Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Peter Whittingham transfer updates!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:47 am

Technically a very good player

but yet again, someone who looks like they are walking through Roath Park on a
Sunday stroll for much of the game. His workrate is shite. However, if the new
manager can get Peter Whittingham looking for the ball, demanding it, and getting
forward like he did two seasons ago... he could be a very good player AGAIN!!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:03 am

Lots of people go on about Whitts work rate or lack of it but apparently in the tests done last season he was one of the players who covered the most ground? Personally i thought apart from a few games is work rate was good last season and he was one of the better players at the end of the season so i would definitely keep him and if we were to sell slap a 3m price tag on his head. :old:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:12 am

I aint going to post links for a private conversation.

We will wait and see if my source is right I guess.

I don't want to see Whitts leave

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:37 am

GarethGardner wrote:Id like us to sign Alan Gow. I rated him highly at Blackpool, how on earth he ended up in Notts County is another thing mind,

He's a horrid time with injuries. He was offered a decent bit of money for 5 months at County.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:45 am

he is one of the best players in the league, people saying £1mill is laughable

he will be key next year

Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:52 am

blueheaven wrote:Lots of people go on about Whitts work rate or lack of it but apparently in the tests done last season he was one of the players who covered the most ground? Personally i thought apart from a few games is work rate was good last season and he was one of the better players at the end of the season so i would definitely keep him and if we were to sell slap a 3m price tag on his head. :old:

Well i stand corrected mate

He's certainly worth keeping in my eyes.

Basically, it will be like him signing for a new club next season with Malky in charge
and 'Dycho' running training sessions!! A superfit Whitts screaming for the ball??

Yeh, I'll have some of that!!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:04 am

Granted we all want young energetic midielders with a huge workrate, but we need that bit of class and quality in the side aswell.

No questions about it for me I'd keep him.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:11 am

Leeds rejected an offer of £3.5m for Snodgrass and I rate them about the same, only 3 years difference. Anything less than £2m is bad business IMO :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 am

MyNameIsAled wrote:Leeds rejected an offer of £3.5m for Snodgrass and I rate them about the same, only 3 years difference. Anything less than £2m is bad business IMO :ayatollah:

id trade whitts for snodgrass and them give us 1mil anyday

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:06 am

Whitts is going nowhere .. He's just come back from Vegas and is now holidaying with the boys in Portugal, he signed a contract last year. Loves Cardiff and has no intention of leaving. Just rumours, don't understand why some people slate him. He's not quick but is regularly getting 15 plus goals, I no he's bemused by this himself

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:14 pm

Rhys The Peace wrote:He will stay and sign a new contract imo.

Hope so anyway. If he was to go anything less than £2 million would be robbery.

He signed a contract last season :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:26 pm

dyche just become watford manager ,also only my oppinion, but i dont see whitts being the type for mm ,he is too slow ,cant tackle, no bottle ,or pace ,get as much as we can for him and let mm replace him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: