Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Andy Keogh...

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:31 am

Were desperate for strikers at the moment and although he is contracted to Wolves for another year i don't think he is going to make their 25 man squad and i think we could get him relativity cheap.

Anyone else think he could do a job? :ayatollah:

Re: Andy Keogh...

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:36 am

got alot of heart. but i just dont see how he would benifit us. what type of stiker he is or anything !!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:36 am

this guy supposed to be good too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_John ... can_soccer)

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:37 am

a horse with no name wrote:this guy supposed to be good too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_John ... can_soccer)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:38 am

To be honest, i think keogh isnt bad, he prefers the ball played on the flooy rather than hoofed up to him.

jezzy666 wrote:got alot of heart. but i just dont see how he would benifit us. what type of stiker he is or anything !!

I can get what you mean but the guy never stopped running and would chase and we didn't play to his strengths under DJ , i really think he could do a job under the right manager :ayatollah:

for a second there i thought you meant the Andy Keogh we had on loan last season haha, ooh wait........

there was no difference between him and eddie johnson, both solid workers, no start product, no middle product, and no end product, .... seemed lost every game, and lets face it, 2 crazy moments give him two goals........reminds me of eddie

theres better players out there, and cheaper and some on free's

e.g. earnie, jay, kevin philips...........ect ect

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:41 am

bluebird04 wrote:for a second there i thought you meant the Andy Keogh we had on loan last season haha, ooh wait........

there was no difference between him and eddie johnson, both solid workers, no start product, no middle product, and no end product, .... seemed lost every game, and lets face it, 2 crazy moments give him two goals........reminds me of eddie

I do get what you mean, there is a lot of people i would choose ahead of him, I was just trying to be realistic :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:41 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:54 am

To be honest I though he did ok-ish when here. He is never a big man upfront type of player.
And that is exactly what DJ tried to make him play. He worked his bollox off, but because the ball was lumped forward there wasn't alot he could do.

But saying all that, I don't think he is a player that we should be looking at.

Think we need to be looking for someone like Darius Henderson. We'd then hopefully have a front line of Bellers/Earnie (transfers permitting) with Henderson/Beast.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 am

not really, didn't mind him but didn't think enough of him to get him a contract

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:23 am

Er... No Thanks. Lets move forward not backwards. I was not at all impressed with him, not good enough for us.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:39 am

KyleV wrote:To be honest I though he did ok-ish when here. He is never a big man upfront type of player.
And that is exactly what DJ tried to make him play. He worked his bollox off, but because the ball was lumped forward there wasn't alot he could do.

But saying all that, I don't think he is a player that we should be looking at.

Think we need to be looking for someone like Darius Henderson. We'd then hopefully have a front line of Bellers/Earnie (transfers permitting) with Henderson/Beast.

Haha, ask Sheffield United fans what they think of Henderson and you might change your mind on that. He's f****** s***. :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:31 pm

I like Keogh just for the pure fact he runs his socks off and trys to perform as best he can no matter how good/bad a game hes having. Hes a determined young lad who doesnt give up but unfortunately we need strikers who can score goals and i dont find him a natural goalscorer.

Sylvan Ebanks Blake on the other hand........Yes Please! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:48 pm

bluebird04 wrote:for a second there i thought you meant the Andy Keogh we had on loan last season haha, ooh wait........

clearly a plastic that didn't see his late winner against Millwall. The CCS was raving when Keogh headed that in. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNUC6xg2Ee8

DA DA DA DA, ANDY KEOGH, DA DA DA DA, ANDY KEOGH. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:26 pm

no way stay well away nooooooooooo :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:55 pm

adamt958 wrote:Were desperate for strikers at the moment and although he is contracted to Wolves for another year i don't think he is going to make their 25 man squad and i think we could get him relativity cheap.

Anyone else think he could do a job? :ayatollah:

Worked very very hard but dont rate him, not for us :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Surely you can not be serious :?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:15 pm

Nope, not for me. I'd rather we sign Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Oh wait.........................! :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:31 pm

Not for me....

Tried really hard but no class near goal....

I used to call him 'Headless' (as in chicken) cos he'd run around all day with no idea as to why.... :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:43 pm

one of the least effective players i've seen at this level, we averaged something crazy like 1.1 points a game when he played (almost relegation form) compared to almost 2 points with bothroyd in the team

feeney, eddie, keogh all fit into the same category

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:56 pm

http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa-transfer-list

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Thought he was shite personally

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:04 pm

he wil be about as much use as warren feeney could perhaps keep out out of relagation with his small contribution though..