Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Rumours that Nicky Maynard maybe sold

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:25 am

No to expensive

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:01 am

Yes, class player who will always score a lot of goals. Bristol City have already rejected one offer from Leicester so they are obviously holding out for big money. Would be a great signing though. Adam Le Fondre would be another. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:10 am

We won't spend that much on one player concidering how weak our squad is now. We need to bring in two decent strikers rather than spent big money on one.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:28 am

At the right price he'd be a great buy. Proven goalscorer at this level. Is he over the injury problems?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:43 am

Daily Mirror reports this morning that Leicester, Forest and West Ham are in for him. You look at all the clubs making the move in the Market at the moment and they are the teams who are going to be at the top of the table come the end of the season.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:46 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Daily Mirror reports this morning that Leicester, Forest and West Ham are in for him. You look at all the clubs making the move in the Market at the moment and they are the teams who are going to be at the top of the table come the end of the season.

Yep, gunna be a tough league next year! :shock:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:46 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Daily Mirror reports this morning that Leicester, Forest and West Ham are in for him. You look at all the clubs making the move in the Market at the moment and they are the teams who are going to be at the top of the table come the end of the season.

Yep, gunna be a tough league next year! :shock:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:47 am

would prefere nugent and ernie but yes i would have him here.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:52 am

Class player but can't see BCFC selling him for less than 4 Million

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:29 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Class player but can't see BCFC selling him for less than 4 Million

Might be less with only 1 year left on contract

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:42 pm

moonboots wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Class player but can't see BCFC selling him for less than 4 Million

Might be less with only 1 year left on contract

IMO he is the best striker in the Championship. If he wasn't injured for the majority of last season he would of been top scorer end of. If i was manager i would of tried to buy him offering Chopra as part of the bait. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:18 pm

My wurzel mate from work in Bristol told me he was available last week, he reckons we will be in for him, I'm not so sure.

He rates him has there best player when fit, and doesn't want to see him leave.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Excellent player.
Fitness and cost maybe prohibitive.

(extra points for use of the word prohibitive.)

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:38 am

Would definatley sign him ! No hesitation !

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:51 am

If we have money to spend then I think he would fit the bill upfront :ayatollah: :ayatollah: