Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Atkins diet

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:14 pm

Bondi Bluebird wrote:A good tip I once heard is that you only need to shop around the edges of the supermarket. Meat, Veggies, fruit, dairy products etc. All the shit is when you go up and down the aisles.

But in tesco crisps and chocolate is always on offer at the end of the aisle :O

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:18 pm

tom270790 wrote:
Mafor wrote:Gotta lose some for the summer and new season im fatter than Chopra and Parkin put together 15 and half stone.
Starting tomorrow -Anyone join me in the best blokes diet going

Forget those girly salad and veg diets

Atkins is the king --eat plenty of meat , Cheese ,Eggs but cut out the evil Carbs--i.e chips, bread ,potato
even have a few pints--

Done it years ago and lost easy--cant be doing with the Rabbit food.

You need carbs its one of the worst diets cause it will eat away at your muscles for energy so half the weight you do lose is actually muscle not fat...

No you dont need carbs.

Once your body goes into ketosis it uses fat as its main energy source rather than carbs. The only negative of the atkins is lack of concentration due to lack of an immediate energy source and kidney problems which are extremely rare.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:00 am

This is my general routine on a saturday;

Breakfast : 2 bacon, 2 eggs, beans, 2 hash and a couple of slices of toast, washed down with enough tea to fill a flowerpot.

Depart house, head to Canton for a pre match pair of steak bakes from Greggs

Head into Goscombe for 4 pints of Bow.

Go to stadium, have a pint and a pie before KO

Half time- work on bow consumption

Full time, work off pints with a brisk walk up sloper road on route to Forresters.

Home : dinner - lovingly prepared by the wife, because 'love, I'm famished, haven't eaten all day'

You lads should ditch the Atkins etc and try this method, then you too could have a gut like a 45 gallon drum, and a head like a box of crisps! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:05 am

This diet sounds stupid: just eat less sweet stufff and do more exercise. I run about 6-7miles a day broken into three chunks. 2miles as fast as you can in the morning. 2miles of interval training in the afternoon and 3miles of cardio in the evening. You'll feel sick and faint but don't stop and faint when you get home.

Anyway that works for me and as long as your disciplined enough I don't see why it won't work for you.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:50 am

Xentol wrote:This diet sounds stupid: just eat less sweet stufff and do more exercise. I run about 6-7miles a day broken into three chunks. 2miles as fast as you can in the morning. 2miles of interval training in the afternoon and 3miles of cardio in the evening. You'll feel sick and faint but don't stop and faint when you get home.

Anyway that works for me and as long as your disciplined enough I don't see why it won't work for you.

this

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:06 am

morph1927 wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Didnt Atkins die of heart attack at the age of 49.........?

I'm not 100% but i recall him dying because of his diet!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Indirectly. He was in hospital for something (maybe a hypo) and they gave him a load of glucoze. His body wasn't used to the stuff and reacted badly resulting in his death.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:13 am

Bloobirds101 wrote:Once your body goes into ketosis it uses fat as its main energy source rather than carbs. The only negative of the atkins is lack of concentration due to lack of an immediate energy source and kidney problems which are extremely rare.

I suspect you are not as familiar with ketosis as you think you are. Ketosis is a serious medical condition whereby the body produces energy in a less efficient way a side product of which are ketones. Ketones are toxic to the body.

A lack of concentration is not to be dismissed too quickly as it can easily lead to death if say in control of a vehicle.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:47 am

Im fighting the urge to lie in this thread but i wont :ayatollah:

after a long winter off beer and football, i needed to loose weight for cricket season.
but im to lazy top get up and go running sooo, (dont laugh) i did 15mins running every morning on the WI FIT :oops: :oops: 30 jacknives, and 5 mins power boxing every morning.

would then have scrambled egg or something similer for breaky, then take a salad / chix wrap to work, then have something big for tea, basically i would have anything within reason apart from chips.

i lost a stone and a half in a month, (now around 12st 6) and felt great, now i have scrapped the diet, and am back to eating shit again, but am playing cricket and football, and my weight hasnt changed since my month of dieting.

so my advice is dont go mad, just get slightly more active, get rid of your frying pan, chocs, chips and takeaways. :ayatollah: