feb 10th

A forum for all things Cardiff City

feb 10th

Postby murphy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:47 pm

im not to familiar with the buisness side of football, if the tax bill is not payed by 10th feb will that send us into administration
murphy

feb 10th

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: feb 10th

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:48 pm

It will be the start of it. The directors will have no option but to apply for administration.
Bakedalasker

Postby nobby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:54 pm

murphy wrote:im not to familiar with the buisness side of football, if the tax bill is not payed by 10th feb will that send us into administration

We could go into administration before Feb the 10th, but if the bill is not paid it will be inevitable, then the administrators will come in and sieze all assets, and try and find a buyer. :cry:
nobby

Postby cefnblue » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:24 pm

nobby wrote:
murphy wrote:im not to familiar with the buisness side of football, if the tax bill is not payed by 10th feb will that send us into administration

We could go into administration before Feb the 10th, but if the bill is not paid it will be inevitable, then the administrators will come in and sieze all assets, and try and find a buyer. :cry:

and then in an ideal world the malaysians will come in :ayatollah:
cefnblue

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:44 pm

nobby wrote:

What happens to the shares/shareholders ? I'm presuming they have no value other than what any new purchaser buys the club for ????
A Quiet Monkfish

Postby nobby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:51 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
nobby wrote:

What happens to the shares/shareholders ? I'm presuming they have no value other than what any new purchaser buys the club for ????

If we do not pay the tax bill then we will go into liquidation, but the club will probably opt for administration first before this happens, but hopefully none of this will be the case and the revenue will be in place before the 10th Feb for the tax bill to be paid.
nobby

Postby cardiff city stadium » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:56 pm

i suspect the most likely scenario that a further payment schedule will be agreed.HMRC will not wind the club up at this point.
cardiff city stadium

Postby nobby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:58 pm

nobby

Postby NinianSHEEP » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:00 pm

cardiff city stadium wrote:i suspect the most likely scenario that a further payment schedule will be agreed.HMRC will not wind the club up at this point.

Are you Blazing Saddles in disguise? :D

All we can hope for is the tax is paid................Fingers crossed :ayatollah:
NinianSHEEP

Postby nobby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:04 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:
cardiff city stadium wrote:i suspect the most likely scenario that a further payment schedule will be agreed.HMRC will not wind the club up at this point.

Are you Blazing Saddles in disguise? :D

All we can hope for is the tax is paid................Fingers crossed :ayatollah:

Only if the club can prove that there will be additional income coming in and guaranteed income then the HMRC may consider a further payment schedule.
nobby

Postby NinianSHEEP » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:08 pm

I know mate :ayatollah: but as we havent stuck to payment plans thus far are we deemed untrustable?
NinianSHEEP

Postby bluebirds » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:18 pm

If the bill is not paid on 10th then HRMC can put the club into liquidation, not administration. The HRMC would then be preferential creditors (after players). It is unlikely the club would continue trading although I fail to see what benefit that would bring to HRMC. Also, this land deal with the council could be challanged in court as it could be seen as shifting assets when the club was insolvent - obvisouly HRMC would want the land in lieu of payments owed.
bluebirds

Postby cardiff city stadium » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:22 pm

HMRC will bend over backwards in the present climate but they have to see some money coming through, if not all.
So my (season ticket) money is on a further delay in winding up order,subject to a revised payment schedule.
may just enable transfer embargo to be lifted and emergency loans to be brought in as cover for Joe and hudson.

ps I am NOT blazing saddles, but after what feels like a hundred years supporting the City, you have to remain optimistic. I think we have seen worse situations than we have now. The biggest disappointment now is the fact that we are so close to something very big.
cardiff city stadium

Postby NinianSHEEP » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:28 pm

cardiff city stadium wrote:HMRC will bend over backwards in the present climate but they have to see some money coming through, if not all.
So my (season ticket) money is on a further delay in winding up order,subject to a revised payment schedule.
may just enable transfer embargo to be lifted and emergency loans to be brought in as cover for Joe and hudson.

ps I am NOT blazing saddles, but after what feels like a hundred years supporting the City, you have to remain optimistic. I think we have seen worse situations than we have now. The biggest disappointment now is the fact that we are so close to something very big.

The saddles thing was just a joke, sorry if i offended you.

As ive said time and again i will only listen when bills are paid until then i wont.

The biggest dissapointment is the lies and bullshit coming from the powers that be. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS That is my opinion.
NinianSHEEP

Return to General Chat