Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" M Mackay's Transfer Policy & Team Culture/Approach "

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:11 pm

MM is still on holiday, however his enthusiasm for his new role was not only evident when he flew back for an interview, but also in his coordination of transfer targets if reports in the Echo are to be believed.

There are some good and exciting names we're being linked with at the moment, however in contrast to DJ's era I'm in more anticipation of the calibre of player mentally MM will target, not just their physical attributes. I think we can safely assume DJ's transfer philosophy for the most part was to target 'bigger' names who've fallen by the wayside, with a view to gettin them cheap and reigniting their career - this was certainly evident in the last 2 seasons of DJ's control.

However, whilst analysing MM's tenure at Watford and his various media addresses since becoming City manager you can conclude that MM will target a certain type of player - a player who's work ethic, approach to training, and sheer willimgness to succeed in his profession mirrors his own standards, but nit necessarily a 'big' or 'household' name.

This policy I believe will be crucial in our success this coming season as the aforementioned qualities are certainly consistent with the attributes displayed by previously promoted teams from the Championship.

I can't wait to watch a team that will be rigidly prepared, but with a culture embedded that will promote a style of football that allows attacks to flourish, pleasing on the eye of the supporter - this I believe MM will deliver as for the first time in his short managerial career hes being backed financially by the board.

This will happen, I firmly believe it...but we may have tp wait until a couple of games into Septemer or even Ocotober for it to materialise, given the size of the re-build job and new environment MM is working in.

Stay with him boys and he will deliver - BELIEVE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " M Mackay's Transfer Policy & Team Culture/Approach "

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:18 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:21 pm

great post! :ayatollah:

IN MALKY WE TRUST :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:22 pm

hope your right mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Jon, Really enjoyed reading your post, ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:34 pm

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:34 pm

hes not going to tolerate any pissing about

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:39 pm

well im,e with u all the way on the commitment from the newboy lol. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: i realy think he will go all the way we as supporters . must an will back him an we must b as commited :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:50 pm

great read in mm we trust i beleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:03 pm

I agree..... a NEW Cardiff City next season and it will be a massive breath of fresh air!! So glad DJ has gone!!! I really like the sound of MM so far!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:11 pm

:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:21 pm

lets hope he is attack minded although i think he will concentrate on Defence first

The staistics indicate thy at he should do anyway

Watford actually scored more goals than us last year 77 to our 76
But they let in a bad total of 71 5th worst in the league.
We let in 56.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Awesome post ... Sounds gooooooood :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:17 pm

That is a cracking post, Malky Mackay press conference was very impressive a man with passion said the right things he certainly is aware of what the club means to the fans

It is going to be an intersting couple of weeks as he rebuilds the squad and stamps his authority on the place.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:27 pm

He reminds me of Brendan Rodgers the way he approaches players and the sort of players he seem's to be going for. Quick and willing to run at defenders, but also play the ball on the floor. Something we've been lacking for years

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:32 pm

spot on any slackers he will boot them up the ass :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Enjoyable, thought provoking post. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:02 pm

very good post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:07 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:He reminds me of Brendan Rodgers the way he approaches players and the sort of players he seem's to be going for. Quick and willing to run at defenders, but also play the ball on the floor. Something we've been lacking for years

i thought that to

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Top post, some very good points made.

All the negativety of 'we aint signed a player' 'we aint got a starting 11' 'were heading for a bottom half finish' ect taken away with 1 single post.

Im quite happy with our back 5 (if we get taylor) yes we need back up, but its a back 5 capable of a top 6 finish.
2 cm to fit in with whitts/conway.
2 strikers

And we have a starting 11

Also darcy blake, wildig, farah ect

I also think we will sign a few players like cowie from watford.

I will be happy with a top 10 finish in our first new season in 'our new era'
And push on next year, its realistic, and not too expectant. Anyone who boos cos we aint in the automatics and winning games 3-0 needs a re-think of they're expectations.
Rome wernt built in a day..

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Please no "In Malky we Trust" posts.

Its the most vomit inspiring statements that any football supporter can make and ultimately tends to be embarressing (In Rafa, Wenger, Bryan Robson etc etc).

Just don't go there.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:05 am

ytic wrote:Top post, some very good points made.

All the negativety of 'we aint signed a player' 'we aint got a starting 11' 'were heading for a bottom half finish' ect taken away with 1 single post.

Im quite happy with our back 5 (if we get taylor) yes we need back up, but its a back 5 capable of a top 6 finish.
2 cm to fit in with whitts/conway.
2 strikers

And we have a starting 11

Also darcy blake, wildig, farah ect

I also think we will sign a few players like cowie from watford.

I will be happy with a top 10 finish in our first new season in 'our new era'
And push on next year, its realistic, and not too expectant. Anyone who boos cos we aint in the automatics and winning games 3-0 needs a re-think of they're expectations.
Rome wernt built in a day..

What your actually saying is that we need LESS players this season than we did
this time last year ;)

I think we will be pushing for promotion from DAY ONE

But there will be less pressure on Malky, as its his first season, and that will only
improve the atmosphere down at the Club. The ideal scenario is of a vibrant
young team with a few old heads enjoying their football, LOOKING FORWARD to
training and chomping at the bit for Saturday to come along!!! :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:44 pm

CityBlue1 wrote::ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I f*cking love that avatar :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:58 am

fantastic read this time of morning really gets you in the right frame of mind to face a day in work :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: