it.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:59 pm

It has Maylasia on the back aswell dunno about wales tho. Best have it`s been on there for years

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Did it last seasons? I can't be assed to check it's upstairs lol

Of course it matters Luke, we have an identity that I for one hope we can keep.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:01 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:No one knows what the back looks like do they? So who knows. :ayatollah:

Let's hope it does then.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:11 pm

I stand to be corrected but I think the Cardiff Kit only had the Welsh Flag on it since around 2003.

Prior to SH coming, I dont think it ever did, not in my memory anyway.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:13 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:I stand to be corrected but I think the Cardiff Kit only had the Welsh Flag on it since around 2003.

It was certainly a feature brought in by Sam, that was something that Sam wanted to give us and that was identity, so much so that he changed the badge to the St David's cross, not something I agreed with but understood the reasons.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:I stand to be corrected but I think the Cardiff Kit only had the Welsh Flag on it since around 2003.

It was certainly a feature brought in by Sam, that was something that Sam wanted to give us and that was identity, so much so that he changed the badge to the St David's cross, not something I agreed with but understood the reasons.

Carl, I was actually against Sam changing our Badge and told him so, Ridsdale at least changed it back, Sam let me down on that one :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Dont city usually have the welsh badge on the bottom left side on a little tag thingy nt sure

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:18 pm

carlccfc wrote:

I didnt agree with it either Carl, the Welsh Badges on the shirt was a nice idea and something that like yourself I hope continues. I hated it when he changed the badge though, we allready had an identity. That said, Iv got a lot of time for Sam Hammam for personal reasons, he did something for me that NO other Football Chairman in the country would have done and for that I can forgive him the badge change.. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Most probably got made in Thailand on the label though.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Warrior wrote:

i think Malaysia across the whole front is a bit to much.

It doesnt bother me to be honest mate but I can see where your coming from.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Did it last seasons? I can't be assed to check it's upstairs lol

The away one did, never bought the home kit.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Sans idea was one team behind Wales (we all knew it wouldn't happen) but that was Sams plan.

Like I said I would like the welsh badge, will I lose sleep over it? No.
I'd look at the shirt and think oh it hasn't got the Wales badge on it... Gutted and over it within seconds, maybe fire off an email with my opinion.

I'm here to support Cardiff city, we have a dragon on our crest, that's good enough.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Sans idea was one team behind Wales (we all knew it wouldn't happen) but that was Sams plan.

Like I said I would like the welsh badge, will I lose sleep over it? No.
I'd look at the shirt and think oh it hasn't got the Wales badge on it... Gutted and over it within seconds, maybe fire off an email with my opinion.

I'm here to support Cardiff city, we have a dragon on our crest, that's good enough.

I think it will have a Wales Flag on the side little tab thing like normal, because it was my understanding that all puma kits did that, like Spurs kit had an English flag tab on the side etc. Besides i'm sure someone in the PR team would have seen that minefield anyway.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:02 pm

canton blue wrote:Most probably got made in Thailand on the label though.

I know and they pay those Kids making them about 20p a day !! for which i totally agree with, Have you seen the state on the stitching ? They should get a thrashing as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 pm

Aw yeah, what a lovely kit we'll have.

Malaysia across the front,
Wales on the back,
Made in Thailand on the label.

Who needs a bloody holiday aye?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:24 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:Aw yeah, what a lovely kit we'll have.

Malaysia across the front,
Wales on the back,
Made in Thailand on the label.

Who needs a bloody holiday aye?

And a Scotsman wearing it :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:24 pm

And "Love Me Long Time" on the sleeves !!!

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:13 am

How? We still have a club thanks to foreign owners?

Have you ever sat at CCS and thought 3-0 win don't see write because of a sponsor? Or because we may or may not have a welsh badge on it?.... ??
What is a clubs identity? It's the fans... And we are still hear, wearing blue, with our club crest... We are Cardiff city more than ever.....

We are Cardiff city moving forward with malaysian thinks..... IMO that's better than trying to be Cardiff city "one Wales" as that to me just showed lack of realism.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:35 am

2blue2handle wrote:How? We still have a club thanks to foreign owners?

Have you ever sat at CCS and thought 3-0 win don't see write because of a sponsor? Or because we may or may not have a welsh badge on it?.... ??
What is a clubs identity? It's the fans... And we are still hear, wearing blue, with our club crest... We are Cardiff city more than ever.....

We are Cardiff city moving forward with malaysian thinks..... IMO that's better than trying to be Cardiff city "one Wales" as that to me just showed lack of realism.
good post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:06 am

i think Malaysia across the whole front is a bit to much.[/quote]

It doesnt bother me to be honest mate but I can see where your coming from.[/quote]

I agree with you, would be nice but not essential ????

If it's not maybe they can get them added from now on ???

ps I really like the look of the kit from the photos, it looks like the best one for ages :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:11 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
canton blue wrote:Most probably got made in Thailand on the label though.

I know and they pay those Kids making them about 20p a day !! for which i totally agree with, Have you seen the state on the stitching ? They should get a thrashing as well :lol: :lol: :lol:
a f*cking good birching IMO but Mrs B said the Joma kit was a much better material, and the quality was better, must of been done by 7 year olds :D :D

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:44 am

Baker started a thread on the other board yesterday saying that, he had heard that Cardiff and Swansea aren't having the Welsh flag on the kit like many seasons before due to us now being ruled by the English FA.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:48 am

I will be very disappointed if the Welsh badge is nowhere on the shirt. It's part of our culture.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:32 am

i have just pre ordered my home shirt and will look for the welsh badge :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:45 am

Is this all building up to the fact that the new Swans kit doesn't have it? Or am I just being cynical?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 am

scotsjack wrote:Is this all building up to the fact that the new Swans kit doesn't have it? Or am I just being cynical?

More critical of CCFC if we don't have it.