Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whose results are most important to you?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: " Wales or Cardiff City ? "

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Surprised you had to ask, Gwyn....!!

I'm Cardiff born, Cardiff bred....I stood on the Bob Bank, so I'm Blue in the head!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:43 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:what a no brainer bloooooooooooobirds all day :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Same for me, Wales have disappointed me so many times over the years and I don't go to many internationals these days, but although the city disappoint me almost as much, I will always follow the Bluebirds through thick and thin. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:04 pm

City every single time, its not even close.

I had the great fortune to be born Welsh and am proud of the fact - but I didn't have a say in that & I'm a City fan through choice :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Cardiff City first, foremost, every time, without any shadow of doubt, no contest!!!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Club by a Country mile. (pun intended) :D

You see the players week in and week out and follow everything they do. I can honestly say I only know a hand full of Welsh players clubs. Although I do like to see Wales doing well at anything sports related.I suppose if Wales were to do well in a tournament (yeah right) I would become a Glory hunter! :D :D

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Wales every time for me, Club is a club but as a patriot, Wales first every time :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:39 pm

this is impossible to answer, both are equally important, and should be to everyone

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:57 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:Sorry, but for me this is a no-brainer. CCFC all the way. Sounds awful but I gave up on Wales years ago! :(

Me too,i know its not very patriotic but if England are on the box at the same time il watch their game.CCFC every time for me.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:16 pm

Cardiff City.ays.
I always want Wales to do o.k.,but if they don't it doesn't bother me.If Cardiff lose then I dont read the sports pages or watch tv reports for about 3 days.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:29 pm

I love this club, I love the highs it can give you, the passion of the fans, the rollercoaster ride it presents. The rapport the players and fans get: RJ, Burke, Alexander, Thorne, Earnie, They can come back anytime and we would applaud them, but thats just recently they stretch down the years.

Wales football club is a limp fish, just like all international football is to me.

One Choice, CCFC. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:41 pm

what is this Wales you talk of? :?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:42 pm

Without a shadow of a doubt Cardiff City.

Gary Speed recently gave an interview to the Echo saying he thought Craig Bellamy should play in the Prem as opposed to the Bluebirds saying, "it would be better for the Wales team", well ask yourself would you prefer Bellamy playing for the Bluebirds or Man City or some other Prem team? if you think the Bluebirds then obviously your putting the City as more important than Wales and visa versa. Bloooooooobirds :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:22 am

Wales for me. :mrgreen:

Nah jokes, if the poll was "Wales or Swansea City" I'd go for Wales everytime.

I appreciate that the majority of football fans prefer their club to country but I'm extremely patriotic and therefore it would have to be Wales for me, I'd prefer to see Wales make a major tournament than Swansea City getting to the Premier League any day of the week. It's just a shame that hardly any of our players share that commitment to Wales.

And it's not just because we have English players playing for us, at the end of the day the Welsh born players are just as apathetic toward the team as our English players. On that note personally I don't think English players should play for Wales, but while they are allowed I don't think the likes of Ashley Williams should be excluded and in his defence the lad actually took the time out to learn Welsh history & our national anthem. Half of our Welsh born players know f*ck all about the country FFS and that's what takes the piss.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:49 am

SCFC10 wrote:Wales for me. :mrgreen:

I appreciate that the majority of football fans prefer their club to country but I'm extremely patriotic and therefore it would have to be Wales for me, I'd prefer to see Wales make a major tournament than Swansea City getting to the Premier League any day of the week. It's just a shame that hardly any of our players share that commitment to Wales.

And it's not just because we have English players playing for us, at the end of the day the Welsh born players are just as apathetic toward the team as our English players. On that note personally I don't think English players should play for Wales, but while they are allowed I don't think the likes of Ashley Williams should be excluded and in his defence the lad actually took the time out to learn Welsh history & our national anthem. Half of our Welsh born players know f*ck all about the country FFS and that's what takes the piss.

Nicely put..... FOR A JACK!!! ;)

The only way i can put it is: When Wales lose, there are tears in my eyes, when city lose, my heart bleeds!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:05 am

its a stupid question to be honest. i love Wales & Cardiff City. could never and would never choose one over the other as theres absolutely no need to.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:53 am

95% have voted for their club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:33 am

Hmmmm tuffy. cant split um :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:50 am

typical rugby fan.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:36 am

Im more of a Cardiffian than i am Welsh...

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:41 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:Even though I don't live in the UK let alone Wales I have a CCFC and Wales season ticket, am a member of the Wales Away supporters club thing and enjoy watching Wales away but when you see this...

101 Kuwait 320 0 0
102 Bolivia 312 0 0
103 Gambia 308 0 0
104 Syria 295 0 -2
104 Sudan 295 1 0
104 Angola 295 3 7
107 Oman 294 -1 4
108 Azerbaijan 288 -1 0
109 Togo 285 0 0
110 Guyana 284 0 0
111 United Arab Emirates 273 0 0
112 Suriname 267 0 0
113 Central African Republic 263 1 0
114 Wales 258 1 0
115 Korea DPR 255 3 3
116 Iceland 254 0 0
117 Tanzania 252 -5 -15
118 Sierra Leone 246 3 12
119 St. Kitts and Nevis 245 0 0
120 Thailand 242 0 6
121 Congo

I wonder why I bother :roll:

Although in fariness watching Wales has never really been about the football but the going away with a few like minded bunch of lads and having a laugh whilst seeing some "culture" ;) If you look through the full FIFA ranking table there are countries above us that I had to look up on google to find out where they were!

Cardiff is about football so I suppose by default they are by far the most important if I had to make a choice.

You take the FIFA world rankings seriously?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:44 pm

We don't support Waaaaaaahaaales so cardiff for me everytime...

oh hang on thats not right either :?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:31 pm

i care about both, i also care about merthyr town and tredegar town too! .... id also care about a great britain team at the olympics too.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Im a proud welshman and have follwed them home and abroad,

however when it comes to choosing between the 2 it has to be City without question.

Love Wales but literatlly LIVE the City.... no comparisson, CCFC defines me

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:22 am

Bloobirds101 wrote:

typical rugby fan.

How does me being extremely patriotic & full on proud to be Welsh make me a Rugby fan? :lol: I don't enjoy Rugby much at all, although it's not exactly the worst sport in the world. I am just fiercely proud to be Welsh, I'd support Cymru in anything. I'm ashamed to be half English, but just in blood only, not in my heart.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:29 am

AHERNE wrote:i care about both, i also care about merthyr town and tredegar town too! .... id also care about a great britain team at the olympics too.

Where are Merthyr Town FC at the moment mate? Do you think you could do a Newport in the near future? Surely you could sustain say 2,000 crowds or so at League 2 level which is enough to survive as a professional club. I'd love to see as many Welsh clubs in the FL as possible. All the best to both Wrexham & Newport next season too. Bangor City should also join the English Leagues, they're just wasting their time in the WPL.

And p.s has the Merthyr Town FC V Swans friendly match been confirmed yet? I think I read on your website that you were due to play "Swansea City youths" or something but I honestly don't remember. All I hope is that if the match goes ahead no one turns up looking for trouble, let's just all enjoy the day and hopefully raise a few quid for a fellow Welsh club.