Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Am I the only 1 who doesn't give a sh!t about the Olympics?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:33 pm

I know it's ages away-and I may change my mind but I'm already fed up of the Olympics taking over! I'm not on about just the football, the whole thing I mean. It's the LONDON Olympics for a start, not U.K.

I'd rather watch a Carling Cup 1st round game! :lol:

Is it just me? :?

Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't give a sh!t about the Olympics?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:43 pm

You're not alone mate, I can't stand the stuff but I do have to admit I like watching the 100m Men's race due to how unreal it is how fast someone can run.

Although, lots of people are into it, I know a few people are as hyped up about it as we are hyped up about an upcoming new season.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Frantic wrote:You're not alone mate, I can't stand the stuff but I do have to admit I like watching the 100m Men's race due to how unreal it is how fast someone can run.

Although, lots of people are into it, I know a few people are as hyped up about it as we are hyped up about an upcoming new season.

Each to their own! Yeah the 100m final is about it for me too!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:58 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:I know it's ages away-and I may change my mind but I'm already fed up of the Olympics taking over! I'm not on about just the football, the whole thing I mean. It's the LONDON Olympics for a start, not U.K.

Best fortnight of telly every 4 years!! and for it to be in Britain is a bonus. I'm not bothered that it's mostly in London, I mean it has to be centred around one city to help the travelling spectators.

There's loads of variety, tv coverage 24/7, good old fashioned British patriotism, and some scantily clad beach volleyball :D

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Im not interested at all but love the winter olympics

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:49 pm

''Re: Am I the only 1 who doesn't give a sh!t about the Olympics?''

a couple of kenyans running around a fuc*ing track and over london bridge, with half a douzen hundred chinese taking pictures...
a few africans chasing after hussain bolt

and a second string great britain football side, full of half fit over rated ENGLAND B internationals.... and ramsey

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:55 pm

bring back tug of war :D

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Couldnt give a shit, the whole British thing doesn't interest me at all.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:09 pm

not for me,years ago it was only for ameteurs ,now full of highly paid professionals,...people paying a few hundred quid to watch the 100mts final....it dos,nt last ten seconds :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:21 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:I know it's ages away-and I may change my mind but I'm already fed up of the Olympics taking over! I'm not on about just the football, the whole thing I mean. It's the LONDON Olympics for a start, not U.K.

It's going to be a bit shit