Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mackays potential signings

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:52 pm

I have a feeling Mackay is going to capture some fantastic signings for the City ... some of the names thrown about whether they're true or false are quality players (Don Cowie, Andrew Taylor, Craig Conway, Craig Forsyth, Adam Le Fondre etc)

Mackay is hungry for success with a determined spirit, a breath of fresh air for the Bluebirds. I can't wait to find out who's on Mackays wish list.

Re: Mackays potential signings

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Le Fondre was great last season. He had a huge dry spell (I don't know if that was down to injury or anything), but I saw him score some great goals on the Football League Show. The question is would he be able to make the transition from League 2 to the Championship?

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:07 pm

I think he could be huge in the Championship given half a chance, he's a bit like Chopra, deadly on the finish.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Would be delighted if Le Fondre signed.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:22 pm

and me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:23 pm

I think it can often be really difficult to score goals in league 2.

Scrappy football, extremely physical and probably shit players all around you.

Put a good goal scorer in a league like the Championship, in a team full of footballers and hopefully they can do really well!!!

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:33 pm

That's a very good point. I do actually think that Le Fondre would be a good signing, for the right price. How much is the right price though?

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:36 pm

hooligan858 wrote:That's a very good point. I do actually think that Le Fondre would be a good signing, for the right price. How much is the right price though?

I was told Rotherham want £1m for him.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:58 pm

I Heard Bellamy To Come Back £3 Million , Earnshaw free and Ross McKormack To Return 500k :ayatollah: