Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

when a new manager arrives

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:11 pm

when a manager arrives at his new club most of the time they are linked to :ayatollah: old players at there previous clubs so anyone know if any of the watford players would be of any use to us??????????

Re: when a new manager arrives

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Cowie
Eustace
Sordell :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Absolutely NONE of them would be of any use to you!

To be honest, I'd be very disappointed if Malky poached any of our players as he was very critical of Brenda Rodgers doing exactly that to us 2 years ago.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:28 pm

anotherhornet wrote:Absolutely NONE of them would be of any use to you!

To be honest, I'd be very disappointed if Malky poached any of our players as he was very critical of Brenda Rodgers doing exactly that to us 2 years ago.

hi watford fan,is that your honest opinion that the current watford side have no tidy players?,i know that your best 2 players hae moved on already and ellington looking certan to sign for ipswich,would nt you recomend any of them?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:35 pm

caerblue wrote:

hi watford fan,is that your honest opinion that the current watford side have no tidy players?,i know that your best 2 players hae moved on already and ellington looking certan to sign for ipswich,would nt you recomend any of them?

We've got some very good players, my point is that you're not welcome to them! We're already operating with the smallest, youngest squad in the division and really can't afford to lose anyone else.

We're most concerned at losing our experienced players Eustace & Taylor, as well as Cowie in midfield. I'd be surprised if MM would want Sordell, I think he'll be looking for someone who's more of the finished article.

As for Ellington, he is one of the worst players we've ever had the misfortune to have on our books - paid an absolute fortune, but was just so lazy & couldn't give a carp. To get him off the payroll has increased our budget significantly!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:40 pm

anotherhornet wrote:
caerblue wrote:

We've got some very good players, my point is that you're not welcome to them! We're already operating with the smallest, youngest squad in the division and really can't afford to lose anyone else.

We're most concerned at losing our experienced players Eustace & Taylor, as well as Cowie in midfield. I'd be surprised if MM would want Sordell, I think he'll be looking for someone who's more of the finished article.

As for Ellington, he is one of the worst players we've ever had the misfortune to have on our books - paid an absolute fortune, but was just so lazy & couldn't give a carp. To get him off the payroll has increased our budget significantly!

i see your point but we werent welcome to malky but we got him,unfortunately its part of football we ve lost certain players we d rather have kept ove past few season so we ll see i suppose in the next month or so if he does go back to watford to take certain players

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:19 pm

anotherhornet wrote:
caerblue wrote:

i thought this would happen :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:26 pm

:ayatollah: :D :lol: