Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Craig Conway Done deal!!!............ "

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:48 pm

From Facebook

Graeme Brown

Very good player. Gave us (Aberdeen) the run around and scored against us a couple of times. Loads of potential and know that Craig Levein rates him. Just glad he's went to the Bluebirds instead of the Huns... :-)
35 seconds ago · Unlike · 2 people

Re: Craig Conway Done deal!!!............

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:52 pm

PtB wrote:If he shows the promise he did at United then I think he can do well for us. :ayatollah:

Nothing good ever came out of Scotland :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:From Facebook

Graeme Brown

Very good player. Gave us (Aberdeen) the run around and scored against us a couple of times. Loads of potential and know that Craig Levein rates him. Just glad he's went to the Bluebirds instead of the Huns... :-)
35 seconds ago · Unlike · 2 people

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:29 pm

If Fifa 11's anything to go by then this guy's gonna be a star in this league!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:35 pm

lewis91 wrote:yeovil away to get me started and then hopefully beat my 12 aways from last season. try and get around 15 done :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

u should go to beat my score from last season ;P :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:47 pm

Great signing if it goes through. Hope we sign him and Taylor within a few days. Our left hand side would be sorted. Both quick, and can turn a game around by them selves. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:57 pm

How much would his value be if he was under contract ?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:00 pm

If this signing comes off, I'm really excited by it.

He sounds like a cracking player.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:36 pm

skybluebird wrote:
PtB wrote:If he shows the promise he did at United then I think he can do well for us. :ayatollah:

Harsh chief :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:59 pm

PtB wrote:
skybluebird wrote:

Harsh chief :lol:

Just spoke to my nephew who lives in Glasgow (who is a Rangers season ticket holder) about Craig Conway.....really rates him. Says he can swing in dangerous crosses and was the main provider for Goodwillie. Thinks he is a better all round player than Burkey? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Bob Hatton wrote:Quality signing :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Craig Conway chooses Cardiff City over Rangers

Page last updated at 13:26 GMT, Tuesday, 21 June 2011 14:26 UK

By Jim Spence
BBC Scotland
Conway made 137 appearances for United during his time on Tayside
Cardiff City have beaten Rangers in the race to sign out-of-contract Scotland winger Craig Conway.

The former Dundee United winger says he has agreed terms with Cardiff City and will have a medical in the next few days with the Championship side.

"I was really impressed by [Cardiff manager] Malky Mackay when I met him when he was manager at Watford," Conway, 26, told BBC Scotland.

Cardiff, who face a big rebuilding process, have refused to comment.

Conway's agent, Mark Donaghy, held talks with Rangers last week but no offer was made by the Ibrox club.

New Cardiff manager Mackay was keen to sign Conway during his time as Watford manager.

Conway was signed for Dundee United by then manager Craig Brewster in June 2006.

He has made two appearances for Scotland and scored two goals in Utd's 3-0 win over Ross County in the 2010 Scottish Cup final.

Along with Rangers and Watford, he had been a target for a number of English clubs including Leicester City and Leeds United.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:10 pm

No such thing as a done deal until he has put pen to paper. Until that is done there is still a chance for another club to snatch him or for contract discussions with us to breakdown. Only done deal once a contract has been signed.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:No such thing as a done deal until he has put pen to paper. Until that is done there is still a chance for another club to snatch him or for contract discussions with us to breakdown. Only done deal once a contract has been signed.

Yep.

City been pretty professional about this

Shame about Conways agent!

Except i guess he'd say he's being the consumate agent!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:55 pm

GarethGardner wrote:Excellent start to new signings. Skillfull, great pace and both footed. Well Done Malky :ayatollah:

the joys of having a hard hitting scottish manager :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:12 pm

Hope it comes off for us be nice to bag the first signing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Bob Hatton wrote:Quality signing :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Craig Conway chooses Cardiff City over Rangers

Page last updated at 13:26 GMT, Tuesday, 21 June 2011 14:26 UK

By Jim Spence
BBC Scotland
Conway made 137 appearances for United during his time on Tayside
Cardiff City have beaten Rangers in the race to sign out-of-contract Scotland winger Craig Conway.

The former Dundee United winger says he has agreed terms with Cardiff City and will have a medical in the next few days with the Championship side.

"I was really impressed by [Cardiff manager] Malky Mackay when I met him when he was manager at Watford," Conway, 26, told BBC Scotland.

Cardiff, who face a big rebuilding process, have refused to comment.

Conway's agent, Mark Donaghy, held talks with Rangers last week but no offer was made by the Ibrox club.

New Cardiff manager Mackay was keen to sign Conway during his time as Watford manager.

Conway was signed for Dundee United by then manager Craig Brewster in June 2006.

He has made two appearances for Scotland and scored two goals in Utd's 3-0 win over Ross County in the 2010 Scottish Cup final.

Along with Rangers and Watford, he had been a target for a number of English clubs including Leicester City and Leeds United.

Not a done deal until he "puts pen to paper" to use the hackneyed phrase

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:No such thing as a done deal until he has put pen to paper. Until that is done there is still a chance for another club to snatch him or for contract discussions with us to breakdown. Only done deal once a contract has been signed.

Sorry didn't see this until I'd posted mine!!! Pure coincidence that my post is so similar to your first sentence.

Great minds and all that.
Last edited by Elwood Blues on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:43 pm

I really hope this deal goes through. Craig Conway looks a very very good player! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:44 pm

If he is out of contract on July 1st he might have already signed with us, stop shitting ;]

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Brilliant start to Malky's career at Cardiff, well done MM and GJ.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:17 am

quadsas wrote:If he is out of contract on July 1st he might have already signed with us, stop shitting ;]

if he'd already signed we'd know about it

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:35 pm

He plays on the left, he plays on the riiiiiiiiiight
That boy Craig Conway, makes Routledge look SHITE.

:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:38 pm

Just been on the CCS pitch with him, he,s pretty small :D :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:20 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Just been on the CCS pitch with him, he,s pretty small :D :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

how the hell were you on the pitch with him? :lol: :lol: :lol:
:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:48 pm

" Mini UPDATE By Carl Curtis "
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50994 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: