Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Players we stand getting

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:01 am

Because the club are in contact with them in one way or the other.

Craig Bellamy - Man City want £3 million for him now and that is a feasible price for our rich Malaysains.

Robert Earnshaw - A contract has been offered to him from us.

Conway of Dundee - Talking to us

Taylor of Middlesborough - Talking to us.

Re: Players we stand getting

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:04 am

how do you know this? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:16 am

A mate of a mate of a mate.

Excluding this forum I know quite a few guys who are close to the club. Most I take with a pinch of salt but one or two I take notiice. Not often they say things but they tell me the club is moving fast since the appointment of the manager, well they have got to.

I get the impression from them that the Bellamy and Earnshaw moves were started before the appointment of MM. You can well believe that. The other 2, Taylor and Conway, I'm told were approached or intentions to approach before the appointment of MM as MM was one of the favourites for the managers job. I'm told there are a number of players on the same list as these 2 who the club had on the radar if the likes of Hughton or Di Matteo got the job.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:18 am

ian talk to your mate of a mate of a mate and tell him to tell the mate of a mate of a mate to tell the club
look at this guy befor ebrighton beat us to him

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Teams/Player ... 73,00.html :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:19 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Because the club are in contact with them in one way or the other.

Craig Bellamy - Man City want £3 million for him now and that is a feasible price for our rich Malaysains.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Transfer rumours posted by members with over 3500 posts get me excited!!!!!(in a football way!)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:21 am

hang on the taylor one was mine and i aint got 3500 posts,
baker :lol: you stealling my thunder lol

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:23 am

The Premier 1 wrote:hang on the taylor one was mine and i aint got 3500 posts,
baker :lol: you stealling my thunder lol

:lol:

3195 works for me too! :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Because the club are in contact with them in one way or the other.

Right.

Conway sorted.

Earnie to be sorted by Friday. Bellamy pushing his price down to £2 million. No more news on Taylor atm.

And dont call me Baker.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Fine being able to afford the 3m but what about the 90k a week? Can't see him giving that up?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:52 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:A mate of a mate of a mate.

Excluding this forum I know quite a few guys who are close to the club. Most I take with a pinch of salt but one or two I take notiice. Not often they say things but they tell me the club is moving fast since the appointment of the manager, well they have got to.

I get the impression from them that the Bellamy and Earnshaw moves were started before the appointment of MM. You can well believe that. The other 2, Taylor and Conway, I'm told were approached or intentions to approach before the appointment of MM as MM was one of the favourites for the managers job. I'm told there are a number of players on the same list as these 2 who the club had on the radar if the likes of Hughton or Di Matteo got the job.

Ian, yes you are very near to the mark :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Fine being able to afford the 3m but what about the 90k a week? Can't see him giving that up?

I can.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Right.

Conway sorted.

Earnie to be sorted by Friday. Bellamy pushing his price down to £2 million. No more news on Taylor atm.

And dont call me Baker.

Carlsberg don't do updates, but if they did, they'd be the best in the world! :ayatollah: :lol:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Fine being able to afford the 3m but what about the 90k a week? Can't see him giving that up?

I can.

You have more faith than me.
Still think he will join though, either on loan like last season or man city give him a free transfer and pay up most of his wages with city paying him the difference.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I can.

You have more faith than me.
Still think he will join though, either on loan like last season or man city give him a free transfer and pay up most of his wages with city paying him the difference.

Maybe we'd pay him a modest basic salary which could be heavily incentive laden, like a huge bonus if we get promoted. Craig after all was quoted as saying he'd play for us for nothing, although I could never see this happening. Just shows where the mans heart and soul lies though right.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:57 pm

That is the type of contract I would expect if man city release him and pay him up.

I've no not seen the "free" quote... If u have a link I'd love to see (not a dig). Just I find the while situation very interesting and like to see all opinions.

I currently stick by my previous options.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:03 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28765760/

No quote only an "impeccable" source