Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I'D BE HAPPY IF JAY RETURNS

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:29 am

I,m sure Malky is the sort of bloke to get the best out of him, with Jay it's so much in his head, because without doubt he is one of the most gifted players I've seen at Cardiff in my 44 years of watching the team.

As I have said in many previous posts, when Jay plays well the team buzzes, unfortunatley when he's off the boil under Jones there appeared to be no plan B. :old:

Re: I'D BE HAPPY IF JAY RETURNS

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:31 am

i wouldn't. he's a petulant prima donna who spends most of the time on the floor whinging. i would rather a half decent player who was willing to give his all.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:32 am

BigGwynram wrote:I,m sure Malky is the sort of bloke to get the best out of him, with Jay it's so much in his head, because without doubt he is one of the most gifted players I've seen at Cardiff in my 44 years of watching the team.

As I have said in many previous posts, when Jay plays well the team buzzes, unfortunatley when he's off the boil under Jones there appeared to be no plan B. :old:

I fully agree, if theres a chance of gettin him whilst we're not being held to ransom we should go for it - like you say under MM's disciplinarian approach both he and the team would thrive, and its just what he needs :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:38 am

jamccfc wrote:i wouldn't. he's a petulant prima donna who spends most of the time on the floor whinging. i would rather a half decent player who was willing to give his all.

I agree but on his day he's still a class act this level tho Jamie , Im his biggest critic but he still did a great job for CCFC :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:39 am

If he hadn't spent so much time whining on the floor in the play off semi then we may have come away with some goals. Unfortunately he's one of these players who doesn't play to the whistle. Absolute waste of space who only scores goals when he feels like it.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:36 am

Incredible, if we have a chance of getting Jay back here then we should grab it with both hands, an hugely talented player and a match winner. People on here seem to have very short memories.

Same with Whitts, yes he and Jay can be lazy and blow hot and cold but all the top sides have players like that. You can have 2 or 3 luxury players in a side providing the other 8 or 9 bust a gut and that's why we failed last season because we didnt have that.

If we keep Whitts and sign Jay back we have the start of a good squad which Malky can build on. Considering people are talking about 1 million for Whitts and nothing for Jay as he's on a free it would be impossible to replace 2 players of their talent for £1 million.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:41 am

Bunk wrote:Incredible, if we have a chance of getting Jay back here then we should grab it with both hands, an hugely talented player and a match winner. People on here seem to have very short memories.

Same with Whitts, yes he and Jay can be lazy and blow hot and cold but all the top sides have players like that. You can have 2 or 3 luxury players in a side providing the other 8 or 9 bust a gut and that's why we failed last season because we didnt have that.

If we keep Whitts and sign Jay back we have the start of a good squad which Malky can build on. Considering people are talking about 1 million for Whitts and nothing for Jay as he's on a free it would be impossible to replace 2 players of their talent for £1 million.

agree bunk

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:55 am

JURY'S STILL OUT
on this one im afraid, his gravity arse came into effect to many times last season

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:08 am

If we could get Jay back on 10K a week plus a goal bonus we should sign him because he is capable of 25 goals just need a Manager who will not tolerate him falling on his arse 9/10 times a game that Manager could be Mackay.

To get a striker who could probably guarantee us 25 goals we are probably going to have to pay 1.5 - 2m plus wages which means securing Jay on a free with a new Manager to give him a kick up the backside is a no brainer :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:13 am

blueheaven wrote:If we could get Jay back on 10K a week plus a goal bonus we should sign him because he is capable of 25 goals just need a Manager who will not tolerate him falling on his arse 9/10 times a game that Manager could be Mackay.

To get a striker who could probably guarantee us 25 goals we are probably going to have to pay 1.5 - 2m plus wages which means securing Jay on a free with a new Manager to give him a kick up the backside is a no brainer :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Earnie was on either £2K or £4K a goal under Jones when Sam was here ...... nobody moaning about that then so why not have a goal bonus for ALL strikers ??

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:17 am

Looks like he may be off to QPR! :ayatollah:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28913474/

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:21 am

BigGwynram wrote:I,m sure Malky is the sort of bloke to get the best out of him, with Jay it's so much in his head, because without doubt he is one of the most gifted players I've seen at Cardiff in my 44 years of watching the team.

jays behaviour was down to jones. dave jones was either to scared or clueless regarding jays on and off the field antics.
a number of times when jay fell over and the play carried on i watched jones and he did nothing but just stand there.
but i feel mackay will not put up with that crap so yes bring jay back but on terms which include lower wage but appearence and goal bonuses :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:33 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
blueheaven wrote:If we could get Jay back on 10K a week plus a goal bonus we should sign him because he is capable of 25 goals just need a Manager who will not tolerate him falling on his arse 9/10 times a game that Manager could be Mackay.

Earnie was on either £2K or £4K a goal under Jones when Sam was here ...... nobody moaning about that then so why not have a goal bonus for ALL strikers ??

Agreed Mart, The way forward is to pay all our players a decent wage with bonuses for finishing Top 6 and a massive bonus for promotion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:42 am

Exactly Jeff ..... if they want a pay rise then score a f*cking goal or 2 :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:26 pm

I would like to see us move towards a Performance based Bonus Structure.

I would propose that a bonus be based on the winning marging - as opposed to a Win Bonus.

For Example
Everyones Bonus is set at 10% of their weekly wage.

So for someone on £12,500 per week, when we win 4-1, that player would receive:

£1250 x 3 = £3750 bonus

Benefits
1) No more sitting back on a one goal lead - only to draw the game
2) Plenty of goals.
3) Every Position has the same bonus structure and therefore the same incentive to score/not concede
4) Likelihood of more points
5) Players who score more are going to be worth more - (and therefore bonuses recouped once/if sold)

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:29 pm

too much time on his arse , get rid

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Defo have him back, first half of the season he was one of, if not the best player in the championship and was tearing teams apart for fun ... went downhill after that, but with a good summer break he could repeat what he started off with last year ...

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:32 pm

It's certainly one to ponder! Personally I would like him back! Where else would we get an England International who scored 20 goals last season on a free? Jays a great player and I think Malky could get him firing! Completely understand those who aernt so keen but I really feel he is a class act and in his day one of the top 3 players in this league! He's worth the hassle!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:43 pm

He will sign for QPR I heard somewhere. We need someone new.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:49 pm

He is going to QPR.

I posted this months ago.

He will sign for them shortly unless Warnock has a change of heart.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:54 pm

sorry gwyn not for me he has a square ass to lazy lets move on not backwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:05 pm

I have thought long and hard about this Gwyn, Jay Fails to Deliver on the Big Stage, thats why he is not a Premiership player.
Most talented Gifted player in this Division by far, but Lazy, No guts or Determination. So its a NO for me.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I have thought long and hard about this Gwyn, Jay Fails to Deliver on the Big Stage, thats why he is not a Premiership player.
Most talented Gifted player in this Division by far, but Lazy, No guts or Determination. So its a NO for me.

totally agree

hes a big time charlie

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I would like to see us move towards a Performance based Bonus Structure.

I would propose that a bonus be based on the winning marging - as opposed to a Win Bonus.

For Example
Everyones Bonus is set at 10% of their weekly wage.

So for someone on £12,500 per week, when we win 4-1, that player would receive:

£1250 x 3 = £3750 bonus

Benefits
1) No more sitting back on a one goal lead - only to draw the game
2) Plenty of goals.
3) Every Position has the same bonus structure and therefore the same incentive to score/not concede
4) Likelihood of more points
5) Players who score more are going to be worth more - (and therefore bonuses recouped once/if sold)

i like this paul i think it would help the club too, give more structure to the wage packet soffered, new players would know they got the same chance of earning more as the rest of the team, could work out expencive mind :o should set the bonus at 2% :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:52 pm

i think he lost the plot a bit to mutch . over little tackles and went to ground to easy ?? but on his day was an could b fantastic :ayatollah: :ayatollah: . but only turned up for the ones he wanted ?? :oops: .

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:17 pm

no thanks

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Didn't Jonesy get the credit for getting the best out of him after he failed to live up to his potential at numerous other clubs??

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Sludge wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

totally agree

hes a big time charlie

Spot on Sludge :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:58 pm

One of the things I'm hoping to see this season is a team of hard workers, grafters who will chase, harry, not allow the opposition time to dwell on the ball and show a bit of character when the chips are down.

For all Jay's undoubted abilities I don't think he'd fit into that sort of set up at all.

So no thanks from me.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:59 pm

Nah like a panto queen only turned up when it suited???

Summed himself up when he backed out of the one on one with reading keeper in play off!

That's when a number of high profile managers got up and walked out :roll: