Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whose results are most important to you?

You may select 1 option

View results

" Wales or Cardiff City ? "

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:28 pm

I did a poll amongst Welsh fans and it came out against a GB team in the Olympics but generally the 300 odd who were polled were not Cardiff or Swansea fans but generally National team fans and fans of non league Welsh clubs...they care more for their country than they do for club sides..I don't I LOVE WALES DOING WELL BUT CITY FIRST FOR ME EVERY TIME...HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT THIS...IS IT COUNTRY OR CLUB FIRST FOR YOU?

Re: Wales or City

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:29 pm

I can't possibly answer this. Both are equally important to me.

I know, I know, I've bottled this one :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:31 pm

As City fans we've had disappointment at Both Club & Country Level. I consider my self Welsh and would hate to have a GB football team as it would just give the English fans Ammunition to throw at us if they managed to win Gold... I.E. "We've got the best team in the world, all we need is Gareth Bale and we'll win everything".

I, and I'll probably speak for 99.9% of City fans, would put City winning the Premier League, before Wales winning the World Cup.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:31 pm

I love my club and country equally. And support both with the same enthusiasm and interest.

Re: " Wales or Cardiff City ? "

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:36 pm

I have been all over the world Supporting Cardiff City and Wales, But Wales do not even compare with My Love for Cardiff City, I follow Cardiff City week in week out. Hurt when Wales lose, Heartbroken when City lose.

SO its CARDIFF CITY FIRST, EVERY TIME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Fair play to you McMurdo....I love following Wales it is my birth right but believe me I really wish and hope we win every game, BUT I can walk away if we lose and accept it...If City lose I am gutted for days...there lies the difference for me...but everyone is different.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Even though I don't live in the UK let alone Wales I have a CCFC and Wales season ticket, am a member of the Wales Away supporters club thing and enjoy watching Wales away but when you see this...

101 Kuwait 320 0 0
102 Bolivia 312 0 0
103 Gambia 308 0 0
104 Syria 295 0 -2
104 Sudan 295 1 0
104 Angola 295 3 7
107 Oman 294 -1 4
108 Azerbaijan 288 -1 0
109 Togo 285 0 0
110 Guyana 284 0 0
111 United Arab Emirates 273 0 0
112 Suriname 267 0 0
113 Central African Republic 263 1 0
114 Wales 258 1 0
115 Korea DPR 255 3 3
116 Iceland 254 0 0
117 Tanzania 252 -5 -15
118 Sierra Leone 246 3 12
119 St. Kitts and Nevis 245 0 0
120 Thailand 242 0 6
121 Congo

I wonder why I bother :roll:

Although in fariness watching Wales has never really been about the football but the going away with a few like minded bunch of lads and having a laugh whilst seeing some "culture" ;) If you look through the full FIFA ranking table there are countries above us that I had to look up on google to find out where they were!

Cardiff is about football so I suppose by default they are by far the most important if I had to make a choice.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:45 pm

corky wrote:Fair play to you McMurdo....I love following Wales it is my birth right but believe me I really wish and hope we win every game, BUT I can walk away if we lose and accept it...If City lose I am gutted for days...there lies the difference for me...but everyone is different.

In a way, I feel the same, but I tend to take enjoyment from travelling to somewhere to watch Wales try yet still lose. It's actually a nicer feeling sometimes than watching a great Cardiff team underachieve. Football after all isn't all about winning as we all know (considering we follow Cardiff & Wales lol). I don't think those differing feelings between the two make me love one more than the other though - Cardiff make me feel a lot more heartbroken I suppose. I'm proud to be Welsh, I'm proud to be Cardiff born and bred, I'm proud of my city's football club and the sheer existence of my nations football team despite all the odds. Which is why, it's a firm NO to a Team GB from me.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Forgot to add that I don't care either way on the Team GB thing, its for the Olympics which, even though I still have a house in London (and a wife, I think) wouldn't cross the road to watch let alone part with beer vouchers to watch it.

Yes, I have read the crap about "its the end of the world as we know it" for the home nations but it isn't. All it means is that the freeloaders at the various FA's will get shafted, no bribe money, no free juants abroad on a jolly, etc which in the case of the Welsh FA is a good thing. I have no knowledge of the Scottish or Northern Island FA's although I do know a bit about the English FA so don't know or care how it would affect them.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:52 pm

ive voted for cardiff city because the results are important on weekly basis but wales comes in a very close 2nd. i love my club and my country.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:Even though I don't live in the UK let alone Wales I have a CCFC and Wales season ticket, am a member of the Wales Away supporters club thing and enjoy watching Wales away but when you see this...

101 Kuwait 320 0 0
102 Bolivia 312 0 0
103 Gambia 308 0 0
104 Syria 295 0 -2
104 Sudan 295 1 0
104 Angola 295 3 7
107 Oman 294 -1 4
108 Azerbaijan 288 -1 0
109 Togo 285 0 0
110 Guyana 284 0 0
111 United Arab Emirates 273 0 0
112 Suriname 267 0 0
113 Central African Republic 263 1 0
114 Wales 258 1 0
115 Korea DPR 255 3 3
116 Iceland 254 0 0
117 Tanzania 252 -5 -15
118 Sierra Leone 246 3 12
119 St. Kitts and Nevis 245 0 0
120 Thailand 242 0 6
121 Congo

I wonder why I bother :roll:

Although in fariness watching Wales has never really been about the football but the going away with a few like minded bunch of lads and having a laugh whilst seeing some "culture" ;) If you look through the full FIFA ranking table there are countries above us that I had to look up on google to find out where they were!

Cardiff is about football so I suppose by default they are by far the most important if I had to make a choice.

i think wales are unfairly ranked tbh

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:53 pm

I wrote Wales on Annis's facebook, but having thought about it I can't choose. I fell in love with Wales before Cardiff, but love them both equal now.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:09 pm

have no feelings either way about team GB,but i'd be amazed if the vast majority of club fans didn't put their own team before their country,Cardiff before Wales EVERY time...its the difference in Wales between rugby and football,ask most rugby supporters and they'd say the opposite...

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Im Welsh and dont give a f**k about Wales im cardiff and love cardiff i would rather watch England then Wales as i can handle supporting one team that lets me down time and time again but thats why i love the city

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:17 pm

"i think wales are unfairly ranked tbh"

Nope BB, they are ranked under the current system which in theory should take into account the standard of football played for example I think we get more points, are subracted less than say Burkina Fasso (its in Africa!) as European standards are much higher than African standards. Similarly, competitive games are ranked higher than friendlies although I think this means FIFA/UEFA/COCAF, etc sanctioned games so in the world of Blatter and his mates these would be regarded as "competitive". Its amazing what a few hundred thousand dollars can do, alledgedly of course!!!

I think Wales did get a pint or two for beating Northern Ireland but as they're shit as well not too many :lol:

So under the system we are ranked "fairly", whether the system is "fair" is a different matter but it was debated at great length by FIFA a few years ago.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:19 pm

what a no brainer bloooooooooooobirds all day :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:"i think wales are unfairly ranked tbh"

Nope BB, they are ranked under the current system which in theory should take into account the standard of football played for example I think we get more points, are subracted less than say Burkina Fasso (its in Africa!) as European standards are much higher than African standards. Similarly, competitive games are ranked higher than friendlies although I think this means FIFA/UEFA/COCAF, etc sanctioned games so in the world of Blatter and his mates these would be regarded as "competitive". Its amazing what a few hundred thousand dollars can do, alledgedly of course!!!

I think Wales did get a pint or two for beating Northern Ireland but as they're shit as well not too many :lol:

So under the system we are ranked "fairly", whether the system is "fair" is a different matter but it was debated at great length by FIFA a few years ago.

its debatable but i cant be arsed :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:20 pm

corky wrote:I did a poll amongst Welsh fans and it came out against a GB team in the Olympics but generally the 300 odd who were polled were not Cardiff or Swansea fans but generally National team fans and fans of non league Welsh clubs...they care more for their country than they do for club sides..I don't I LOVE WALES DOING WELL BUT CITY FIRST FOR ME EVERY TIME...HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT THIS...IS IT COUNTRY OR CLUB FIRST FOR YOU?

You should have put a 3rd choice of "both"

I can't choose

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:27 pm

lets be fair wales are a better football team than northern ireland ant they are further up in the rankings

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:29 pm

thomas9990 wrote:lets be fair wales are a better football team than northern ireland ant they are further up in the rankings

i think its biased to be honest

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
thomas9990 wrote:lets be fair wales are a better football team than northern ireland ant they are further up in the rankings

just a bit :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:39 pm

FIFA World Rankings are aload of bollocks, if you don't support Wales based off their ranking in that, you don't deserve Wales! :lol:

Pretty positive we are much better than the bloody Faroes and North Irish after all!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Im also going to abstain from the vote if I may :D

They are both equal to me.

I might think that Cardiff City come first but that is because League Football is played week in week out.

Wathcing Wales has been dissapointing over the last few years, but the highs for me (94 WC Qualifying Campaign) in on par when it comes to excitement and feeling.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:07 pm

Sorry, but for me this is a no-brainer. CCFC all the way. Sounds awful but I gave up on Wales years ago! :(

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:10 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

I can't be arsed to cut and paste the FIFA ranking system workings, probably have to pay a bribe to do so anyway, but its on the FIFA site if you want to find out how it works.

As I siad earlier, there are some countries above us that you'd need to google or for us old folk, get the atlas out!!

We even lost to Scotland recently and they didn't even cheat, that is how far we have fallen..........

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:12 pm

I don't see why I would ever have to pick. Love both.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:14 pm

CCFC all the way.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:15 pm

I gotta be honest with everyone, I dont get where this Wales - Cardiff debate is getting anyone. I put them both equally even tho all my money goes on watching Cardiff City...............Wales is our country, Cardiff City has FEW welsh players. Thats not me saying support Wales over Cardiff, its just a point im making. Just support them both. Without Wales, u have no Cardiff. WELSH AND PROUD!!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Club by a long long mile.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:24 pm

No conflict here - Cardiff City is my club & I was born in Wales , choose to live & work in Wales & will be buried here ! I can quite happliy live with both particularly when I hear " WE are your CAPITAL" ringing out from the CCS faithful when we play the JB Gypos .