Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PPI CLAIMS

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:42 pm

has anyone made a successfull claim :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: PPI CLAIMS

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Not me personally but know a few that have had great success with it, but so many going for it that it's slowing down a bit.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Did for my old man, letter template from CAB website, sent off didn't cost me a penny (bar postage) £2000 back. :ayatollah:

Mind you he was genuinely mis-sold he went to claim and was told he was not covered as self-employed

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:55 pm

joncandy wrote:Did for my old man, letter template from CAB website, sent off didn't cost me a penny (bar postage) £2000 back. :ayatollah:

Mind you he was genuinely mis-sold he went to claim and was told he was not covered as self-employed

sorry m8 didnet understand was he allowed moneys back being self employed

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:01 pm

beddau blue wrote:has anyone made a successfull claim :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have with Gladstone Brookes £1700 less 25% to them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:05 pm

castleblue wrote:

cheers m8 what info did they want,ive had so many loans over the years with me being self employed at the time but now im in employment ive lost all my old loan agreements any advice would be appreciated :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:13 pm

beddau blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

cheers m8 what info did they want,ive had so many loans over the years with me being self employed at the time but now im in employment ive lost all my old loan agreements any advice would be appreciated :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The one thats settled was on a credit card and it was basically the account number and what year you started paying and how was it sold to you, in that case it was over the telephone and the true cost wasn't properly explained to me.

They sent me a few forms and a statement regarding my claim and off they went. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

They are also doing a mortgage claim for me now which sort of dwarfs the other and I would advise anyone to use them, with the mortgage claim I had to pay £10 upfront which is nothing really.

Really good people at Gladstone Brookes but the 4 week claim is a little on the short side be prepared for 12 weeks but who cares if you get the money back.

And they are very good at doing it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:21 pm

go straight on the martin lewis website print off the forms and it doesnt cost you a penny :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:24 pm

They told me to do one, although evidence proves they are in the wrong. I chased it up once, cant be arsed chasing it up again. Its only a hundred or so.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:33 pm

baseboy007 wrote:They told me to do one, although evidence proves they are in the wrong. I chased it up once, cant be arsed chasing it up again. Its only a hundred or so.

chase it go straight to ombudsman (the form again is on martin lewis website) well worth it dont let the twats get away with it

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Hiya

i used to work for a PPI Claims Management Company and found it an eyeopener,

the company i worked for worked with an upfront fee per case, and then the percentage they charge and the backend i.e 25% they dont tell u VAT isnt included so ppl think they r getting a gd deal but then in the T&C's it states its 25% plus VAT so ppl are getting Minus 45% before they get there ££££ bk,

just be careful if u do go into 1 of these claims make sure u check if its VAT included or Not,

u can sometimes barter the backend percentage they take, depending on how many claims u are looking to make etc, and also get them 2 lower the upfront fee (if there is one)

:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:36 pm

It's a great idea to do. Just don't pay anyone else to do it for you, I work for a company that does it and they take thousands for doing somthing you could do yourself. 90% were miss sold and banks have admited it finaly do they are just paying out now. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:16 pm

if you go to the consumer action group website it has all the advice covering anything you can imagine.i claimed over £2000 back off barclays last year, though it took me 2 years through the fos. i have also claimed £100s in late payment charges from catolouge companies and null and voided £1000s of money to these firms because they cannot provide a original signed credit agreement.you'll be suprised in the rush for credit and commision based sales how many people are paying bills on cards when there are no signed credit agreements, meaning any debt owed is unenforable in law.