Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Financial Question

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:11 am

As this is first season in a long time we have revenue coming in from ticket sales , does anyone know how much this is ?? 17000 sold at say 350 avarage ?? £6m maybe

Also how much do we get from Championship ??? And TV money ???

We really should thank the Malasians for paying salaries etc , I know I have not added up commercial and sponsorship sales but does not leave that much without investment

Roll on this season - Does explain why we are letting high salary earners go and bringing in manager who can grow with CCFC

Re: Financial Question

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Someone must be in the know ???

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:34 pm

NIBluebird wrote:As this is first season in a long time we have revenue coming in from ticket sales , does anyone know how much this is ?? 17000 sold at say 350 avarage ?? £6m maybe

Also how much do we get from Championship ??? And TV money ???

We really should thank the Malasians for paying salaries etc , I know I have not added up commercial and sponsorship sales but does not leave that much without investment

Roll on this season - Does explain why we are letting high salary earners go and bringing in manager who can grow with CCFC

Season ticket sales to date are closer to 18,000 than 17,000 but your average of £350 is way over the top because you have not allowed for concessions in the family stand etc. nor for v.a.t which is included in the ticket price but which , of course, is not the club`s. Net of v.a.t. I would guess the average season ticket benefit to the club is more like £250 x 18,000 i.e.£4.5m in total.

Championship clubs get £3m a season from the League`s share of t.v. money.

I would expect next season`s total income to be similar to last season`s (i.e. about £18m)

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Keith, where does the 11 extra million come from? I know there is walk up etc